Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-20, 10:06 AM   #2461
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post

I've often said I wouldn't really want to go to heaven...

...I hate being alone...

...besides, ...I hear its a dry heat...

<O>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenwurst View Post
"I've often said I wouldn't really want to go to heaven...
...I hate being alone...

...besides, ...I hear its a dry heat..." Quote from vienna ( music legend )

Good drinking weather

I don't know if it is the forum or Steve's regulations that keep me from witnessing and testifying about my faith in God, but I do know that from reading the Holy Bible
alone there will be a judgement day and every idle word that you have said will be read back to you.

That's about all that I am allowed to state ... be careful gentlemen "if God be for you who can be against you"
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 10:31 AM   #2462
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I don't know if it is the forum or Steve's regulations that keep me from witnessing and testifying about my faith in God, but I do know that from reading the Holy Bible
alone there will be a judgement day and every idle word that you have said will be read back to you.

That's about all that I am allowed to state ... be careful gentlemen "if God be for you who can be against you"

Sir, no one will stop you from making a statement about your faith. By all means, say what's on your mind. All I ask is that you (or anyone) don't go overboard to the point of topic spamming. And if it goes too far off-topic, start a new relevant thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Not just a mobile phone, an iphone ...or with a dozen tattoos, or driving a car ten years newer than yours

Of course now I'm not sure they weren't the smart ones as this delayed gratification won't be very gratifying if I die beforehand.
Yeah, exactly. I mean, we all want our goodies in life; but we all should be responsible to take care of the necessities first. Not spend every last dollar on non-essentials and then cry to the government to take care of us.

When I was a kid my father commented one time, "Boy, that dollar is burning a hole in your pocket, isn't it?" I really didn't learn to be responsible until I was 30 but I did come to realize how powerful it is to be financially responsible.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 10:53 AM   #2463
August
Wayfaring Stranger

This is just lovely.

Quote:
After telling the world that it would donate masks, face guards and testing equipment to Italy, China quietly backtracked and sold the Mediterranean country desperately-needed medical equipment, according to a report.What's worse is that the personal protective equipment (PPE) China forced Italy to buy was actually the same PPE Italy donated to China before coronavirus rushed its own shores and killed nearly 16,000 people.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-...plies-buy-back
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 12:04 PM   #2464
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Hopefully China will face a reckoning from the west when this whole sorry business is ended.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 12:06 PM   #2465
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-06-20, 12:54 PM   #2466
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Probably true of other countries too

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...al-number.html

Quote:
As the number of people who died of the coronavirus in the United States gets close to the 10,000 mark, experts warn that the real number is certainly higher. The official death toll fails to count a lot of people who died and were never tested, meaning the true devastation caused by the virus may never be known.
or achievement

Old 04-06-20, 02:16 PM   #2467
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

More than 10,000 people have died from coronavirus in the US, according to Johns Hopkins University.

France reports 833 deaths in 24 hours, its highest since the outbreak began.

UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab says PM Boris Johnson is "still in charge" despite being hospitalised with "persistent symptoms"

Medical experts believe the restrictions in the UK are working, but it is too early to tell when they might end.

New infections have fallen in Spain and Italy in recent days - suggesting lockdowns are working.

The Open Championship - one of golf's four majors - has been cancelled.

Nearly 1.3 million cases have now been confirmed worldwide with deaths over 70,000

Netanyahu announces Passover lockdown.

Old 04-06-20, 02:19 PM   #2468
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

BREAKING

Boris Johnson condition has worsened and he has been taken to intensive care.

Old 04-06-20, 02:34 PM   #2469
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
BREAKING

Oh no! I pray everyone will forgive him before it's too late ...

Boris will always be remembered for leading the UK out of the EU mess it was in

I heard that his girlfriend/finance' was PG too and having symptoms, but she denied it
or achievement

Old 04-06-20, 02:42 PM   #2470
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Who takes over if Boris goes kaput? You guys have a Vice Prime Minister?

Just the flu, bro
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 02:52 PM   #2471
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
[...]Boris will always be remembered for leading the UK out of the EU mess it was in [...]
A bit too early to be "remembered" maybe?
And leading?! .. he took England into the brexit mess. Not that he even wanted it. Please, everyone clearly sees a black board and some tell you it is white. I will never understand humanity.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 02:55 PM   #2472
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

intensive care! Is a bad place to be now days every breath could be his last
or achievement

Old 04-06-20, 04:13 PM   #2473
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
BREAKING

I pray for his health and that he may recover from this infection.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 04:23 PM   #2474
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

There is growign disopute over whether intubation is the method of choice or not. Intubation always means to drug the aotient and pout him into sedatio n and a relaxed state of physiology. But a realxed state is what yiuz want the last whe your body is waging war against an invading army of an enemy named virus. Like you also do not want to supress fever as long as it does not climb to threatening levels .

The last piece on this dispute I have read two days ago and I got the impression that maybe nobody really knows whether intubation does more good or more bad to the Corvid-19 patient. There is indicaiton nthat it might be better to increase their oxygene inhalation by less invasive means (plastic tube with O2 under the nostrils, however this means more free radicals in the lung, increasing risks for the tissue from that again. But many patients seem to recover from w bnad state if their fever is allowed and they get O2 support, but no intubation.

Many medical station chiefs in hospitals are anesthetists, I read, and due to that are easy with going for deepening relaxation and sedation of the patient: its their daily bread and butter, and if you got trained mainly in using a hammer, you are tempted to define any problem as a nail. But it might be fatal.
Old 04-06-20, 04:43 PM   #2475
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

from Focus Magazine. I mentioned the HongKong Study already one or two days ago.
https://www.focus.de/gesundheit/news..._11856513.html

Quote:
According to virologist Christian Drosten, two studies from Asia provide new arguments for the use of masks - and an important secondary observation.

Austria has submitted nationwide. With Jena, a German city has also taken measures. It is mandatory to wear a face mask in shops, buses and trains. There have been discussions for days whether such a regulation should be introduced across Germany and what effect this protection really has.

Two new studies from Asia have dealt with this topic. And in both there are arguments in favor of breathing masks, as virologist Christian Drosten explains in the NDR podcast "The Coronavirus Update".
New study from Hong Kong

The first study Drosten refers to is from Hong Kong researchers. There it was checked what an infected person actually releases.

For the study, subjects infected with simple cold coronaviruses were divided into two groups. Eleven patients received simple mouth and nose protection for the test. Ten other patients performed the test without such protection.

Suction devices were then set up around the test subjects' heads, which collected for 30 minutes everything that the people gave when breathing or coughing. All of this has been preserved and tested in the laboratory.

The collected material was divided into two categories: On the one hand, aerosols with a size of less than five micrometers, which remain in the air until they dry out and can still be infectious there.

On the other hand, droplets with a size of more than five micrometers, which are also mentioned in the case of a droplet infection, for example due to sneezing, coughing or wet pronunciation.

In the evaluation, virus was not detected in the collected material in any of the eleven patients who wore a mask, "neither over five micrometers nor under five micrometers droplet size," says Drosten.

In the remaining, "unprotected" ten patients, virus droplets were found in both size dimensions, in one case in three and in the other in four patients.
New study from Singapore

According to Drosten, the new study from Singapore relates more to the spread of the virus in the air. Here three patients infected with the coronavirus were observed over several days and the room air of the patients was analyzed.

One of the patients was already symptomatic on the ninth day. Although the virus was detectable in its respiratory tract, it could not be detected in the ambient air over the entire test days.

The other two subjects, who were at an earlier stage of infection, not only detected more virus in the airways. Here droplets with a size of less than and more than five micrometers were detected - according to Drosten "a remarkable find."

The two studies from Asia show that wearing a mask in a possible early stage of the infection could well protect the virus from being released and passed on. However, Drosten makes it clear that a simple mask does not protect the wearer from airborne infection.

According to him, only highly technical masks that can filter a pore size of up to 500 nanometers would also filter virus aerosols in the room.

However, the wearing of these masks is often associated with a preliminary medical examination, for example for lung function. "You can't just recommend and share that with the general population."
Second study provides important secondary observation

However, Drosten can recommend an important secondary observation from the study carried out in Singapore. This is because regular wiping samples were taken from different surfaces in rooms of 30 infected patients to observe the air in the three patients.

"In these 30 patients, these swab samples were only positive in the first week of symptoms. In the second week, when the patients were still ill, the swab samples were no longer positive. So there was no virus on the surfaces “Explains Drosten the result of the test.

This is due to the fact that patients give less virus in the later course of the disease. "This is very important for the work in the hospital and for the idea: when is such a patient actually infectious?" Says the virologist, who also draws an insight for his own four walls: "I am almost certain that it is not worthwhile to pay a lot of attention to cleaning all possible surfaces with disinfectant in the household. "
Exceptions to this are e.g. Hospitals with many patients or situations in which a smear or contact infection is possible.
I found an offer directly form China (ebay) for surgical masks, 30 cents per piece, and I dared to try it. With patience and being on yo9ur watch, you sometimes can find such prices, which under these circumstances must be considered as acceptable. 30 Euro for 100 pieces is okay. 30 Euros for 5 pieces is not. FFP limits breathing too much as if you want to move a round for hours wearing one, they are better limited to be use din shops and supermarkets. When temperatures get warmer over here, I play to switchn between both.

And save me the pseudo-argument of that I have "stolen" these masks from a German hospital needing them. I haven't. If I can order them this way, why can't they?

And why has the German govenrment still not build a deciison to piush forweard the emergency-building of a factory building these masks? Severla German companies say they stand ready and just wait for the word, but the German government just does not get this part of its acts together. The construction should be under way since 4 weeks at least, me thinks. Or is the supply emergency in the end not this urgent at all...? Instead they babble already about "better managing" distributions and deliveries from foreign producers in Asia once this crisis "is over." Bin ich im falschen Film...???

Last edited by Skybird; 04-06-20 at 04:59 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan