SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-07-19, 01:57 PM   #1
QuantumTyphoon
Swabbie

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Default Another Noob Question

I started modeling the ha 19 japanese midget sub with reference pictures from wiki. I then noticed the only japanese sub and it's the same one. All the parts are already modeled. I had to scale the model to the same size as the gato and tambor. Looks like the conning tower and the front torp doors need to be modeled.

Question 1: What determines the size of the submarine in game? The model or a cfg file? or ??

Question 2: How do I assemble all the models together into a dat file and properly link them?

Question 3: There's no interior, that's up to me to model? How do I place only 1 officer in sub? Do I need the officers rendered in game for it to work?

Question 4: What file determines the sub's test depth and max depth? speed ,and more ?

Question 5: I opened up the typhoon mod and noticed a seperate pressure haul, do I need this extra model?

Edit: Can I place the forward dive planes on the conning tower?

Have you noticed that the shroud in front of the torpedo's is covering the lower torpedo, dev mistake?

Last edited by QuantumTyphoon; 08-07-19 at 06:41 PM.
QuantumTyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote