SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III > SH3 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-07, 07:29 AM   #46
Mush Martin
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

The entry dates are wrong the none appearing ships appear after the
scenario date instead of before. or the "group" date is wrong
Properties for ships and groups are found by right clicking the units
or gruops leader when Highlighted in ME. or the scenario settings
are up top under mission properties.
M

Tutorial
Mush Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 12:49 AM   #47
CP1985
Nub

Downloads: 6
Default Annoying mission editor crash

Hi guys, I keep encountering a very annoying mission editor crash when I arrange my unit group consisting of more than 3 units. Whenever I try to arrange my group with at least 3 ships it crashes automatically. I've tried seperate columbs for each ship (3 Formation Columbs, at 300, 500 meters.) Nothing seems to work.

The group I'm trying to create needs to consist of the following:
(2) Cruisers
(6) Destroyers
(2) Tankers

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CP1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-07, 02:14 PM   #48
Magnito
Watch

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP1985
Hi guys, I keep encountering a very annoying mission editor crash when I arrange my unit group consisting of more than 3 units. Whenever I try to arrange my group with at least 3 ships it crashes automatically. I've tried seperate columbs for each ship (3 Formation Columbs, at 300, 500 meters.) Nothing seems to work.
I read somewhre that when create groups, can't have more columns than you do ships. If you enter a number that is more than the number of ships you have, the mission editor will throw an exception and crash to desktop, so maybe is your case.
Magnito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-08, 12:43 PM   #49
Caborico06
Nub

Downloads: 5
Can I change sea color to aqua blue in Mission Editor?

:hmm: Does anyone know if the sea color can be changed to different shades of blue using the mission editor? (Silent Hunter 3)

In the Malta and Mediterranean Sea missions the sea color is an awesome shade of
aqua blue but it only seems to be in Mediterranean Sea missions.
Any ideas if and how I can change the sea color in Mission Editor for missions
in other regions of the world?

I'm using GWX 2.0 but this question may apply to all version of the mission editor.
Caborico06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 07:36 AM   #50
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

Sorry, Mate - no way to change the water colour via SH3 Editor.

Search for "Water Color" or similar , or for "Mini Tweaker" to get some info how to manage it.

Where to get your missions?

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-09, 05:53 AM   #51
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4
Default Mission Editor issue

Hallo. I'm sorry for opening this thread but i it seems that i run into some kind of problem with the Mission Editor and i can't find the solution myself.
So, on my disk D i have 3 SH3 installations which correspond to a GWX3, WAC4 and NYGM3.3 installation. There is also a fourth SH3 installation on my C disk (C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII) ; this is a vanilla installation.
I meet no problem when i create a mission, everything goes fine i.e. creation, validation, saving. BUT: When i fire up SH3 and select the mission just before loading it, the game won't let me see the description of the mission which is usually displaced on that virtual white paper signed by a BdU officer. Moreover, the mission won't load. I click on "LOAD" and the game doesn't load the mission. In fact, nothing happens.
The same thing happens for every mission i create with any mission editor installed in any of the 3 SH3 installations on disk D. I once tried to create a mission and load it with the mission editor installed in the vanilla installation but it made no difference.

Any clue?

Any help appreciated.

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 03:17 AM   #52
Graf Paper
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Let's say you've just created a mission for your installation. Double-check these steps:

• Make sure you're using the SH3 Mission Editor located inside the folder of the game version for which you're making the mission. This is required because the data for the world map and units (ships, planes, etc.) is loaded from the game installation where you started the Mission Editor. So creating missions for, say, GWX would require loading the ME from that folder.
  • When saving your mission, make sure the mission name is exactly the same as the folder. For example, you've created a mission named "Convoy Attack". In the SH3 install where you wish to save it, you'll see a folder called "data". Inside there is the folder labeled "MultiMissions". This is where all multiplayer missions are located. Inside that folder you'll see three more folders labeled "English", "French", and "German". Let's say your mission is in the English language. Inside the "English" folder, you'll see a list of other folders bearing the names of missions. Create a new folder here with the same name as your mission and then save your newly created mission inside there. So the folder path would look like this:
Code:
Your SH3 Installation
              |
            data
               |
             MultiMissions
                     |
                   English
                         |
                    Convoy Attack (save the Convoy Attack mission inside)
Your mission should load just fine now.

I usually set up my missions to work with JSGME, so I can keep them seperated from the "stock" missions of standard or modded SH3 installations. It makes it easier to add new missions and also save a backup if I ever need to reinstall my game.

Now go sink some Tommies!
Old 09-01-09, 02:48 PM   #53
tomfon
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 178
Uploads: 4

Thank you Graf Paper.
It seems that everything is OK with the ME. I created a test mission and fired up my NYGM installation. I'll check the ME in my GWX install too just to make sure.

Cheers!

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

Mods for SH3
tomfon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 08:35 PM   #54
Vann
Watch

Downloads: 17
Default Whenever i start a created Spmission get duplicated units why?

Hello..

HAve done all the steps in tutorials to create basic missions.. but when i start the mission ,looking for the most simple possible mission ..ie to sink a merchant ship near.problem is that when game start , instead of 1 Uboat for the player.. i get Two. and they are exactly at the same position and heading, looks like a game bug... Dont know how im doing this .. since i only place 1 submarine and 1 merchant ship in world map.. and nothing else. place the dates and parameters and trigers and objectives and events and validate with no problems.

another problem is that i set the dates for merchant and Sub exactly the same.. at same hour.. and use same date/hour for parameters menu.. but when game start.. from 1942 that all was set ..the patrol begins at 1940.. when clearly i have 1942 every where in the game whenever is a start date option.

i save the single missions as . misge extension as the tutorial says .
using the same name as the project file.

any help appreciated
Vann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 07:40 AM   #55
Mittelwaechter
The Old Man

Downloads: 35

Hi Vann,

it's some time I scripted my last mission, but let's see how far we get.

Open your MIS with SH3 Mission Editor and delete your U-Boot by marking the U-Boot Icon and hitting 'DEL' key.

If you have to do it twice to remove the sub you have created both subs (one over the other) by yourself. I guess you checked the multiplayer checkbox in parameters too.

Now drag and drop your chosen U-Boot type into the desired location and rightclick to open properties. Check the entry dates of the unit provided by the properties screen to match your timeframe.

Set a waypoint and turn your sub accordingly.

Now open Mission in menubar and choose Parameters.

Here you find the settings for Single- or Multiplayer - check the singleplayer box. And you find the start date settings for your mission. Check and change the data accordingly.

Save the mission as normal mission as ???.mis - choose whatever name you want and make sure to insert this MIS into a folder named exactly ???.

Put the ??? folder into the singlemissions folder in the games root directory.

Ingame select the correct U-Boot and timeframe for your mission.

Feel free to ask if something is not clear enough.

10 happy wolves rear 90 blinded, ensnared sheep. 90 happy sheep banish the wolves.

Arrest the 1% - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6hg1oNeGE
Mittelwaechter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 01:05 PM   #56
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430
Default Mission editor corrupt

(I'm sorry, I'm using Google translator )
After enabling various MOD (GWX, FM_Interior, Magui) the mission editor is damage and appears like this:

I did the same thing on laptop and it happened the same problem.
I have try to disable all mods but the problem persist.
Have You any idea ?

Thanks
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 01:27 PM   #57
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Are you running a res fix mod?

Version 2 of ME is available from my FF account.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 02:09 PM   #58
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Are you running a res fix mod?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
Version 2 of ME is available from my FF account.
I have download Your MissionEditorx2 but I have the same problem, strange

EDIT: Your response ispired me an idea, I have removed temporarily "d3d9.cfg" and "d3d9.dll" and now mission editor work fine !!!!

Thank You !!!
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 05:03 PM   #59
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by von faust View Post
Yes

I have download Your MissionEditorx2 but I have the same problem, strange

EDIT: Your response ispired me an idea, I have removed temporarily "d3d9.cfg" and "d3d9.dll" and now mission editor work fine !!!!

Thank You !!!
Your welcome

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-11, 01:41 PM   #60
Echolot
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 567

Hi.

Maybe you could try this:

Start Notepad.

Add:

ren d3d9.dll d3d9.tmp
sh3missioneditor
ren d3d9.tmp d3d9.dll

Save to SHIII directory.

Rename the new file to "MissionEditor.bat" and send to desktop (shortcut).

Rename the shortcut on desktop to "MissionEditor". You can change the icon in the

properties of the shortcut. Icons in SilentHunterIII/Sh3MissionEditor.exe.

Run the MissionEditor with the shortcut. The small command line window you can

minimze, it will disappear when you close the MissionEditor.

Echolot.
Echolot is offline   Reply With Quote