SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-18-20, 11:08 AM   #2206
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffg View Post
I have one quick question hopefully somebody can answer, I had an SSd drivenfailure and had to replace It. I had to wipe off everything on the 1 TB drive and now when I reinstall SH4 and FOTRUS with the latest patch and the officer’s quarters mod 1000_Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU_v1.1_EN and compatibility patch nothing shows up. When you Go from the control room through the hatch it’s the same old U-boat compartment. My question is what am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it as I want the officers quarters back?
Specs,
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 core processor
32 gig ram
Nvida GeForce RTX 2060
Windows 10 64 bit
Thank you,
Jeffg
Change the mod list from
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffg View Post
100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.24_EN
FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN
101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p
to:
Quote:
101_Patch_v1.2To_v1.26p
FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN
FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility
by swapping the load order of two, and with the addition of FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility. Also, be aware that if you are in an S-Boat, that has not been added by vickers03 as of yet... Also be aware that the v1.26p breaks as much as it fixes, in true Ubisoft style...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 01:24 PM   #2207
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 953
Uploads: 0

Will an updated version of the megamod be released soon?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 04:42 PM   #2208
Jeffg
Exec

Downloads: 1484

Thank you to Propbeanie and KaleunMarco as that fixed the issue. I love having a cup of coffee in the wardroom while its quiet on patrol and read a good submarine book.

JeffG
Old 11-18-20, 04:46 PM   #2209
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Next release....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Will an updated version of the megamod be released soon?
See post #2197 & pay attention to the 2nd half of that post... that would be the bottom half...

That's if nothing else crops up that they have to delay releasing it, around that time...

It does take time to do the work, so best advice... patience, is the watch word of each & every day.

To the team, much appreciation for your hard efforts to bring this mega out into the light of day... a tip o' the hat to y'all...

M. M.

Old 11-18-20, 05:10 PM   #2210
zeus
Lieutenant

Downloads: 953

OK thanks

where can i find the youtube video?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-20, 07:07 PM   #2211
propbeanie

I ran into computer issues the other night, or rather, local utility power issues. We had a bit of a wind "storm", that in most localities would have resulted in minimal, if any impact on the power grid. But around my side of town near Indianapolis, it causes disasters with electronic equipment. I was down for over 24 hours just with the power going off and on for various lengths of time throughout the day. My suspicion is that the same tree that fell into the power lines 3 years ago somewhere nearby, is still resting on the wires. Get a little breeze, get a power outage. Wind blows again, power outage... very irritating.

On top of all of that, it ruined the boot record on one computer, and trashed the power supply in an older machine. Those took me another 24 hours to "fix" between replacing the PS with a spare, and the ChkDsk scanning of five hard drives in the other, and recovering lost fragments. I was in the middle of editing files for the next version, with maybe about 12 windows open with various files when the power started going out. The previous round of power issues trashed the battery in my UPS... not cool, not cool at all... In the meantime, I lost probably about 20 minutes worth of video. The files are there, but they no longer play, so I only have two 10 minute segments, and about maybe 6 in a third vid, that I'll be uploading shortly... again, not cool, not cool at all... Needless to say, we have now lost another several days, and still haven't found why the Tench now crashes the game... can't have that.

Anyway, on Page One of this thread is Post #4, Team and Other Videos, most of them are older, but Wolfpack345 has his "Cinematic" vid listed first, especially since it is way better than anything we've done... lol

Old 11-19-20, 02:30 AM   #2212
Tucker
Seaman

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Well, I have replicated the issue, and I have attempted what I thought would be an easy text-based "fix" for you, that would put the problem out of its misery, but the game refuses to cooperate with me in that manner. Apparently once set, it is in stone. So what you can attempt to do is load that previous Save and get your gun crews back into the repair team slots, then dock and end patrol. Accept the gun. Save the game and exit. Note the time. Then use the technique in

Post 2027 - Possible Deck Gun Fix For Failed Balao Boat Upgrade:

But modify it for your boat and gun. You are messing with the Save file, so back-up that folder by copying and pasting it somewhere else for the "just-in-case" scenario. The S-18 (and 42) only have a bow gun, which since there isn't a stern torpedo room, the deck gun ends up in Compartment 6, instead of 7 & 8, so adjust accordingly. The gun should be listed as "3inch .50cal CannonSClass" though, while the fleet boats use the "3inch .50cal Cannon". I have not proven conclusively yet, as to whether the listing of the AcceptedTypes is the problem, or the typo in the 4" gun on the S-18 boat. I don't think I'm going to worry too much about it, since it is addressed for the next version, as are all of the guns. Most were correct, but the incorrect ones caused issues (S18, Balao & Tench) when upgrading. I don't think we have completely "fixed" the Stock and other mods' issue with losing crews and guns though, just improved the reliability some...
Thanks for the help Propbeanie . Following the Balao instructions I was able to fix the deck gun. Now I have the overhauled AA mount and a working Deck Gun. This is much apricated and allows me to continue on with my campaign. Happy Sailing .
Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-20, 03:51 AM   #2213
propbeanie

Glad it worked. Here are a couple of the S-18 vidz:

and one with what we're trying to accomplish for the next release:

The video quality really shtinks, but with all of the issues, I'm surprised these turned out OK. I have a few more minutes of the S-18 stuff, but the rest of it went bye-bye with the power outages we had, and it does not seem to be recoverable.

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-19-20 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-19-20, 04:11 PM   #2214
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

A small error, it says Honshu instead of Kyushu and Shikoku.

Old 11-19-20, 07:18 PM   #2215
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
A small error, it says Honshu instead of Kyushu and Shikoku.
if you hold your monitor upside-down and close one eye, it might say Kyushu.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 03:09 PM   #2216
Archduke
Nub

Downloads: 26
Default Unsinkable ship

So I recently started playing this mod, and for the most part I've had no issues. However, I've had issues with sinking a "Large Ocean Liner." I've tried at least 4 attacks on it, with some saving and loading. I've put up to 10 torpedoes in this ship for no sinking. the only visible damage is that the Props have stopped, and lots of fire. I've been told it can take a while for larger ships to sink, but I've also lurked around it for over 2 in game hours for no visibile changes to the ship. I've even completely restarted the patrol, and it's been the same. (Found a similar convoy, with slight differences (two merchants were changed). The in game Date is March 31st, 42'. I am patrolling Area 7.

Am also playing on V1.24.

My question is this ship bugged, or does it take a lot sink? It might just be a base game bug, but it's still annoying, and I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.
Archduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 03:51 PM   #2217
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Unsinkable ships...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduke View Post
So I recently started playing this mod, and for the most part I've had no issues. However, I've had issues with sinking a "Large Ocean Liner." I've tried at least 4 attacks on it, with some saving and loading. I've put up to 10 torpedoes in this ship for no sinking. the only visible damage is that the Props have stopped, and lots of fire. I've been told it can take a while for larger ships to sink, but I've also lurked around it for over 2 in game hours for no visibile changes to the ship. I've even completely restarted the patrol, and it's been the same. (Found a similar convoy, with slight differences (two merchants were changed). The in game Date is March 31st, 42'. I am patrolling Area 7.

Am also playing on V1.24.

My question is this ship bugged, or does it take a lot sink? It might just be a base game bug, but it's still annoying, and I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.
I did in fact, run into an unsinkable ship, before this, the Sen Toku - Carrier sub. Thinking back, I seem to recall running into a Large Passenger Carrier... and shot off around 6 to 8 torp's at her... I then surfaced & just about dang near depleted My deck gun ammo ... before she eventually gave up the ghost & sank... that encounter, was right after I ran into the Carrier sub I mentioned above. I shot 3 fish at that sub & it sailed off like it was superman. I went to periscope depth & awaited a report of her sinking... that took many, many hours before it did... don't recall the exact number, to be frank about it... but I submerged it was still daylight & when it sank, it was night time... I know due to the light change over the Nav map changed from a daylight light to a reddish hue, it was rough guess, about an hour or so, after that light change occured.

Accordingly, this was due to 'mod soup' issues... concerning the sub...

On that ship, the LPC, I have to wonder...???

Of all the torps I pumped out & into the LPC, 1/2 were set to go off below her hull & the other half, into her side. I forget what the keel draft was... but I staggered the 3 into her side and I did offset them from the center-line... 1 aft of that line & the other forward of it. I even varied up the depth by a few feet. I believe I set the 1 aft to be shallow, like 8-9 feet... the center line shot was about 7 feet I think, above the keel draft & the 3rd, the 1 I sent forward of the center line, I set for about 10-11 feet deep... which is a standard set up I use for the big boys, as it were...

Will be interested to hear a reply back about that particular ship...

M. M.

p.s.

Just thought about it & would say of going into your JSGME and in the center of it is a 'Tasks' listing, click on that & scroll down to find 'export activated mod list to', hover the mouse over & then click on 'clipboard' in the menu that pops up.

After that, go to desktop & create a text file, name it JSGME FotRSU active mods list. Open that text file & right click in the page select 'paste' then select save in the file listing at the top. .. or just simply be logged in & on this forum post to then paste that into a reply back here, so that the team, has a clear idea what mods you have activated.... Your choice on which method to go with to achieve that.

Hope this helps...

M. M.

Old 11-20-20, 04:23 PM   #2218
Archduke
Nub

Downloads: 26

In the most recent attack, I hit her with 4 torps, spread across her side. 1 of them was set to explode under. All hit within 10 seconds of each other. Generally, I find that most merchants can be sunk by 1-2 torps. For a ship of that size, 4 isn't unreasonable.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

Archduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 04:34 PM   #2219
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Archduke!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-20, 06:11 PM   #2220
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduke View Post
In the most recent attack, I hit her with 4 torps, spread across her side. 1 of them was set to explode under. All hit within 10 seconds of each other. Generally, I find that most merchants can be sunk by 1-2 torps. For a ship of that size, 4 isn't unreasonable.

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157

I remember having problems with that ship, I can't remember if it was the 1.2 version or the 1.4 version but I once put about 12 Mk14s into it and it was still afloat but stationary. I'm not having any problems sinking that Liner now though, I'm sure it got fixed somewhere sometime but I'm not 100% sure on it. I'm using the latest patch for FOTRS though, it could be the latest patch which fixed it as a lot of sea files are in it.

The latest patch can be found in the link, read the post and install it when you're back in the office, let Jsgme overwrite your original install and it just might fix things for you....... or it might not.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1924