SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-20, 11:20 AM   #1
Levyathan89
Soundman

Downloads: 49
Uploads: 0
Default Edit captain's log?

Hey folks,

I've got a rather unusual question. As some of you might know I've started to make an SH 3 let's play series on youtube a few weeks ago. After I recorded the last episode I somehow managed to delete all my saves accidentally. So my career is gone. Since I want to continue my current career for the LP series,I'd like to "recreate" my last save (the one I have deleted) as accurately as possible. Now of course I can set up the exact same career via SH 3 commander, get the same U-Boat, the same emblem etc. I can also get to the location where I ended the last episode with the same torpedo load etc and continue the patrol from there for the next part of the video series (it was only the first episoda of that career so it should be doable).

However what I cannot do is sinking the exact same ship I sunk during my last episode and get that into my captain's log. So my question is: is there a way to edit the log of my current patrol? So I can manually add the type of ship, tonnage, time of sinking etc? I searched the campaign files in the documents folder but I couldn't find anything. I'd be really glad if someone here had an idea how to do this.

Last edited by Levyathan89; 06-16-20 at 11:37 AM.
Levyathan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 11:31 AM   #2
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi Levyathan89 You can alter your Patrol Log through the Commander mod
Ships you sank and when tonnage Ship Name ect
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 11:46 AM   #3
Levyathan89
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Hi Levyathan89 You can alter your Patrol Log through the Commander mod
Ships you sank and when tonnage Ship Name ect
Unfortunately, SH3 commander only shows me patrols that I have already finished. Since I'm on my first patrol, there's no patrol log in SH 3 commander to be edited. That's the problem. The data of my current patrol must be saved somewhere but I don't know where.
Levyathan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 11:51 AM   #4
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Re lost Campaign data is there anything in your SH3 Folder in your documents data cfg careers if not just redo your campaign patrol best you can sink same number of ships or complete your full patrol then when back in port alter your patrol log with same ship names and same tonage crew onboard crew rescued picked up ect.

Last edited by blackswan40; 06-16-20 at 12:05 PM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 11:57 PM   #5
Speedbird 95
Nub

Downloads: 10

Guten Tag Levyathan,

Please let us know how to find your campaign on Youtube!

Thanks,

Speedbird
Speedbird 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 12:08 AM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Speedbird 95!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-20, 02:26 PM   #7
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

The patrol logs that SH3 Commander generates are in Documents\Personnel Files\SH3\CommanderName. Once they are made you should find Log_#.html files. Similarly personal file, crew list and tonnage ranking are in HTML. But if you don't have one then I guess you have to create a fake campaign and fake patrols, make logs for it and edit them with the data of your older campaign. (Sorry, repeat of what BlackSwan wrote)

There was an update at some point. This is the latest version (1.2) of the log editor. https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=4530

I vaguely remember JScones writing here about a way to import entries from a text file. But you'll have to search for details on that.

P.S. Backups, backups, backups, backups, backups, backups, backups!