SUBSIM Radio Room Forums



SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
cuda418
Nub
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 4
Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default How to fire torpedoes with FOTRS mod

I installed the mod and everything seems to work but I tried a EZ torpedo tutorial and torpedoes just dont fire anymore. The button makes a clicking sound but nothing happens.

Was a step added? I even tried realism ZERO and it still wont fire a torpedo.

Any suggestions?
cuda418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:16 PM   #2
Mad Mardigan
Ace of the Deep
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 1,106
Downloads: 320
Uploads: 0


radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda418 View Post
I installed the mod and everything seems to work but I tried a EZ torpedo tutorial and torpedoes just dont fire anymore. The button makes a clicking sound but nothing happens.

Was a step added? I even tried realism ZERO and it still wont fire a torpedo.

Any suggestions?
Torps... will NOT fire... UNLESS, you open the torp tube doors.. (Q) button.

Just as in real life....

M. M.

__________________
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
cuda418
Nub
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 4
Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default

Yeah, my bad, too much UBOAT.

Only issue I have now is the camera options seem to be limited with this mod, I cant cycle through units, other than that I think I got it working!
cuda418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 03:56 PM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Ace of the Deep
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 1,106
Downloads: 320
Uploads: 0


radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda418 View Post
Yeah, my bad, too much UBOAT.

Only issue I have now is the camera options seem to be limited with this mod, I cant cycle through units, other than that I think I got it working!
In the office... before you go on patrol... click on the radio, (located to the left of the desk) that is the options selector for careers... setting options from the main menu, will NOT do it for you.

If you want the option to be able to free view other units, besides your own sub... you have to select it in the office options settings (aka Radio) there.

Hope this helps...

M. M.

__________________
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:07 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Admiral
 
KaleunMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 2,189
Downloads: 341
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
In the office... before you go on patrol... click on the radio, (located to the left of the desk) that is the options selector for careers... setting options from the main menu, will NOT do it for you.

If you want the option to be able to free view other units, besides your own sub... you have to select it in the office options settings (aka Radio) there.

Hope this helps...

M. M.

It appears as if you are conducting 101-Level Silent Hunter 4 Class, here.
__________________
there are only two things in the world: submarines and targets.
Fortiter et stabilis et fidelis, semper


------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:26 PM   #6
Mad Mardigan
Ace of the Deep
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 1,106
Downloads: 320
Uploads: 0


SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
It appears as if you are conducting 101-Level Silent Hunter 4 Class, here.
Yeah... but, if it is about a topic in regards to it.. that I'm not familiar with or not entirely sure on answering... I shall step away from the podium & allow another who's knowledgeable step up to it... *nod*

I'd rather they be taught right than wrong... you know.

M. M.

__________________
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:18 PM   #7
KaleunMarco
Admiral
 
KaleunMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 2,189
Downloads: 341
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Yeah... but, if it is about a topic in regards to it.. that I'm not familiar with or not entirely sure on answering... I shall step away from the podium & allow another who's knowledgeable step up to it... *nod*

I'd rather they be taught right than wrong... you know.

M. M.

my comment was just a bit of humor. {i have to stop reading tolkien. my humor is becoming too brit-like}
__________________
there are only two things in the world: submarines and targets.
Fortiter et stabilis et fidelis, semper


------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:32 PM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Ace of the Deep
 
Mad Mardigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Grand Rapids, Mi.
Posts: 1,106
Downloads: 320
Uploads: 0


SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
my comment was just a bit of humor. {i have to stop reading tolkien. my humor is becoming too brit-like}
My prob is.. I have too much of a serious side to Me & take things literally... I do try & have a humorous side to Me, but.. oft times, it crops up at the wrong time. :/

M. M.

__________________
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:04 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 22,070
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default Welcome aboard!

cuda418!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:04 PM   #10
Fairwater
Nub
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 4
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Torps... will NOT fire... UNLESS, you open the torp tube doors.. (Q) button.

Just as in real life....

M. M.

This has happened to me. Even without mods, sometimes forget to open the torp doors.
Fairwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:15 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666
 
Aktungbby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: where I'm at presently
Posts: 22,070
Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0


Default welcome aboard!

Fairwater!
__________________
"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human stupidity; And I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:46 PM   #12
Fairwater
Nub
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 4
Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Fairwater!
Thanks
Fairwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2021 Subsim®
"Subsim" is a registered trademark, all rights reserved.