SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-18, 11:04 AM   #1
Astute59
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Icon7 CMANO Aircraft won't land on carrier

Hi Everyone,

I've started playing Command again after a few years off and seem to have found a problem. I've searched the posts on this forum but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned before.

I created a scenario which includes a QE class carrier. Some time into the scenario the aircraft could not take-off or land. The aircraft waiting to land circle until the y reach the critical fuel alarm before finally landing.

I can't launch anything either because the message "waiting for available taxiway/elevator" just keeps cycling. If I abort the launch and take the offending aircraft off the mission and try to launch other aircraft I get the same result.

I seem to remember seeing this when I played before but with land bases.

As anyone else had this problem, and if so is there a solution. I saved the game, opened in the editor and set aircraft fuel to near zero and back up again to force them to land. When I restarted the saved game it was ok for a while but same problem came back.
Astute59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-18, 03:33 AM   #2
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2

Hi,

Can you please post a save file demonstrating the issue?

Thanks.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-18, 08:13 AM   #3
Astute59
Swabbie

Icon1 CMANO Aircraft won't land on carrier

Thanks for your reply. Just by way of an update, I was reading the FAQ's on the Matrix Forum, and I thought I may have found the problem. The maximum number of aircraft loaded should not exceed 75% of the total capacity to allow air ops to run smoothly. Logical.

So I reduced the QE's number of a/c to 46 in total and ran the scenario again. All was well for a while. A strike was forming up normally and the CAP was returning to Carrier. As soon as the first CAP a/c went into the landing que the lifts would not take anymore a/c to the flight deck. The CAP circled but didn't land, again!.

I took the retuning a/c off RTB and sent them sightseeing. The strike started forming up again and lift went back to taking a/c to the flight deck. When the strike had left and no other deck ops were ongoing I made the CAP a/c RTB again. No change though just circled around in the landing que. I saved the game so will have a go at attaching it to this post (hopefully you can see the original save game file).

I may raise a query on the Matrix Tech Support web site as well. If they come back with a solution I'll post it here as well.
Old 01-28-18, 10:44 PM   #4
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute59 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Just by way of an update, I was reading the FAQ's on the Matrix Forum, and I thought I may have found the problem. The maximum number of aircraft loaded should not exceed 75% of the total capacity to allow air ops to run smoothly. Logical.

So I reduced the QE's number of a/c to 46 in total and ran the scenario again. All was well for a while. A strike was forming up normally and the CAP was returning to Carrier. As soon as the first CAP a/c went into the landing que the lifts would not take anymore a/c to the flight deck. The CAP circled but didn't land, again!.
That's interesting, the FAQ. Makes sense, but honestly never had issues with a 100% loadout and replenishing existing CAPs and support flights. Is this a new issue that popped up or was I just a fortunate player that missed that particular anomaly?
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 11:10 AM   #5
Astute59
Swabbie

Icon1 Solution from Matrix Tech Support

Hi Everyone,

I posted the problem on the Matrix Games Tech Support Forum and received a very quick response.

The problem is I populated the QE with the F35C variant which the database does not support for the QE class. It lets you add them but won't let them back on board . Its a pity because I like to do all sort of 'what if scenarios'. So beware if you upgrade any platforms with better spec' aircraft.

Its good to see that Command is still being developed and is so well supported though.

Hope this is of help to others.
Old 01-30-18, 12:32 AM   #6
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99

Glad you got it sorted out. I never had any issues, hence the head scratching about your problem. Admittedly, have not used the QE2 yet, with F-35 complement aboard. Good information.
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote