Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 02-05-11, 08:39 PM   #1
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0
Default J2M3 vs Bf-109 G-6 (Late)

What tactics should 109 use in this match up?

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 08:44 PM   #2
TarJak
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 150
Uploads: 8

Bail out and go get a FW-190?
TarJak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-11, 11:20 PM   #3
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarJak View Post
Bail out and go get a FW-190?
Thats what id do. (190 FTW) In all actuality, I hate the G 6, have since a little know lolwaffle campaign in the Mediterranean
Old 02-05-11, 11:39 PM   #4
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54

Pulls out Lolwaffles Aircraft Ref Book, thumbs through a few pages... G(Ground-hugger)6, pilots notes: Do not fly the G6 unless commiting suiside or planing a mass kamikaze attack on the enemy. The Bf-109 is the best version of the 109 ever made it has good speed, handeling, armour and guns.
Old 02-06-11, 06:03 AM   #5
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kptlt. Hellmut Neuerburg View Post
The Bf-109 is the best version of the 109 ever made it has good speed, handeling, armour and guns.
I think you forgot something.
109 G-2 FTW (at least in Il2).
Old 02-06-11, 09:50 AM   #6
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
I think you forgot something.
109 G-2 FTW (at least in Il2).
I agree.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 11:23 AM   #7
Wolverine15
Swabbie

Downloads: 43

I play with the 109G series and i love them, but of course i'm new to that kind of game. Someone can tell me which plane is the best?
Old 02-06-11, 02:46 PM   #8
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine15 View Post
I play with the 109G series and i love them, but of course i'm new to that kind of game. Someone can tell me which plane is the best?
Depends on your own style. If you want a 109 then the G2 is probably the best all rounder. The G6 models have lost a lot of their manoeuvrability and are too slow compared to allied fighters. The later variants (G10 onwards) are fast enough again but still don't have the desired agility one would like. The pre G2 versions are lacking in armament, with exception of the F4. The F4 however doesn't have the armor of the G2 which leaves the G2 as the best balanced 109 in the game but it's also too slow to keep up with late allied planes.
Old 02-06-11, 04:18 PM   #9
Wolverine15
Swabbie

Downloads: 43

WOW! Thanks for the info Schroeder!
Wolverine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-11, 07:33 PM   #10
Schwieger
Commodore

So no one know what should be done? lol

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Old 02-06-11, 07:37 PM   #11
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Get on his tail and shoot him? I'm not sure, but I think both planes have about the same maneuverability, and the G-6 might be a bit faster.
Old 02-06-11, 07:41 PM   #12
Schwieger
Commodore

No, J2M is faster, climbs better and turns better

Old 02-06-11, 07:55 PM   #13
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

It is? I recall them being largely comparable in performance, though it's been a pretty long time since I flew either, so I could be wrong.

Anyway, it's hard to say what tactics the 109 should use, since that largely depends on the energy difference between them, altitude and a lot of other things.
Old 02-07-11, 08:46 AM   #14
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
So no one know what should be done? lol
When in doubt, get altitude advantage and boom & zoom his arse. Not much he can do other than dodge your attacks and hope you make a mistake, if he tries to climb, he loses E and thus maneuverability, making your job much easier.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-11, 10:16 AM   #15
L.T
Torpedoman

Downloads: 25

J2M vs 109...

The J2M is a neglectet plane by many, nothing more than another plane to scroll over. KI-84`s and N1K`s have taken much of the glory and many people knows the name KI-44 better than J2M.

An easy answer is hard, and explaining is even harder.

On paper the 109 should have the slight edge if you think standard "Japanese" flying and planes. One huge factor that sets the J2M aside anything else, is that it was build to go high and fast. Japanese engineers didnt have to think manouverbility and samurai style flying, they had some big engines they needed to build a plane that could use that. (like the aircobra and its gun)

Since i have been flying loads of years as Japanese pilot in IL2 campaigns and been using a great deal of time in the 109`s i will dare to come with a claim.

If the pilot understand energy fighting and how to operate the plane the J2M should win at medium and high altitude. J2M sux at the deck, its above 4000m you realy can fly it and with the J2M5 you can fight right up there with the pony and the jug.

To fight any of the J2M`s you need to keep him below 3500m. You need to make him evade. The 109 can outfight the J2M below 3000m if you DONT turn with him. One thing. He accelerates faster than you and hes average climp is better than the 109. But speed climping doing YO-YO`s and below 3000m should deffently give you an upper hand against the J2M. But its not a zero paper plane and it can take some damedge.

6th IJN BFT combat list.

Effective combat altitude

A6M 0-3600m (A6M7 4500m)
KI-43 0m-4500m
KI-61 0m-4500m
KI-84 0m-4500m
N1K 0m-4000m
KI-100 0m-4000m
J2M"3" 3500m-5500m
J2M"5" 3500m-7800m

There is alot of explanation behind these numbers, and they are about IL2 hight altitude engine limitations, and cant be used as pr RL.

A6M run into dive problems fast, falls like a brick when diving to fast loosing engine power the second you get up to around 4000m.
KI-43 have a lousy intitial dive acceleration and falls apart....

i dont have all the "manuels" we createt for the 6th IJN basic flight trainings, so most of this is out of memory.

If you want to fight a specific plane, you need to understand and learn the types limitations. AQll planes do have something that you can turn into your advantege. In your case

Keep fight below 3500m, use YO-YO and keep making him evade, then you get your shooting solution

sorry about long post

LTBear

ps. small edit

about the 190 vs J2m
J2m accelerates faster, climp faster in sustained climp, keeps the energy better in energy fighting. J2M turns worse than the 190 and cant go quite as fast in a dive and the 190 have better weapons, but anything up to the D`series of the 190 should not feel safe above 3500M

About the general 109. the G2 is the best because it stil have agility. Well. since slashing attacks was the most used way of engaging after mid 43 you dont need agility. The P-38 aint agile but stil kicked japs. The Hellcat aint a balet dancer, but stil killed japanese planes. Even the P-47 that is massive got some pretty decent kill`s under its belt.

Dogfights are WW1 and 1940-1941 tactics. After that its about speed and ambush. There is a reson its called Turn and burn. The G2 is an awsome plane, but i take the F4 any day. way better energy fighter. This is why the zero failed so bad. It was not ment to fight energy combat, and never got an update that could make it compete against allied planes.

You are sitting in a battery, and you need to make sure there is always power enough on it to operate the machine.

Hole crap this is getting long....i stop now lmao...sorry all

Last edited by L.T; 03-08-11 at 11:33 AM.
L.T is offline   Reply With Quote