SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-19, 07:12 PM   #1
MasterChief
Swabbie

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0
Default TMO crash to desk top on recon mission

Spent hours sneaking into Osaka on a photo recon mission. Saved just before snapping photos and glad I did. Every time I lock onto a ship and snap a photo the game crashes to desk top. Anyone else run into this problem?!
MasterChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-19, 09:46 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

It is usually a mod conflict. Open your JSGME and click on the blue "Tasks..." in the middle, then on "Export activated mods list to --> clipboard", and then paste that into your next post. Also, just in case, the 'modern' OS protects the Program Files folders, so you want to make certain that you install your Silent Hunter in a "custom" folder of your own making.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 11:09 AM   #3
MasterChief
Swabbie

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It is usually a mod conflict. Open your JSGME and click on the blue "Tasks..." in the middle, then on "Export activated mods list to --> clipboard", and then paste that into your next post. Also, just in case, the 'modern' OS protects the Program Files folders, so you want to make certain that you install your Silent Hunter in a "custom" folder of your own making.

Thanks for the feedback. I only have one mod loaded (TMO 2-5) on a fresh install. The install is from steam, so it installed in the steam/steam apps/common folder. I had already installed steam to a custom location though.

Guess I might just have give up on recon missions and take the hit in reputation.
MasterChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 06:42 PM   #4
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief View Post
Spent hours sneaking into Osaka on a photo recon mission. Saved just before snapping photos and glad I did. Every time I lock onto a ship and snap a photo the game crashes to desk top. Anyone else run into this problem?!

Was it a Career Mission, War Patrol Mission or a Single Mission?

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 10:16 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Also check your MOD folder structure. Sometimes, you end up with an extra folder when using the Windows Archive Manager. So long as your Steam is not in a Windows system drive, such as Program Files (x86), SH4 is fine in that main Steam Library folder, and you should be able to apply mods fine with JSGME. If you are in a protected folder though, Windows will go behind your back and roll back a goodly portion of the mod you applied, especially anything that has a "cfg" extension, which probably a good 10% of TMO is cfg files. There is a definite conflict between the ship and the "targeting" when you "Lock" on. Can you shoot torpedoes at similar ships? Oh! Wait! Is it a Conte Verde passenger ship you are attempting to photo?... see? this is where I miss having aanker around - [to the side] "Get well and get back here buddy!!!" [/end] - sorry - anyway, there are a few of the missions in the Stock game that do not function as intended - even after five updates. I cannot find the "fix", which dgrayson (Florida Sailor) did years ago. However, I will point you to THEBERBSTER's re-mix of Webster's GFO (Game Fixes Only) mod: THEBERBSTER's All-In_One..., which is an easy way to get into modding, and Webster fixed those bum missions. Just be sure and read all of THEBERBSTER's documentation, and you won't go wrong...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote