SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-07, 08:17 AM   #61
Florida Sailor
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

I am a "older" guy and until I get the eyes worked on next month I will have my screen settings at 600 x 800. RSM seems to want them higher and so I have to change the settings in order to use it. Is there a way for me to alter RSM so that I can "see" all of it in 600 x 800 resolution?
Florida Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 09:08 AM   #62
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10
Default I don't think there is anything you can do, but

I can take a look and see if I can change something on this end to allow for lower resolution settings. I probably should have taken this into consideration to begin with, but I didn't think anyone would be running lower than 1024x768 .

I'll get back to ya, Florida Sailor, as soon as possible on a fix for the problem.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-07, 09:22 AM   #63
Florida Sailor
Eternal Patrol

It is only a short term problem, so if it's a big deal don't worry about it. The cataract fix is set for the first week in November. After that they tell me I will have 20/20 vision again. Cool huh?
Old 10-11-07, 10:48 AM   #64
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Default Not a problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Sailor
It is only a short term problem, so if it's a big deal don't worry about it. The cataract fix is set for the first week in November. After that they tell me I will have 20/20 vision again. Cool huh?
That's great! It's amazing what they can do nowadays. Making the program have a smaller "footprint" must not have been much of a problem, because I just uploaded a new version that is 780x600 :rotfl: . It's at http://files.filefront.com/RSM11rar/.../fileinfo.html

No real functional changes except the smaller "shoe size". I'm glad you brought it up because it should have entered my mind when developing it. As someone who deals with accesibility problems daily, I should think about these things when developing applications.

Holler back if you have any more problems with it. Happy hunting!

Old 10-11-07, 11:08 AM   #65
Florida Sailor
Eternal Patrol

Default Works Great!

Thank you sir.
I downloaded and installed it.
Much easier to read.
Old 10-11-07, 11:41 AM   #66
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Default Glad it helped

and please don't call me sir, I am (or was) an enlisted man:rotfl:

Old 10-11-07, 04:43 PM   #67
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Ah, but now you hold the highest rank a gentleman can have - citizen.

You are a gentleman, aren't you?
Old 10-11-07, 04:52 PM   #68
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Ah, but now you hold the highest rank a gentleman can have - citizen.

You are a gentleman, aren't you?
Some folks think so, but most aren't too sure :rotfl:

Old 12-11-07, 11:05 AM   #69
Gato
Swabbie

Downloads: 45
Default Media file does not exist,please correct... message

Aloha,this seems like a great mod,but when I try to use it with CBS News I get the media file does not exist message.I select the station,press the apply changes button and get the above message.All the media files are displayed in correct order in the events window,so they ARE in there! I'm pretty confused(not an uncommon situation!) Ideas? Thanks
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 11:28 AM   #70
swdw
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 75

Start a career and save while in the office view- don't go out to sea yet. Then run RSM.

DT, please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems RSM needs to know what dates you're playing to get everything set up correctly. Since there are different career start dates, you have to have a career ready to go first for it to look at.

"you wouldn't catch me on a ship that deliberately sinks itself"- comment to me from a surface sailor.

System:
AMD 6300 3.5 GHz | 32GB DDR3 | SATA 300 320GB HD, SATA III 1TB HD, SATA III 1.TB HD | ASUS Sonar DS sound card
NVIDIA 1660 Super OC | Windows 10
swdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 02:24 PM   #71
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato
Aloha,this seems like a great mod,but when I try to use it with CBS News I get the media file does not exist message.I select the station,press the apply changes button and get the above message.All the media files are displayed in correct order in the events window,so they ARE in there! I'm pretty confused(not an uncommon situation!) Ideas? Thanks

Slight misconception here. What shows in the window is the name of the media file that SHOULD be played at the event time. When a media file does not exist in the EXACT name that is listed in the window, the program will highlight it and redisplay the section of the events file that is in error (sometimes you have to scroll up one lor two lines to find the offending line, but you will see that it is selected for you. Then press the "Browse" button and you will be offered a list of the media files for the radio station. For the offending entry, you won't find the EXACT name of the media file anywhere in that list, but you may find the one that was originally intended to be played. If so, then select it like you would normally select a file and the program will change the data in the radio station events file to match the media file name and your error will be corrected.

When most of the radio station mods were created, there was no way to automatically check to make sure that the name of the file was correct. If a media file does not exist at the time and date that the event is supposed to occur, a CTD will occur (whether you are listening to that station or not). That is why my program checks to make sure that the exact file exists to be played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swdw
Start a career and save while in the office view- don't go out to sea yet. Then run RSM.

DT, please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems RSM needs to know what dates you're playing to get everything set up correctly. Since there are different career start dates, you have to have a career ready to go first for it to look at.
There was (and possibly still is) a problem with the date of a saved game not being correctly recorded. When the radio station would start it's events, it would go back to the date that you last left port and replay all the events between the "port" date and the current in-game date. What I did with the prepare stations button was to accomplish a workaround for that problem. Every time you see a text message in-game (i.e. all stop, torpedo in the water, etc.) the time and date is recorded in one of the save game files. My program reads through that file to the end, determines the correct date/time for a saved game (as of the last message entry) and comments out all events prior to that date/time. In that way, the events don't get replayed. To be honest with you, I don't know of the incorrect save game date/time bug still exists or not. I believe it was supposed to be fixed in the 1.4 patch. If so, then this option isn't necessary any more. If the problem still exists, you only need to run the "prepare" function when you are getting ready to load a saved game that was in mid patrol, or if you are starting a new career.

Old 12-12-07, 09:58 PM   #72
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 142

DT, I just want to say I enjoy useing your mod. It's great not to have to listen to the same news, over and over and over and over, well you get the picture. Great job
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 10:05 AM   #73
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

DT, trying to figure this out. So I start a career and save? Then go out of game and fire up the manager via the exe?

So far I can bring up the program and see the files, etc. Do I press prepare for game?
Old 12-16-07, 10:49 AM   #74
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

I think I have it DT. Very clever program. Nice work
Old 12-16-07, 04:46 PM   #75
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

AVG, just to clarify, the only time you need to use the prepare button is if you are loading a game that was saved in mid patrol or when you start a new career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
DT, I just want to say I enjoy useing your mod. It's great not to have to listen to the same news, over and over and over and over, well you get the picture. Great job
I'm glad you're enjoying it Fish40. I thought I had read somwhere in the change log for the 1.4 patch that this problem was solved in the patch, but evidently I read it wrong or it wasn't fixed. I, too, was pretty tired of listening to the same reports over and over.