SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-10-10, 07:44 PM   #1471
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Yes, when you dive they take their positions, or they should, just dive and check!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-10, 08:04 PM   #1472
JCWolf
Admiral

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Yes, when you dive they take their positions, or they should, just dive and check!

OK, But why is that?

Who " Drives the Boat when surfaced and following a course?

That is wierd!

JCWolf Mediafire SHIII Page

User name : JCWolf
Password : stefre@jcm
JCWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 02:06 AM   #1473
Captain Nemo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWolf View Post
OK, But why is that?

Who " Drives the Boat when surfaced and following a course?

That is wierd!
The two crewmen you refer to operate the forward and aft dive planes so when the u-boat is on the surface they are not required and can take a break. They will only take up their positions when submerged. However, this does not affect the crew management screen (F7).

Nemo

Sir John Slessor GCB, DSO, MC, DL
AOC-in-C Coastal Command RAF
Old 02-11-10, 03:49 AM   #1474
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

Quote:
The two crewmen you refer to operate the forward and aft dive planes so when the u-boat is on the surface they are not required and can take a break. They will only take up their positions when submerged. However, this does not affect the crew management screen (F7).
Could'nt explained any better.
You can see it in Das Boot aswell, when they dive/crashdive the watch men jumps down and 2 of them go up to their positions.
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 06:15 AM   #1475
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10

Moin JC,

in your OH version the two helmsmen leave/occupy their seats depending on sub´s depth. The next version uses another approach. You will have to order all hands on deck to make them leave their cosy seats. They will re-appaer when diving.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-10, 06:34 AM   #1476
JCWolf
Admiral

Thanks guys...stupid ignorante...LOL

To much time away from here I guess...LOL

Old 02-12-10, 04:04 PM   #1477
lucagaeta
Torpedoman

Downloads: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
Moin JC,

in your OH version the two helmsmen leave/occupy their seats depending on sub´s depth. The next version uses another approach. You will have to order all hands on deck to make them leave their cosy seats. They will re-appaer when diving.

Regards,
DD
Hi DD,

Always great to so many ideas, we are all waiting impatiently
version of FM have already implemented these new?

Regards
Luca
lucagaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 03:20 PM   #1478
kassman
Swabbie

Downloads: 39

Hi Guys,

I've recently got back into SH3 and i've installed this mod. Really lovin this one, except all the food, lol. I've looked back through the thread and read a way to remove the food nodes. I'm quite happy to keep the crates of fruit and bread, just reduce the amount of hanging stuff.

My question is, if i do this how will it affect the part of the mod that depletes the food over time in-line with diesel? The last thing i want when i'm half way through a patrol is for SH3 to lock up or crash to desktop because i've deleted some sausages, lol

Does anyone know how to remove that part of the mod that controls the food depleting?
kassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 04:23 PM   #1479
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassman View Post
Hi Guys,

I've recently got back into SH3 and i've installed this mod. Really lovin this one, except all the food, lol. I've looked back through the thread and read a way to remove the food nodes. I'm quite happy to keep the crates of fruit and bread, just reduce the amount of hanging stuff.

My question is, if i do this how will it affect the part of the mod that depletes the food over time in-line with diesel? The last thing i want when i'm half way through a patrol is for SH3 to lock up or crash to desktop because i've deleted some sausages, lol

Does anyone know how to remove that part of the mod that controls the food depleting?
You may want to consider sending DD a PM.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 07:56 PM   #1480
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassman View Post
The last thing i want when i'm half way through a patrol is for SH3 to lock up or crash to desktop because i've deleted some sausages, lol
Well if it happens you will just have to eat them like the rest of us! .... now, how about another schnitzengruben!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 09:45 PM   #1481
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

Quote:
Moin JC,

Regards,
DD
Can't wait for the next Version!
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 10:25 PM   #1482
JCWolf
Admiral

Sorry about this, but maybe I'm just ignorant but ,

Who "drives" the Boat when surfaced?

I mean if they appear when you dive, who " Steers the Boat course on surface?

Old 02-15-10, 11:12 PM   #1483
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

The helmsman steers the boat left and right when on the surface and submerged. The main steering controls are the buttons on the box labelled BBC on the bulkhead just behind the chief engineer.

Unfortunately UBI, didn't think it important to actually give us the helmsman ....so you just have to imagine he is there!

The other two guys ( who appear and disappear ) are the planesman. They control the mini wing things (at the front and back of the sub ) which help the boat to go up and down during diving and keep it level when under water.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-10, 11:21 PM   #1484
JCWolf
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
The helmsman steers the boat left and right when on the surface and submerged. The main steering controls are the buttons on the box labelled BBC on the bulkhead just behind the chief engineer.

Unfortunately UBI, didn't think it important to actually give us the helmsman ....so you just have to imagine he is there!

The other two guys ( who appear and disappear ) are the planesman. They control the mini wing things (at the front and back of the sub ) which help the boat to go up and down during diving and keep it level when under water.

Now I get it, So I was right, in thinking that a helmsman ( Driver) should be there on surface, not on the planes man sits but there somewhere!?

Old 02-16-10, 12:02 AM   #1485
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWolf View Post
Now I get it, So I was right, in thinking that a helmsman ( Driver) should be there on surface, not on the planes man sits but there somewhere!?
Yes, that's right - Usually, he sat on a bench just in front of the steering box. SH3 hasn't got that bench - but there is one in SH5 and it's got a helmsman too !!!!

Just to complicate things a bit...there was another steering position in the control tower. This was used during submerged torpedo runs when the captain was using the attack periscope. No good looking for that though, it isn't there either. Perhaps that is a good thing because the attack helmsman would have been knocked over every time the captain turned the periscope - the helmsman's seat was just where the periscope seat is!!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote