Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 05-20-10, 11:24 PM   #46
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default MIssion Editor

Morty send me your private email and I can send you a mission making tutorial which Friedrich Wilhelm( he is a ZW club member who's also a fan of Steel Fury) sent me and led to make my own. FW's tutorial is quite good and comes with pics to make it easier. He and I are collaborating at making common user missions.Making missions is great fun actually.It's a lot of work( some of my missions I remade or modified up to 20 times and some I had to scrap after spending an hour making them...) but seeing your own creation and playing it is immensely rewading.A bit like fatherhood actually Right now what I am doing si making mini missions on every single map( there 18) of SF to explore the areas and enjoy the landscapes and see the whole area.The stock missions only use a fraction of the maps .I want to see all of them and even use some neglected or unused parts of each to make new missions.

Just PM me!
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 05:00 AM   #47
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Future Steel Panzer Mod (1.5)

Here´s what I gleaned on the sukhoi.ru-Avia forum from Komrade Sidorov, one of the modders responsible for making the future Steel Panzer mod for Steel Fury soon to be released( I would say by mid June but don´t quote me on this.I used the automatic translator so the English is a tad stilted:

- I do not know how good it is.
- Fix the many inaccuracies in the model tiger - done at 90%. It was partly used model from Kharkov, 43 poligonazh increased by a quarter.
- T-34 with the new tower (body and texture are taken from the CK, in the process model is used from Kharkov 43) - holds up to 70%.
- Rectification model SU-152. Achieved by 50%.
- Rectification models of IP-2 and King Tiger. Only a couple of elements here and there, so in theory quickly.
- Add some details and screens on the model of the Quartet to modify it in H. Models and textures in stock.
- Original picture tracks for the new technology. Patterns available. Takes less than a day.
- 45 mm acc. 1942 (finished model is in Kharkov 43).
- Add texture yellow to Marder, the tiger and the Quartet. Change the color in Photoshop - a couple of hours.
- Insert technology from Da_Don'A (T-70 and Su-76), if he will pass it this time.
- Find and insert the new sounds for the technology. Estimated Resources - riding video samples.
- Ask ntalex'And draw the logo.
Old 06-06-10, 12:13 AM   #48
Dung_Beetle
Seaman

Downloads: 2

I can't find a copy of Steel Panzer anywhere. Can anyone send me a copy?
Dung_Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 02:51 AM   #49
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Steel Panzer?

DB are you talking about Steel Fury or Steel Panthers?Otherwise the only Steel Panzer I know is a series of mods designed for Steel Fury and called Steel Panzer 1.1,1.2,1.3 and 1.4?????. They´re available on the sukhoi.org.ru website for download.
Old 06-30-10, 06:22 AM   #50
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Steel panzer Mod 1.5

Hang on to your tanks fellow SF fans!.Stone 2009 has announced on the Sukhoi.ru Avia forum the upcoming release of Steel Panzer mod 1.5 which includes a solid dozen new armoured vehicles including the ISU152, the Ferdinand, the Marder III, the SU 76 and 85, the T70, the Panzer IV G or H, the Panther( a new version ausf. A I think), the Stug IV or STUH42, the T34 model 1943,as well as a new Tiger model( ausf H???) and the insertion of a newly reworked Tiger II in the mission editor.

My best bet and own guesstimate is a release before 15th July but don't put any money on the table.

Cheers
Old 06-30-10, 09:55 AM   #51
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234

Awesome! Thanks for the update, if possible could you provide a link here to the download. I am sometimes able to navigate the pertinent page but lately I have become a bit lazy.

I do like SF, it is awesome.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 06:29 AM   #52
ShoCkwaVe
Bosun

Downloads: 27
any news?

It really is too bad lighthouse interactive went bankrupt
this game is impressive of all the tank sims I have played
this seems most realistic..

looking forward to this Steel panzer Mod 1.5

& so I hope it doesn't end up a forgotten about project.

I wish moders from subsim would have a peek into this game
you would be as suprised as I was *nudges reaper7, privateer, & thedarkwraith*

heres a mod resource link to get you started

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php...425&topic=60.0

and ... go! lol

keep me informed guys

Last edited by ShoCkwaVe; 07-01-10 at 06:52 AM.
ShoCkwaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-10, 02:42 AM   #53
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Sf is alive!

Not to worry ShockWave, Steel Fury is not a forgotten product and the Steel Panzer mod 1.5 is definitely coming.They have bene modding the game ever sicne it came out on the Russian market in late 2007 and there have been mods every 2 months or regularly.Until the successor to SF comes, hopefully next year, the game will remian very much alive like Panzer Elite still is after 12 years on the market.

Wilcke the mod will be available on the sukhoi.org.ru(AVIA)forum and on the tanksim.org.ru website as well.I'll give links when it's time for release.
Old 07-03-10, 03:02 PM   #54
ShoCkwaVe
Bosun

PzVI_Tiger_Epack

PzVI Tiger Enhancement Pack - Subsim Exclusive

I made a small enhancement pack for the tigermod v1.0
I will post it here exclusively so feel free to use/share.

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xtzj4e

Features:

added new mg42 sounds for both soldiers & tank.
added new diesel engine & track sounds for the tiger.
added a new fallbush camo skin.

Included Friedrich-Wilhelm's Steel Fury Missions.
so you now have 3 added missions to drive your tigers around & play in.
You can find them ingame under the user made missions.

IMPORTANT:

This is how your Installed modlist should look & the mod will work
without problems.

I am reading from the top of the list down so the pzVI Tiger Enhancement pack
should be enabled *last*.

JSGME Enabled List

1-Playable Panzer II, III & StuG v0.2
2-Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.4_eng
3-Steel_Sound_Mod_v1.1(fix)_eng
4-Tiger_Mod_v1.0
5-Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng
-->(6)-PzVI_Tiger_Epack

credits:

License:

report bugs @ subsim.com/tanksim.com
~Enjoy.
Old 07-04-10, 12:55 AM   #55
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SF User/made

Great Stuff SchocWave! Thanks a lot!

BTW I have made about 70 or so user-made missions most with the Tiger I but some with the Panzer IVF2, the T34-85 and the KV1.If you´re interested just send me a PM with your email and I´ll send them to you!

Warning my missions(day, night, evening, morning etc) are big shootouts with up to 120 tanks fighting it out as well as AT and artillery and infantry in some missions.You need a strong pc to play them wihtout stuttering or low FPS( minimum processor 2.4 ghtz and graphic card 512 mbs and ram at least 4 gbs).As well you need the Hetzer and StugIIIf mods installed.I also have SU85 in the mission editor and in some of my latest missions.

BTW I edited and remade Friedrich Wilhelm original missions....They are included in my list

Cheers
Old 07-04-10, 07:18 AM   #56
ShoCkwaVe
Bosun

Default sure thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Great Stuff SchocWave! Thanks a lot!

BTW I have made about 70 or so user-made missions most with the Tiger I but some with the Panzer IVF2, the T34-85 and the KV1.If you´re interested just send me a PM with your email and I´ll send them to you!
That would be Great frinik!

I have yet to read more in depth into the editors functions
& only yesterday just started reading the manual.

so until I learn the fundamentals of the editor I am stuck playing
in the bleak stock missions..

could you possibly pack it all up *jsgme ready* into a .zip, .rar, or .7z
and then upload it to sendspace?

http://www.sendspace.com/

You don't need a membership or login to upload files there (hassle free)
up to 300MB file hosting

Then just post your missions pack here along with the forum link that sendspace will provide you with
..copy & paste it here like i did
Old 07-04-10, 11:34 PM   #57
frinik
Grey Wolf

Shockwave,

As I said before congrat for the PanzerVI pack mod the rattling sound of the MG34/or 42 sounds like the real thing!Did you get your sound from the real firing of an MG42 or G3 as they are called post war( it's basically the same MG42 with slight modifications which is used by the Bundeswehr and many other armies in the World.The immersion has increased and the camo were much needed.

I 'll try to upload my missions in the link you have provided.I normally prefer to do it by email ( I have done it with 7 persons so far) but hey why not try something new!Mostly because my missions have no text( mission objectives etc.I prefer simply to email a brief description of the missions objectives and there's no" Mission Successful" message or gimmick.I don't believe in those artificial parameters as for me a successful mission is one with either all the enemy dead or destroyed and you control the territory or else you're dead and it doesn't matter anymore.

Once have more time I will insert text into my missions to give clear idea of what to do although as I said they're instant action scenarios.I am quite proud of many of them as they give you the chance to experience war in a very realistic ambience level and give you chance to show your skills as a sharpshooter and tactician.Most of my missions force you to choose whether to help your comrades or go on your own destroy a primary objective first.The choice is your and the otucome is never the same.

BTW GOOD NEWS! The Steel Panzer mod has been released but in Russian only.The English version should come in a couple of weeks or so.It's available on the Sukhoi.ru( Avia ) forum.

Cheers
Old 07-06-10, 07:00 AM   #58
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default SP 1.5

sorry Folks!It turns out that the Steel Panzer mod 1.5 release announced on Sukhoi.ru forum was in fact not the real release but rather some guys own compilation of all previous SF m Steel Panzer mods which he released yesterday as SP mod 1.5 without consulting anybody.

According to Stone 2009 who came out on the SF Graviteam forum to announce the error.The real Steel Panzer 1.5 mod in his own words:

Hallo everybody!
The official release of SPM 1.5 will take a place at the end of July.
Modification on a site Sukhoi is not SPM 1.5
I beg pardon for my English.
With kind regards.

It's just a matter of a coupel of weeks or so.

Cheers

Old 07-09-10, 12:06 AM   #59
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Unofficial Steel Panzer Mod 1.5

SF fans.Going back to the " unofficial" Steel Panzer mods 1.5 I download( courtesy of my firend Bobosse) and installed it on one of my game and I still found it useful and interesting as a stop-gap mod.
1) it incorporates many new units in the mission Editor including; TigerII , the brummbear( unfortunately not playable), the SU122, su 85( which I had added manually) , the SU 152, new versions of the Panzer IVF2 and Tiger H, the Stug III G Saukopf and one with Zimmerit( mine protecting coat paste), the JS2 1944 version, the T34/85 1944 version and the T34/76 with the new turret.All in all interesting additions.Unfortunately the Panther, Elefant, the Marder III and Panzer IV H will have to waiat the official release. As well there are now 3 new missions one each with the SU85, Su122, and SU 152 as well as the 3 trophy(beute) missions the Panzer IIC, the Panzer IVF2 and the Tiger all playing for the reds.

What's good about this "unofficial" Steel Panzer mod 1.5 is that you only need to install the SF patch and thta 1.5 and you have all the other previous mods installed in one shot( steel sound, trophy, TIger 1.0, compass etc).It's a real time saver.Just extract it into your main game folder and make a copy of the file application into your mods folder and bingo you have SP 1.5 in your JSGME mods enabler.

Cheers
Old 07-21-10, 07:12 PM   #60
Fercyful
Medic

Downloads: 97
hey frinik (hola amigo! ) with your message I decide to enter the "translation hell" and find that 1.5 unofficial file that you review. well... I finally found it (and download it) was quite complicated

Steel Panzer 1.5 Unofficial

I upload it here (for all the other Steel Fury fans that want to test it...)

I have to split it in two parts because the 200 mb limitation of mediafire

search for "Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_UNOFFICIAL.part1.rar" and "Steel_Panzer_Mod_v1.5_UNOFFICIAL.part2.rar"

just download, unrar and you have the unofficial mod for play with it...

frinik (or other fan) comrade please can you upload your mission package you talk about some time ago.

Quote:

I like the email idea but remember that we try it with the other missions and we can´t do it well... so maybe if you -or other comrade- can upload the package to media fire can be great for all to can download it

cya all !