Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-20, 02:33 AM   #1
FazaWeiss
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Hello Allies. I'm from Russia.

(I am writing via google translator)
First of all, I would like to move a little away from the game theme and thank you all (allies) for your help and great contribution to the victory over the Axis countries. Unfortunately, very few people understand this. In our country there is propaganda that we won the war. And the allies were doing something incomprehensible and came to the rescue at the very end. Sad ...
Recently I watched the TV series (film) "hell in the pacific", not a 1968 release, but a documentary of 10 episodes. He made a big impression on me.

Now about the boats. Started off as expected with Silent Hunter 3. I cannot say that I am a fan of underwater simulators. But from time to time I always come back to them to play enough. It happens that you sit down to play in the morning and do not notice how the evening has already come, it is so addictive. Then, with the release of Silent Hunter 5, he began to play it. Of course, I was pleased with the graphics, the ability to walk on the boat, the new damage system without hit points. True, the vanilla version lacks the hardcore hover. Later I put the mod "Wolves of steel". It became much more interesting to play with him. As I played, I began to learn new techniques. I learned how to determine the course and speed of the convoy from a submerged position at 4 points. At first, he beat everything with conventional torpedoes, and only then he learned to use torpedoes with magnetic fuses.
I am very glad that now, albeit not large publishers, but still indie developers have paid attention to us. And now they are making two new games (Hallelujah!). They are still being developed, but I believe that they will be made.
U-BOAT - Everything is very cool, but there is not enough hardness in aiming, already in the steam workshop, players make mods to fix this. Hopefully they will bring all of this into the game. Leaving the right for the player to decide how he wants to play.
Wolfpack - Straight super realism, at first there were not enough bots. (I have few friends who play games, and none of them is fond of the submarine fleet). And it seems to me that a submarine is more for one, a measured, meditative journey across the ocean. This game lacks a campaign, an open ocean, bases. I hope it will.
How did I get here?
Having played enough with German boats, I decided to look at American submarines. Not surprisingly, there is practically nothing on our (Russian) forums (read the first post). I also realized that the 4th vanilla part is also unfinished. And in search of mods, I found your forum, where I successfully installed the "TMO" mod. I haven’t had time to play properly yet, but I liked the first impression.

Now I decided to experiment. It became interesting what kind of measurement error can be made when aiming. Basically, everyone says, and I shoot videos, how to do it correctly, but no one talks about how far we can deviate from these data, should we sit with a micrometer over each pose? We have three main values: speed, distance, course.
As soon as I finish the excel file, I will probably create a new topic on this forum. If I can figure out where to place it.
Such a story.
St. Petersburg
FazaWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 05:21 AM   #2
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

That is quite an impressive first post FazaWeiss.

Welcome to SubSim

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 06:36 AM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Quote:
In our country there is propaganda that we won the war. And the allies were doing something incomprehensible and came to the rescue at the very end.
FazaWeiss! BUT BUT That's exactly exactly how it was....with a little Lend Lease Spam from Minnesota! A wartime cartoon in The New Yorker shows the docks of Murmansk covered with off-loaded containers and a Soviet official having trouble finding the word “spam” in the dictionary. Spam was one of the many food items sent to the former Soviet Union by the United States under the Lend-Lease Program first suggested by Winston Churchill, to which the United States contributed the major portion. WE had our own propaganda machine: logic101: An army travels on its stomach. The world ate Spam in WWII. Minnesota makes Spam....Minnesota won the war!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-10-20 at 06:51 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 07:37 AM   #4
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Icon14

Welcome to SubSim FazaWeiss!

Enjoy your
stay and experience!

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 08:02 AM   #5
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Welcome to SubSim FazaWeiss.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 08:43 AM   #6
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Welcome Aboard!

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-20, 05:13 AM   #7
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Welcome aboard and thank you (from the UK) for those nice comments about our past alliance, friend. Yes it's true that in Russia the Second World War has often been referred to as 'The Great Patriotic War', but your people are happily better informed about the bigger picture and events of those times nowadays