SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-22, 06:12 PM   #931
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
well, then, stop shooting torpedoes at Uboats!!!!!

Yeaaa, thats the ticket lol
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 08:51 AM   #932
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815
Uploads: 0

December 9, 1941 Pearl Harbor..
I just did a fresh install here is my list
[MODS]
Trigger Maru Overhaul 2.5 UpdateBH V2.0=1
Nav Map Make-Over TMO Update 2.0=2
NMMO Patch TMO Update V2.0=3
TMO Update BH V2.0 PATCH 01=4
Fleetboat_Interior_TMO2.5_BH_U_2.0=5
EAX_Clang_Splash=6
AAtoDeckguns+Radio=7
Pre-PearlHarborPatch TMO Update V2.0=8
BBPearlHarbor Pre War TMO=9
Torpedoes Early_TNTV4B=10
TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3=11

now the reconnaissance manual the scale under the hull is shifted...

sorry for posting in the wrong place...
now here in Pearl Harbor..
???problem..
départ 2 messages 2X

I find that plankton should be reduced...slightly it would be better with the marine fauna

I'm glad you reworked the mines because several times died because of it
I have had ctds several times I think because of her... several things have not been... but hey I have all reinstalled... so we are off again... we will see... but the Pearl has started evil...!!!

see you soon BH greeting is thank you Kal maximus U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-22, 09:32 AM   #933
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
December 9, 1941 Pearl Harbor..
I just did a fresh install here is my list
[MODS]
EAX_Clang_Splash=6
AAtoDeckguns+Radio=7

???problem..
départ 2 messages 2X

I find that plankton should be reduced...slightly it would be better with the marine fauna

I have had ctds several times I think because of her... several things have not been... but hey I have all reinstalled... so we are off again... we will see... but the Pearl has started evil...!!!

Repeat message noted, will remove.

Not a problem (the grounded BB). USS Nevada, the only battleship at Pearl Harbor to get underway during the Pearl Harbor attack, was damaged. In order to avoid possibly sinking in the channel and thus blocking entry and exit to the harbor for some time, the Captain purposely grounded her at Nevada near Hospital Point, where the battleship remained for some time , until Feb 1942 if I recall. I placed the BB there to represent the Nevada, although she spawned a bit different than did in testing, happens sometimes.

Plankton is not my call, its a third party mod added in. There is a updated sea life mod by vickers03 can enable, see if it works better.

Yes, mines were a issue, thus the removal.

The image of fuel tank, just cant be avoided, have to ignore it. Fuel tanks are technically ships, but they dont move etc. THey have to be so AI will target them, since won't target land objects, thus as ships show up in rec manual.
Old 05-21-22, 09:41 AM   #934
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Hey BH ... when is the manual then?
thanks for the other details...
Old 05-21-22, 10:37 AM   #935
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:

December 9, 1941 Pearl Harbor.. I just did a fresh install here is my list

[MODS]

EAX_Clang_Splash=6
AAtoDeckguns+Radio=7

???problem..

départ 2 messages 2X

Here, as Bubblehead pointed out, is as was in the aftermath of the attack on Pearl.

The U.S.S. Nevada, after sustaining numerous hits, flooding taking her down & would have blocked the channel had Capt. Francis W. Scanland & his XO, continued to make for open water & not made the call to beach her.... as they did.

This, was something that I had discussed with Bubblehead about... the incorrect appearance of in Stock & other follow up mods that looked to rectify the error... (& I use that term here, loosely for the screw up that Ubi made of things here in regards to the SH lineage...) the aftermath that was Pearl.

If that, makes your comment of "but the Pearl has started evil...!!!" be the cause of it... then I'll take the knocks for that.

have yet to ship out of Pearl, in the wake of the attack.... YET, I might add... so don't know how the ability to get underweigh is out of Pearl, as I am 1 of those that follows a do as they did back then, sort of gamer/sim player, with such as what SH4 is... from My perspective... a simulation of actual events that occurred & how those that were there... faced them.

It's, as close to history as 1 can get... short of travelling back in time, to actually be there.
Old 05-21-22, 01:00 PM   #936
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Hey Mad Mardigan...
As I have already said, I do not know well this USS Pacific war which was yours..
I only know the outline is still... now after the fact... at first I thought about this attack the day before... but I told myself that it didn't fit with the image then... now I learn that this is normal...
we are still far from reality by looking at the archives
Battleship USS Nevada

Now I understand the technical aspect of production...but I think it's really not good here...!
For those who want to know more about Pearl Harbor attack see here
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...1-ships-pearl/
Now I would like to know if you have these recognition manual problems ... as for the rest I understand very well that BH cannot do everything because it already does a lot ... I understand that BH is trying to new to enjoy a lot of realistic things which brings a real unique atmosphere which gives life to this mods which I find really excellent...now I am far from having seen all of them so much there is..
the campaign so many possibilities it's very good all that ... hours of play in perspective ..
here is my dear Mardigan I am waiting for feedback from you on the recognition manual please.. thank you..
My sincere friendship Mad Mardigan.. kind regards Kal_Maximus_U669
Old 05-21-22, 01:16 PM   #937
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Hey Mad Mardigan...
As I have already said, I do not know well this USS Pacific war which was yours..
I only know the outline is still... now after the fact... at first I thought about this attack the day before... but I told myself that it didn't fit with the image then... now I learn that this is normal...
we are still far from reality by looking at the archives
Battleship USS Nevada

Now I understand the technical aspect of production...but I think it's really not good here...!
For those who want to know more about Pearl Harbor attack see here
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...1-ships-pearl/
Now I would like to know if you have these recognition manual problems ... as for the rest I understand very well that BH cannot do everything because it already does a lot ... I understand that BH is trying to new to enjoy a lot of realistic things which brings a real unique atmosphere which gives life to this mods which I find really excellent...now I am far from having seen all of them so much there is..
the campaign so many possibilities it's very good all that ... hours of play in perspective ..
here is my dear Mardigan I am waiting for feedback from you on the recognition manual please.. thank you..
My sincere friendship Mad Mardigan.. kind regards Kal_Maximus_U669
having just finished up, on initial install of v2 of the mod set... side testing on a few other set up works... including some side testing on this 1, mind you... have just barely scratched the surface thus far...

That said, I shall see of taking a casual stroll through the Rec Man... note, that it will take a bit... after I finish posting off this reply, Mon cher ami Kal_Maximus_U669... N’ayez crainte, je vous ferai part de ce que je trouverai.

M. M.
Old 05-21-22, 07:01 PM   #938
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Hey BH ... when is the manual then?
thanks for the other details...

Again, fuel tanks are technically ships in the game, but they are not. They don't move , can placed on land etc. They don't have a image in the rec manual as no image exists for them to be placed there. They are on the roster as ships for reasons previously mentioned, so the game automatically places them in the rec manual.
Old 05-22-22, 08:09 AM   #939
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Again, fuel tanks are technically ships in the game, but they are not. They don't move , can placed on land etc. They don't have a image in the rec manual as no image exists for them to be placed there. They are on the roster as ships for reasons previously mentioned, so the game automatically places them in the rec manual.
Hey BH..greeting..
Yes, but that in no way explains the displacement of the scale...
It seems that fitzcarraldo also has this problem... that said, thank you for the detail.. I encountered several difficulties during the reassembly.. because there were several updates... which is great for the follow-up... ! This is why I recommend everyone here to start their own career again...otherwise the penalty will be 'ctd' for sure...
A few questions dear BH...
_Can we use the superb torpedoes of 'Jimimadrids Torpedos' without causing any problem to your masterpiece..?
_Have you looked at the astvitaliy1982 map with the new bathymetry?..do you plan to use it...? although yours and really very detailed I like it a lot...!!
_Do you plan to introduce a real uss narwhal...(I like this one for its firepower...) Luckner managed to introduce it in his compilation so it must work for you too, right?
_The models of these boats are those of RFB Ducimus... which its TMO... which is yours too...if I'm not mistaken...?
Well here you go BH thank you for the class S your update.. I suppose that you would do a global update of the elements to bring to your masterpiece..
cordially Kal Maximus U669

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 05-22-22 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-22-22, 09:01 AM   #940
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

This is the problem with scales in the recognitio manual. See the arrow of the mouse. The scale under the ship silhouette.

With or without Interiors.

The imags are from Museum, but it is the same in patrol and in all boats.

My resolution is 1920x1080.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 09:05 AM   #941
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Hey BH..greeting..
It seems that fitzcarraldo also has this problem... that said, thank you for the detail.. I encountered several difficulties during the reassembly.. because there were several updates... which is great for the follow-up... ! This is why I recommend everyone here to start their own career again...otherwise the penalty will be 'ctd' for sure...
A few questions dear BH...
_Can we use the superb torpedoes of 'Jimimadrids Torpedos' without causing any problem to your masterpiece..?
_Have you looked at the astvitaliy1982 map with the new bathymetry?..do you plan to use it...? although yours and really very detailed I like it a lot...!!
_Do you plan to introduce a real uss narwhal...(I like this one for its firepower...) Luckner managed to introduce it in his compilation so it must work for you too, right?
_The models of these boats are those of RFB Ducimus... which its TMO... which is yours too...if I'm not mistaken...?
Well here you go BH thank you for the class S your update.. I suppose that you would do a global update of the elements to bring to your masterpiece..
I didn´t try the Donation Narwhal but I think it should work, because it was compatible with TMO and TMO plus RSRDC.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 09:33 AM   #942
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Icon14 Narwhal

can you imagine my dear fitz... that's what i thought to myself...but maybe make some minor adjustments...so
I recall for the aficionados of the class S .... BH has just produced an update here

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...97#post2809597
Old 05-22-22, 10:13 AM   #943
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default Uss Narwahl

I started but there is to do.. as I suspected... it would have been too easy haha..

here there are no guns yet then there are connection problems with cables and other...
good after flying over all that .. there is a lot to do I think with the knots etc .. lots of Verif to do I don't have time for that I leave this work to our experts who are much better than me and will know how to be fast for the job.. BH.. vickers.. Beanie.. and many others here.!!! Otherwise there will be problems let the design guru operate...
I'm going back to enjoy BH's masterpiece... otherwise I'll never play and enjoy...

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 05-22-22 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-22-22, 11:39 AM   #944
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: Rec Man... issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
This is the problem with scales in the recognitio manual. See the arrow of the mouse. The scale under the ship silhouette.

With or without Interiors.

The images are from Museum, but it is the same in patrol and in all boats.

My resolution is 1920x1080.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Quote:
Hey BH... greeting...

It seems that fitzcarraldo also has this problem... that said, thank you for the details. I encountered several difficulties during the reassembly.. because there were several updates... which is great for the follow-up... ! This is why I recommend everyone here to start their own career again...otherwise the penalty will be 'ctd' for sure...

I did day trip through the Rec Man & can't figure it out, only to say... that it may be down to every ones computers being different makes, different manufacturers of individual parts... ll' green men aka gremlins... a blackhole in space throwing up cause it ate too much... who knows for sure..

bottom line is, on a tour of My Rec Man, the issues you guys are seeing with regards to the 'scale' beneath some ships... I'm not really seeing... with the exception of with just 1 ship.

The craziest part of it all, with that 1 on My end, is not even a ship that you've reported on... is small patrol craft/ship.

Go figure... am just dumbfounded by the... craziness of SH4. It's... the only thing I've ran across, that can cause sooooo much headache wrapped up in 1 package, yet do so with so many people & half of the issues are never the same from 1 individual to, another.

Add to that, of around... mhmmmm... gonna go out on a limb here & say... 50% of the time.. can't be reproduced, yet that another individual somewhere, invariably ends up running smack headlong into it somewhere down the road, later on.

Though, for all it's... faults, warts & idiosyncrasies.... still love the ol' gal.

1 thing I did note, & as well noted it NOT being mentioned by either of you ( fitzcarraldo & Kal_Maximus_U669 ) did either of you, notice of some ships missing half their body, or looking pale as like the ship image got acid washed into a pale shade of itself, perhaps...

As I did notice a few of both instances, as I described not many, but... a few.

M. M.
Old 05-22-22, 03:33 PM   #945
StickMasterSteven
Watch

Downloads: 169

Been running the 2.0 patch and can't get Fleetboat Interiors to work properly. Camera bugs out to an external underwater view.

Had a few other problems as well:
1. Selected PacDiv 2 from campaign start menu (based out of Pearl) and selected the 'docked outside of harbor' option when first taking command of the boat... it starts me at Midway rather than Pearl. Not sure if that's meant to happen but selecting 'docked at tender' keeps me at Pearl.
2. Game continues to CTD moving out of Midway. Tried lowering TC to see if that would help but it didn't.
3. (edit) I also noticed that the Sub School training missions are no longer there. Again, not sure if that's supposed to be that way.

Any help is appreciated. I'll post the load order below. One thing I noticed is that when installing the Fleetboat Interiors mod, vickers' instructions say to delete the Users/Documents/SH4 folder. Not sure if that would have anything to do with causing problems.

load_order.jpg

Last edited by StickMasterSteven; 05-22-22 at 03:58 PM.
StickMasterSteven is offline   Reply With Quote