SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-08-08, 06:29 AM   #31
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
This conversation gone offtopic right ?
Because our esteemed asanovic is loaded most of the time! Just how we like him the best!

But yeah, Cam mod...works...give it a try people!

And don't drink and Dive

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-08, 04:11 PM   #32
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I tried the mod yesterday, and overall I like it a lot! Some comments:

Good: I like that it doesn't change anything from GWX - the binoculars still don't have the bearing marks, which the old mod replaced. I like that I can still see through the crew when using the binoculars, as having to move to see around them is more realistic but also a real pain. I also like that if I 'walk' down to the deck gun or anywhere else, then go to another view, if I click back to the bridge view I'm actually back on the bridge. The old mod returned me to wherever I was when I clicked out. Overall it works very well.

Bad: When not using the binoculars, if I spin around it moves sideways with an odd motion, almost like I'm dancing. When on the bow I spun around to look at something and ended up standing several feet off the side of the boat!

Is that a problem, or just something I did wrong?
Old 11-10-08, 09:23 AM   #33
asanovic7
Captain

Default hey sailor

Thanks for the review..
Most of the things you mention as good are most of the things I don't know how to do.. :rotfl: But I am glad you like it..
The old mod? If you are reffering to sergbuto's mod, this mod has nothing to do with that mod(other than ideas and looks, I guess) because I don't have sergbuto's files to compare and I did it on lrt+olc file..

About the bad, I will try it out.. test it out..
Maybe your boot was going flank, you were drunk(odd motion?) and fell off.. Wow, and you call it bad? Realism factor..

Cheers!

p.s. 3d day of no smoking law.. The good thing bars have 6 months adjusting to the law period so I can get adjusted too.. But the price of the cigarettes will be up by 100%.. Godamn government.. I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I have to smoke..

p.s.s. no offence everybody, but if conversation doesn't go off topic, there is no conversation? What is the topic anyway?

Last edited by asanovic7; 11-10-08 at 09:27 AM.
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-08, 03:59 PM   #34
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovic7
Thanks for the review..
Most of the things you mention as good are most of the things I don't know how to do.. :rotfl: But I am glad you like it..
:rotfl:
Well, I'm glad you don't know how to do it. I like it the way it is.

Quote:
The old mod? If you are reffering to sergbuto's mod, this mod has nothing to do with that mod(other than ideas and looks, I guess) because I don't have sergbuto's files to compare and I did it on lrt+olc file..
Yes, I meant Sergbuto's mod, but I drew a blank on his name. As I said, some of the extra things he made didn't appeal to me (no offence meant to Serg, as he's done some great stuff), and I'm glad yours was simpler.

Quote:
About the bad, I will try it out.. test it out..
Maybe your boot was going flank, you were drunk(odd motion?) and fell off.. Wow, and you call it bad? Realism factor..
No, I was sitting still in port. I might still have been drunk though.:rotfl:

Cheers!

Quote:
p.s. 3d day of no smoking law.. The good thing bars have 6 months adjusting to the law period so I can get adjusted too.. But the price of the cigarettes will be up by 100%.. Godamn government.. I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I have to smoke..

p.s.s. no offence everybody, but if conversation doesn't go off topic, there is no conversation? What is the topic anyway?
We've had 'No Smoking' laws here for a very long time. People go outside to smoke, and we seem to have survived it so far.

And the topic was me being drunk.

Last edited by Sailor Steve; 11-11-08 at 04:00 PM.
Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-08, 07:58 AM   #35
asanovic7
Captain

Default freaking animals

didn't have time to test it yet..

Great topic!

better than the usual ones..

sHaT here winter came.. and with it, it appears just for me.. Insomnia..
I feel like I am on north pole or something..
I se Tyler Durden.
Old 11-14-08, 04:39 AM   #36
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:

Great topic!

I se Tyler Durden.
You might find it usefull for yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder
Old 11-17-08, 11:51 AM   #37
asanovic7
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
Quote:

Great topic!

I se Tyler Durden.
You might find it usefull for yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder
Lack of work brings the devil to you
:rotfl:
Old 11-17-08, 04:48 PM   #38
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

I might have found a little problem with this camera.dat
The Uzo viewport is different then the one in Gwx 2.1.
I kept missing my shots by 4-5 degrees thats why I compared the files. I'm not sure how this slipped through asanovic tho, perhaps I have an old release?..

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-08, 03:02 PM   #39
Myxale
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by piri_reis
I might have found a little problem with this camera.dat
The Uzo viewport is different then the one in Gwx 2.1.
I kept missing my shots by 4-5 degrees thats why I compared the files. I'm not sure how this slipped through asanovic tho, perhaps I have an old release?..
Yup, and the WO on the bridge makes the camera spin out of control.:hmm:
Time to put away the pivo, the zene and the football, and make an update!

Last edited by Myxale; 11-18-08 at 03:03 PM.
Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-08, 07:15 AM   #40
asanovic7
Captain

Default hey

Sorry guys, been trying to learn one exam this week.. Lack of success in all fields didn't discourage me.. :rotfl:
Missing shots, now that is alarming..

I will check it now, this time for shure.. Both versions..

About the spinning of the wo.. Some code I took off sboot mod(that's why I wrote thanks mikhayl).. That spinning with the wo is present there also.. I thought that is "usual" :rotfl:
But I will try to make an update..

p.s. This is how a tired man looks :rotfl:

Myxhale, NOGOMET!
Old 11-21-08, 10:07 AM   #41
asanovic7
Captain

Default hey

Ok, back to the camera topic..

pirireis, the file you downloaded is for olc gui special, the viewport is different for cameras than in gwx 2.1.. I am using the values from olc gui so if you are using olc gui and still see it is off chart, ask olc about it because rocking of the cameras don't have nothing to do with camera parametars(position of the view relevant to menu ini file, "crosshair on 0" which I correctly input from olc's version as you can check it in s3d yourself). Though I see 80 yellow mark times 29= around 2320, my special man tells me it's 2100(-reality) +- who can tell in the rough sea, a meter or two..

sailor steve, that odd motion might have been an earthquake, because I haven't seen it yet?? Don't know..

NEW UPDATE this weekend or next week..

Watch officer spin and versions for regular gwx, gwx with mild dc shake, olcgui12xlrt + mild shake, olcguiubermodlrt + mild shake, lrt + mild shake.. All in one pack, version 7.01..

That's because some guy asked, gozo, for milder dc shakes and I am curios too what will happen so what the heck.. Tractor movement bothers me
MOst of the files I will not test myself(olcgu12x certain!, don't have it, have lrt compability patch, on that I will work, don't know if that is the same to olc special), so you will have to test it yourself..

Cheers!
Old 11-21-08, 10:39 AM   #42
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

WoW. Maybe it even removes the annoying DC shaking in the LRT-SRM that you cant get rid of if running OLC uber+ spec GUI.

(The Small & madium shakes are incompatible with OLC. No offence Mikhayl )

/OB

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-08, 11:43 AM   #43
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

Quote:
pirireis, the file you downloaded is for olc gui special, the viewport is different for cameras than in gwx 2.1.. I am using the values from olc gui so if you are using olc gui and still see it is off chart,
You're right, sorry for that confusion. I'm not using OLCGui, just the OLCE2 environment for now, trying out the hsgui (another combimod) for a while. Thats why my aiming was off. Changed the viewports back to gwx values, now all is ok.

Upcoming update sounds nice

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS

Last edited by piri_reis; 11-21-08 at 11:43 AM.
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-08, 11:03 AM   #44
asanovic7
Captain

Default Now I am bemused

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZO
WoW. Maybe it even removes the annoying DC shaking in the LRT-SRM that you cant get rid of if running OLC uber+ spec GUI.

(The Small & madium shakes are incompatible with OLC. No offence Mikhayl )

/OB
Why are small and medium shakes incompatible with olc?
AAAA You mean the files from lrt..
OK! Yes they are incompatible(some other files are incompatible more or less), as mikhayl said he will "update all files when gwx 3.0 comes out. They will probably not change this file, so I am making this.. if mikhayl wants to use this file, I would be happy.. I sort of have some questions for mikhayl regardin srm..

Well, I made the files but there are some issues that I have to discuss, here:
First of all:
Odd movement sailor steve experienced:
I managed to produce it, but only when I run gwx without olce.. That means, when I run the non ubermod version of the camera without lrt. You can kick and beat me witha stick, I really don't know why that happens. I will check all numbers and stuff, maybe I missed something, maybe sailor steve used non ubermod version without lrt , like I did(didn't try with original gwx values although I made it) although that is for lrt and that is causing that "spin around the boat into the sea" feature.. Yes, I ended in the sea.. :rotfl:
Second:
Watch officer.. Without free move when you click on him, he turns to you and talks to you in gay manner.. Well, it looks like in free move you cannot click s..t and that's why you get "spin around and up" when you click on watch officer.. It's a gay thing..
Ading a new camera for watch officer is an option, but I don't want to get into it. When I tried to add sound for snorkel I got burned with failure so adding new stuff I don't want..
BTW: If anyone is using rbseffects mod(it's fps faster than EDE and adds supermans, looks better :rotfl and wants sounds when bullets hit the water add on for that mod I will post it there on that page.. I am also waiting gwx 3.0 to do some work on that mod, and to release that addon but if you like.. The sounds are from poul, he works in music studio, man knows his job, try his sound mod.. I have some ideas.. If anyone else has ideas please contact me..
Others stuff I don't know..

Cheers!

Last edited by asanovic7; 11-24-08 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-24-08, 03:49 PM   #45
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

You're right, I don't use OLCE because my computer barely runs with it enabled, and I like LRT but don't like what it does to GWX, so I don't use it either.

On the other hand I re-downloaded and re-tried the mod yesterday, and now I don't get the funny movement, so I'm not complaining. Go figure.