SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-23-21, 12:44 AM   #361
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

A couple of observations following the last patrol (#4) - Have 103,675 tons sunk. These are the easy times remember, I know what's coming as we progress into the war.

1. In a raining environment the crew on the bridge has rain gear but the watch officer does not.
2. Qualifications at the end of a patrol: - get the message, "You must complete a patrol.", but all the crew has completed 4 patrols. This occurs with the war badge and...whoops, don't remember which one...maybe the clasp?
Not huge problems, but if you are upgrading, someone might look into the code for these two things.
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 10:34 PM   #362
Archive1
Commander

Gentlemen:
One small additional observation that might be corrected in any programming upgrade:
When waiting for the 90 degree locks to open at Wil-h'vn, I glanced around and above the left (port) dock surface, against the wall of the background building, but about 3 to 4 meters above the walking surface, there is a walking figure, black, making no progress but definitely walking. Again, if you are working on changes to the program it may be another small clean-up.
-=Archive1-
Old 11-06-21, 10:24 PM   #363
Archive1
Commander

Well!~ After 4 plus patrols and after saving patrol 5 last night, clicking on the silent Hunter LSH3 icon, either the one on the opening screen or the established icon, does nothing. The program will not open. Now what? I'm deep into the game and it will not start.
-=Archive1=-
Old 11-07-21, 05:39 PM   #364
Archive1
Commander

Now it opens with the desktop icon. Huh.
1. Is there a way to print out the F1 pages?
2. there are two icons next to the Sonar/"Report nearest vessel." icon that I do not know the use for. Has there been a FAQ or other info post regarding these that I cannot find?
3. Can one delete all missions between the "In base before mission" and the "In base after mission" statement so the user can clean up the lengthening list of old missions?
Thank you,
Archive1
Old 11-08-21, 09:29 AM   #365
VONHARRIS
Konteradmiral

Downloads: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1 View Post
2. there are two icons next to the Sonar/"Report nearest vessel." icon that I do not know the use for. Has there been a FAQ or other info post regarding these that I cannot find?
3. Can one delete all missions between the "In base before mission" and the "In base after mission" statement so the user can clean up the lengthening list of old missions?
Thank you,
Archive1
For No3 , I think there is no way to that since deleting a previous save will delete everything after it.
VONHARRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 09:33 AM   #366
Sam.Willow
A Steam Engine Engineer

Downloads: 84

Regarding,,, "Well after 4" =

https://bit.ly/SH3Keyboard Take your pick.

Regarding Editing your campaign or history... Not a wise thing to do. You could introduce bugs and create situations that would cause the game to crash.

Someone on the development team of the actual original game might be able to accomplish this but I doubt the Mod developer would want to tackle this.

I am not aware that anyone on the original game development team is still involved in Silent Hunter 3. I do know that it is no longer under any kind of development by Ubisoft.

Only our great mod developers continue to keep SH3 alive and I for one want to thank them for their efforts. They do it for free but I have donated to thank them for their efforts.

Sam.Willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 09:58 AM   #367
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 428

For number 1 ...

You could try taking screen shot and then, printing that out.

This is from the en_menu.ini file, I think this provides all of the commands used in LSH3.

;Ingame 3D(camera) station names
3700=COMMAND ROOM; CommandRoomFree
3701=EXTERNAL VIEW - F12; Free
3702=ATTACK PERISCOPE - F3; Periscope

3703=COMMAND ROOM front - F2 `C0x595959FF`Help F1`C0x0`; InteriorFore
3704=COMMAND ROOM back - F2; InteriorAft

3705=BRIDGE - F4; ConningDeck
3706=BINOCULARS - B (F4); Binocular
3707=DECK GUN - F10; DeckGun
3708=RADIO ROOM - F9; RadioSonarRoom

3709=HEAVY FLAK GUN - F11 (F); FlakGun
3710=LIGHT FLAK GUN - F11 (T); A01Gun
3711=LIGHT FLAK GUN - F11 (G); A02Gun

3712=NAVIGATION MAP - F5; NavigatorView
3713=ATTACK MAP - F6; WeaponsOffView

3714=SHIP CAMERA - , or .; ObjectView
3715=CONNING TOWER; ConningTower
3716=ATTACK PERISCOPE - F3; ConningPeriscope
3717=DECK GUN - F10; DeckGunZoom
3718=UZO - U; UZO
3719=RADIO ROOM - F9; RadioRoomFree
3720=CONNING TOWER; ConningTowerFree
3721=UBOAT CONTROLS; HelmsmanView
3722=HYDROPHONE - H; HydrophoneView
3723=RADIO (RADAR) - R; RadioView
3724=CAPTAINS ROOM; CaptainsBed

3725=WATCH (F4); WatchView
3726=; Museum

3727=OBSERVATION PERISCOPE - O; ObsPeriscope

;Ingame 2D station names
3740=NAVIGATION MAP - F5
3741=ATTACK MAP - F6
3742=CREW & DAMAGE MANAGEMENT - F7
3743=MISSION ORDERS - F8
3744=KRIEGSTAGBUCH - K on/off
3745=RADIO MESSAGES - M on/off

You will need to clean it up a bit to make it usable but gives all of the commands.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 11:52 AM   #368
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

Quote:
Thank you,
Archive1
With regards # 3....

LSH3-20/21... is NOT SH4. Sh4, allows for.. selective... house cleaning, of game saves... SH3... doesn't.

SH4, after a certain... point, or # of games saves, will start dropping or deleting on its own, older game saves... just how many game saves, am not certain. I do recall counting how many save points there was but, that was some time back & didn't really think much on it.. to remember just how many there were.

SH3, on the other hand, is like the energizer bunny... it just keeps going (adding to the list) & going.. & going...

Hope this info helps...

M. M.
Old 11-08-21, 11:16 PM   #369
Archive1
Commander

Fubar:
Thanks - will copy the list you provide and create a printed list. It that works I'll upload the edited download to this link so others may benefit. If I can make it work. Thanks.
Just tried to 'copy' your message and paste it into a text document to print, but got nothing. Any better way to send this> PM ?

Mardigan:
Got it...not in SH3 or SH4 so fuddigaboutit for LSH3. No problem.

All:
...no answer regarding those two icons next to the Sonar one. There must be some reason they are there, no? But why? How do they modify the sonar reports regarding closest vessel or closest warship...or do they? I presume any Kaleun will want continuous reports from sonar re: closest whatever. Do these influence that?
Archive1
Old 11-08-21, 11:59 PM   #370
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Fubar:
Thanks - will copy the list you provide and create a printed list. It that works I'll upload the edited download to this link so others may benefit. If I can make it work. Thanks.
Just tried to 'copy' your message and paste it into a text document to print, but got nothing. Any better way to send this> PM ?

Archive1
You can get the very same from your own en_menu.ini file. Go to data/Menu and you'll see the en_menu.ini file. You can open it with any text document editor like notepad or Textpad. Just scroll down to section 3700 and there you go. Copy and paste away.

But if you have a problem I will get you something over PM.

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

Old 11-13-21, 11:34 PM   #371
Archive1
Commander

Fubar:
Have downloaded it - the F1 list - and am cleaning it up and putting it into a file for uploading.
Still no word, however, regarding those two sonar icons for which I have no idea of the function. If you click on the sonar station, ask for a reading of the nearest contact, you get a reply. But there are two, small icons sitting there on the right that seem to be for some additional request/info/whatever. But nowhere does anything tell the user what they do or for what reason one should select them. Maybe not important for functional use, but then why are they present? Anyone know?
Appreciate the contact.
-=Archive1=-
Old 11-13-21, 11:45 PM   #372
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Fubar:
Have downloaded it - the F1 list - and am cleaning it up and putting it into a file for uploading.
Still no word, however, regarding those two sonar icons for which I have no idea of the function. If you click on the sonar station, ask for a reading of the nearest contact, you get a reply. But there are two, small icons sitting there on the right that seem to be for some additional request/info/whatever. But nowhere does anything tell the user what they do or for what reason one should select them. Maybe not important for functional use, but then why are they present? Anyone know?
Appreciate the contact.
-=Archive1=-
Glad you were able to obtain the copy of the F1 listing.

The icons on the sonar station are jumbled up of sorts, but if I remember correctly, if you hover the cursor over the icons, you do get a description label as to what icon function is. That is what I rely on when using this mod. I also remember the navigator has jumbled up icons also. I'll take a look to confirm. I know this is probably not the answer you are looking for.

Old 11-19-21, 12:07 AM   #373
Archive1
Commander

Fubar:
Appreciate it. I wish I could draw here the two icons I am referring to. They are black and white, have an expanding 'sound-like' image...but there is no 'label' when one hovers the curser over them. And nothing seems to change when they are 'tweaked' with the cursor or 'selected' with the mouse.
Am starting to feel like a nuisance about these things. But if, as I understand it, there is work being done on a new update, now is the time to identify even small things that might need addressing to improve an already fine program.
-=Archive1=-
Old 11-19-21, 06:48 PM   #374
Archive1
Commander

Fubar:
Just had a thought re: unknown icons.
When you click on the Sonar icon is when they appear. I bet they have something to do with future sonar/radar activation - which is not yet available in the Type VII B model I am now using (late 1939), but which will become active when the Type VII C comes along in Dec of 1940. You think?
-=Archive1=-
Old 11-19-21, 08:35 PM   #375
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Quote:
Fubar:
Just had a thought re: unknown icons.
When you click on the Sonar icon is when they appear. I bet they have something to do with future sonar/radar activation - which is not yet available in the Type VII B model I am now using (late 1939), but which will become active when the Type VII C comes along in Dec of 1940. You think?
-=Archive1=-
Hmmm... not sure.

Let me fire up LSH3 and look at the icons you speak of. Will be back.