SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-12-20, 09:02 AM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default Ship pack

I have put together a ship pack for TMO(much like I did for TMO RSRD few years back) it sort of puts all the ships in one.A lot of the ships from RSRD for TMO only. Did this out of necessity since I can
t get RSRD to run(not sure why, always did before) and always missed the challenge of TMO but TMO has not been updated in a while, specifically with ships, planes etc. Some ships, planes are from FOTRS. I especially want to see if the AI torpedo launching subs will work in TMO(they should? Just need to make sure have all the files?) Anyways, wanted to make sure it is okay with the FOTRS team before I release anything once have it all put together.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 09:16 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Just be sure and notate which ships came from FotRSU. You might also try to trace their lineage, since some of them in FotRSU are recent additions, and we only got permission from the authors for inclusion with FotRSU. There is a list of those vessels in the ReadMe stuff in the first posts of the FotRSU thread, as well as in several places of the Support folder in FotRSU. There are other ReadMe in folders below the Support folder that mention who built what, including the old FOTRS ReadMe files...

As for the AI Torpedoes, there is quite a lot of Library folder work and eqp file work you would have to do, and the "lineage" of that particular 'weapon' goes way back, and was edited by s7rikeback and CapnScurvy, also noted in the FotRSU thread as well as the ReadMe stuff in the mod. The sim file also controls them, since that controls the "Range" of functionality... I have no clue about those things, and if you give up on them, just delete their entries in the equipment file, and renumber as necessary. The nodes for them on the ship would do no harm being there.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-20, 12:13 PM   #3
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Just be sure and notate which ships came from FotRSU. You might also try to trace their lineage, since some of them in FotRSU are recent additions, and we only got permission from the authors for inclusion with FotRSU. There is a list of those vessels in the ReadMe stuff in the first posts of the FotRSU thread, as well as in several places of the Support folder in FotRSU. There are other ReadMe in folders below the Support folder that mention who built what, including the old FOTRS ReadMe files...

As for the AI Torpedoes, there is quite a lot of Library folder work and eqp file work you would have to do, and the "lineage" of that particular 'weapon' goes way back, and was edited by s7rikeback and CapnScurvy, also noted in the FotRSU thread as well as the ReadMe stuff in the mod. The sim file also controls them, since that controls the "Range" of functionality... I have no clue about those things, and if you give up on them, just delete their entries in the equipment file, and renumber as necessary. The nodes for them on the ship would do no harm being there.

Thanks and of f course will give credit. Ah yea, the torps are definitely a lot of work . I once had them working fairly decent on pt boats and destroyers, made the battle of surigao strait in RSRD very interesting. Sadly I lost that work when pc burned out few years back so having to refresh my memory on how things work. I am mainly wanting the AI subs that fire torpedoes. That is such a game changer, to have to worry about torpedoes from enemy subs, plus having friendly AI subs can attack enemy with torpedoes, one of those I always cursed the devs for not putting in the original sim. lol
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote