SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-28-20, 01:13 PM   #31
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by partycat View Post
Oh, I see. Thank you so much for the explanation and letting me know what is the exact thing making hostile torpedoes behave like this.

If I may ask though, is it possible to remove that or make it for both sides instead of only AI? I checked the dll with dnspy a bit but I'm totally new to dll moddings. Tried to remove the code that changes depth sets from 50 feet to 10 feet but it gave me warning when I saved the module and well, game crashed at startup (and I was thinking Skyrim modding was difficult )

I tried your advise, it kinda works but when I do that, I instantly give away my position. They all go active instantly and return fires to my torpedo's bearing. If nothing works, I guess I can just remove the wire guidance from their torpedoes, but I want to leave it as a last result since it would also make things too much easier.

I still can't understand though the logic of this type of behaviour. Because eventhough the decoy has been identified, it's too loudy noise still blinds the torpedo. and the feature should be in my sub and torpedoes too if it's in the hostiles. or even as optional, like Sonar WAA.

By the by, what did you mean by having a 10+ steady contact? I didn't understand that part.
You're welcome)

1.It is already working on both sides since you can manually steer your torpedo into enemy sub, ignoring decoys and noisemakers. It is only fair that AI can do the same. Of course you must constantly override your torpedo desire to dance around noisemaker)

2.Tactics I've posted above is for the case when you're already detected, so there is no point in hiding anyway. If you're not detected you can just send MOSS somewhere away from you and enemy will probably steer their torpedoes after it.
If you're detected and attacked you do not want wire-guided torpedoes near you. It is not very hard to evade wireless torpedos by shooting a pair of MOSS (so torpedoes will travel from one to another), but you can't fool wired that way - that's why you want enemy to accelerate and break wires.

3. Again: Your torpedo may try to chase decoy, but you can override it. AI does the same.

4. In the "signature" tab under "SNS COMP" you can see how enemy "hear" you by active(when enemy is using active), passive and towed sensor. Once any of that numbers reaches 10 - enemy knows everything about you (like when you have 95% solution on target).
Be aware though... this readings are dependant on target solution, since they are something like "If enemy is where we think it is, than it will hear us that good"

What help do you need with .dll? I'm not a coder, but I can do something... I've made "Precise Depth Channge" into Epic Mod recently (Guys here, thanks for idea!) and might help with your attempts. But here it is a bit complicated. Find me in Discord if you need help with .dll modding: Dot#7424
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 09:28 PM   #32
partycat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
You're welcome)

1.It is already working on both sides since you can manually steer your torpedo into enemy sub, ignoring decoys and noisemakers. It is only fair that AI can do the same. Of course you must constantly override your torpedo desire to dance around noisemaker)

2.Tactics I've posted above is for the case when you're already detected, so there is no point in hiding anyway. If you're not detected you can just send MOSS somewhere away from you and enemy will probably steer their torpedoes after it.
If you're detected and attacked you do not want wire-guided torpedoes near you. It is not very hard to evade wireless torpedos by shooting a pair of MOSS (so torpedoes will travel from one to another), but you can't fool wired that way - that's why you want enemy to accelerate and break wires.

3. Again: Your torpedo may try to chase decoy, but you can override it. AI does the same.

4. In the "signature" tab under "SNS COMP" you can see how enemy "hear" you by active(when enemy is using active), passive and towed sensor. Once any of that numbers reaches 10 - enemy knows everything about you (like when you have 95% solution on target).
Be aware though... this readings are dependant on target solution, since they are something like "If enemy is where we think it is, than it will hear us that good"

What help do you need with .dll? I'm not a coder, but I can do something... I've made "Precise Depth Channge" into Epic Mod recently (Guys here, thanks for idea!) and might help with your attempts. But here it is a bit complicated. Find me in Discord if you need help with .dll modding: Dot#7424
I agree with all except 1. (kinda). What makes me think it's not exactly both sides is,
When I manually steer my active homing torpedo while it's already homing, it stops beeping eventhough it's still locked at the target (sensor lines on minimap are still red). However while hostile torpedo coming at me at active homing, it keeps beeping while manuevering towards me.

Also same thing goes when hostile sub deploys noisemaker for example, my torpedo stops beeping and manuevering around the noisemaker. I can still of course steer it towards hostile sub but it doesn't beep until it's clear from the noisemaker. When I deploy the noisemaker however, hostile torpedo still keep beeping.

I also removed the mod and gave the hostile vessel impossible to breakable wire. When I deploy my noisemaker, it made the hostile torpedo to stop homing at me and go around the noisemaker, when I launched MOSS, it made the torpedo to acquire the MOSS instead.

So I'm very sure this mode changing the behaviour and ability of hostile torpedo while it's connected with wire. It's not like hostile sub manually steering it, it definetly autonomously homing at me.

Though as a workaround of this (temporary solution), I installed a Railgun to my sub that internally mounted to sub's spine :P It has the SS-N-7 torpedo that swims at 2600 knots with 13 degrees sensor angle and turn/pitch rate. When a hostile sub becomes too nasty, I'm just pointing my sub's nose towards it and send her a hyper velocity dense shell. Leaves nothing but a rubble in a few seconds from the nasty sub
https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Amun-Ra-class

As for the dll, this mod changes the depth setting buttons from 50 feet to 10 feet and increase tube jamming on torpedo launch speed. It's of course good for setting a precise depth however it's being very hard when I want to change like 1000 feet depth. So I wanted to remove that option with dnspy and saved the module but game crashed at startup. As for tube jamming, I like to go really fast with my submarine (I know it ain't realistic but just for fun) and still being able to launch torpedoes with worrying about jamming my tubes

Last edited by partycat; 04-29-20 at 12:00 PM.
partycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 03:00 PM   #33
M134
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by partycat View Post
I agree with all except 1. (kinda). What makes me think it's not exactly both sides is,
When I manually steer my active homing torpedo while it's already homing, it stops beeping eventhough it's still locked at the target (sensor lines on minimap are still red). However while hostile torpedo coming at me at active homing, it keeps beeping while manuevering towards me.

Also same thing goes when hostile sub deploys noisemaker for example, my torpedo stops beeping and manuevering around the noisemaker. I can still of course steer it towards hostile sub but it doesn't beep until it's clear from the noisemaker. When I deploy the noisemaker however, hostile torpedo still keep beeping.

I also removed the mod and gave the hostile vessel impossible to breakable wire. When I deploy my noisemaker, it made the hostile torpedo to stop homing at me and go around the noisemaker, when I launched MOSS, it made the torpedo to acquire the MOSS instead.

So I'm very sure this mode changing the behaviour and ability of hostile torpedo while it's connected with wire. It's not like hostile sub manually steering it, it definetly autonomously homing at me.

Though as a workaround of this (temporary solution), I installed a Railgun to my sub that internally mounted to sub's spine :P It has the SS-N-7 torpedo that swims at 2600 knots with 13 degrees sensor angle and turn/pitch rate. When a hostile sub becomes too nasty, I'm just pointing my sub's nose towards it and send her a hyper velocity dense shell. Leaves nothing but a rubble in a few seconds from the nasty sub
https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Amun-Ra-class

As for the dll, this mod changes the depth setting buttons from 50 feet to 10 feet and increase tube jamming on torpedo launch speed. It's of course good for setting a precise depth however it's being very hard when I want to change like 1000 feet depth. So I wanted to remove that option with dnspy and saved the module but game crashed at startup. As for tube jamming, I like to go really fast with my submarine (I know it ain't realistic but just for fun) and still being able to launch torpedoes with worrying about jamming my tubes
Right... Skwabie's mod changes torpedo behavior, and to be honest I do not know how much since I've not played it much. So, If changes are quite radical, than my advices might be useless. Haven't thought about such variant, my apologies.
If torpedo behaviour is unapropriate to you, my only suggestion would be to use another mod, since changes in Torpedo class could be vast and complicated. You can add features you like to another mod, at least some of them - that would be easier.

As for depth:
1. If I get it right PgUp/PgDn keys should change depth in 50ft increments.
2. You can go to HelmManager/InitialiseHelmManager and change "this.depthInterval = 10f;" to "this.depthInterval = 50f;" or whatever increment (in feet) you like.
Old 05-01-20, 07:05 AM   #34
partycat
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M134 View Post
Right... Skwabie's mod changes torpedo behavior, and to be honest I do not know how much since I've not played it much. So, If changes are quite radical, than my advices might be useless. Haven't thought about such variant, my apologies.
If torpedo behaviour is unapropriate to you, my only suggestion would be to use another mod, since changes in Torpedo class could be vast and complicated. You can add features you like to another mod, at least some of them - that would be easier.

As for depth:
1. If I get it right PgUp/PgDn keys should change depth in 50ft increments.
2. You can go to HelmManager/InitialiseHelmManager and change "this.depthInterval = 10f;" to "this.depthInterval = 50f;" or whatever increment (in feet) you like.
Oh. Thank you so much. PgUp PgDown keys helped a lot :3
partycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 03:03 PM   #35
Skwabie
Mate

Downloads: 31

Update:

Imported mega features from Epic Mod:
-AirdefenseSub
-Deploy towed array (set to repairable if overspeed, preventing awesome_boat_greatly_diminished_because_that_time_ I_forgot_to_press_the_button incidents)
-Periscope snap to target bearing
-Nav/missile launch/torpedo launch/depthcharge/dipping sonar markers.
-Variable torpedo sensor range, with edits.

-Variable torpedo sensor range: Torpedo sensor range depends on homing modes, target closeness to sea surface/bottom, target noise (passive) / target sonar reflection (active). (Torpedo.CheckWithinSensorAngles) Config.txt entries: TorpSensorBaseNoise, TorpSensorBaseReflection, AnechoicCoef, PassiveHomingMultiplier, SensorSeaStateDivider, SurfaceCloseDepthFeet.

-Torpedo homing logic:
--Weapons.txt entry DriveThroughJam=TRUE makes a torpedo drive through noisemakers. Drive around if not set.
--Drive around logic unchanged from default game. Drive through works as follows. If noisemaker range is far, once the torp clears the noisemaker (e.g. noisemaker timed out, dropped off..) it would go straight ahead; if noisemaker range is medium, once clear the torp would circle search; if noisemaker range is close, it would drive around the noisemaker same as default drive around behavior. Medium range and close range decided by weapons.txt entry DriveThroughMediumRange and DriveThroughCloseRange.
--Biologic/oilrig/sinking target rejection routine changed to weapons.txt entry SmartTargeting=TRUE (no longer depends on sensor range). It will also remember the last valid target's direction, if circle searched more than 360 degrees it would resume inertial guidance toward that direction (only bearing between torpedo and target) with snake search.
--Bug fix from default game: torpedo instant switch between jammed/unjammed. A noisemaker is a big sphere, the sphere's edge could be blocking torpedo LOS while its center is outta torpedo sensor cone angles.

-Torpedo active run
--Activated torpedoes can be deactivated. Keystroke: Deactivate Torpedo.
--Torpedo active range can be defined in weapons.txt with ActiveRangeInYards. If undefined, active range would be inactive_range * run_speed / active_run_speed.
--Torpedo data display updates data depending on torpedo state.

-Torpedo tube selection
--Keystroke for selecting individual tubes: Select Tube 1 --> Select Tube 10.
--Keystroke for priority reload: Set Priority Reload Tube. Highlights a yellow box around the selected priority reload tube. Priority reload tube always reloads first. (i.e. the one with the moss)

-UI
--Lead indicator fix: Position calculated. Has 5 "modes":
0) If lead is impossible to attain or is too big, indicator is a grey dot fixed 16000yds in front of target.
1) Green dot if player is simply navigating, showing intercept point for player sub to target.
2) Blue dot if player presses fire button, showing intercept point for the selected torpedo.
3) Blue dot if torpedo on the way, showing intercept point for the current guiding torpedo.
4) Red dot if current torpedo is active.
--Torpedo waypoint line greyed out if out of wires. Mostly for the 68 campaign where subs have 4 tubes but 2 wires. If 3rd torp is still launched the "wirebreak" message no longer plays - no wire is attached to begin with.
--Camera direction keys can pan the tactical map when it is fullscreen.
--Fix default game bug that displays the event camera icon, but event camera is actually off after player switches views.
--Fix default game emergency deep function that resurrects masts when they're already in the process of going down but just not stowed. Emergency deep also retracts towed array.
--Night vision can be enabled without periscope. View point switching between above/below surface would turn it off, but guess it's better than nothing.
--PingLineFadeRate in HUD\default.txt no longer works on torpedo active pings, otherwise too much clutter.
--Ballast/rudder/plane/depth/speed/heading digits turn blue if auto diving/auto turning/speed adjusting to telegraph.
--Config.txt entry DepthUnderKeelAlt, default 100 (feet). When distance to sea surface is below this value, depth reading changes to distance to sea floor in red (e.g. "+99"), instead of depth.
--Keystroke Level Submarine Horizontal: keep plane/ballast angles/auto diving while zeroing rudder; Keystroke Level Submarine Vertical: keep rudder angles/auto turning while zeroing plane/ballast.
--Keystroke: Start Fast Time Compression, which compresses time even more than default time compress. Helicopters and sunk ships may act weird, so only use when closing distance from far away.
--Keystroke for choosing submarine/warship/merchant category on the signature tab (same as mouse clicks): Goto Profile Submarine, Goto Profile Surface, Goto Profile Merchant

-AI fixes
--Enemy would attack with both missiles and torpedoes.
--AI torpedo waypoint setting uses same calculation as lead position indicator.
--AI adjust speed due to cavitation bug fix. Bug would cause AI to slow down, but propeller rotation speeds and engine sounds remain unchanged. (VesselAI.SubmarineAI)
--AI likely to fire more torpedoes if it detects player.
--Sunk ships would miraculously disappear after some time, mostly to free up frame rates. Duration defined in config.txt WreckDisappearTime in seconds.

-Campaign fixes
--Fix default game bug: "CombatBehaviour" (DEFENSIVE/OFFENSIVE) in mission.txt has no effect.
--Fix default game bug: "NumberOfEnemyUnits=0-1" in mission.txt is really 0-0, because UnityEngine.Random.Range(0f,1f) -> converts to integer -> then this is always zero.
--Resets random number generator's seed every time player leaves port, to make campaign missions more random.

--------------
Merging with North Atlantic 2000

- Separates vessels into 3 year groups: 68, 84, 2000 with varying performance/sensor/weapons.
- PropAudioPitchRange for all subs changed to 0.1,1.0 (default only SSN_Permit) to make speed variance audible.
- Active sonar ping sound varies a bit between different sub sonars.
- Updates 1968/1984 campaign similar to 2000 campaign, with better Opfor equipment and mission variance:
-- For 1968: adds hypothetical Victor2 1968 version, no ASW missiles; Adds NT37 torpedo to 68 subs, 28000/22500yds 30/37kts inactive/active; Warpact sub torpedo upgrades to Test-71; Adds PLAN ships SS_Romeo, DD_Luda, FF_Jianghu, FF_Chengdu (performance matches Warpact 68 level), adds Set-65 torpedoes to Luda/Jianghu, Yu-1 to Chengdu; Mission variance and category similar to 2000 version.
-- For 2000: Adds SSBN_Borei; Adds/changes Uset-80K/Set-65K/Test-71MKE with hypothetical better performance; Adds CY-1 missiles to SSK_song; Adds FF_Jianghu3 to coastal patrols; Adds Test-71MKE to Jianghu3.
-- For 1984: more mission variance and Opfor upgrade similar to 2000 version. No PLAN ships.

Link

Last edited by Skwabie; 10-18-20 at 04:57 AM.
Skwabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-20, 10:43 PM   #36
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

can this be incorporated into epic??
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-20, 03:14 AM   #37
M134
Mate

Default Woohhoo)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwabie View Post
Update:

Imported mega features from Epic Mod:

-Deploy towed array (set to repairable if overspeed, preventing awesome_boat_greatly_diminished_because_that_time_ I_forgot_to_press_the_button incidents)
-Periscope snap to target bearing
-Nav/missile launch/torpedo launch/depthcharge/dipping sonar markers.
Nice to see that you've got something useful from me too)

Many thanks to you for help in Atlantic Fleet modding and also I've been learning on your code in CW too. Good to see you're still around)

Also: If you want, I can add you to EM Assembly-CSharp Github, might be easier to check on features that way.
Old 10-14-20, 05:23 PM   #38
Skwabie
Mate

Downloads: 31

I'm no longer around these communities very often, just still play a little time to time - but a game is no good before modding... In the off chance u guys or anyone else find some I share useful just ctrl-c and no need for credit.

Last edited by Skwabie; 10-17-20 at 06:21 AM.
Skwabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-20, 12:31 PM   #39
Badger343rd
Loader

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 3

Could you increase the tube number keys from 10 to 14...for the akula?
Badger343rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-23, 10:50 PM   #40
Duplicate_yifei
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skwabie View Post
I'm no longer around these communities very often, just still play a little time to time - but a game is no good before modding... In the off chance u guys or anyone else find some I share useful just ctrl-c and no need for credit.
Hi,Skwabie!
I tried to bring your WAA functionality into the DOT module,By editing DLL(I modified DatabaseSonarData and CalculatePlayerTMA), make sure WAA works for TMA, however distance color does not change.

To make WAA range the RNG readout turns cyan,Can you tell me where these codes are? It took me a long time to find it.
Duplicate_yifei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-23, 09:47 PM   #41
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Duplicate_yifei!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote