SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-24-11, 07:15 PM   #1
MaddogK
XO

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default deck planking

Sorry for on again-off aging posting, I'm on a rant thats gone 24+ hours so far.

Been trying to figure out how/why my OM type VIIB boat had defaulted to type XI snorkel mask (deck planking) and after some modding of the SNK node in the ships file and multiple new career creations I relented and simply moved the snorkel node to where the correct planking should be- only to see that the planking is physically too short to fill the hole where the snorkel will eventually sit (3 game years from now). I also started new careers with the VIIC and VIID boats and noticed the D has the ONLY correctly placed plank.

Now, I ask has anyone else noticed this quirk or is it only me ?

Last edited by MaddogK; 03-25-11 at 07:34 PM.
MaddogK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 07:33 PM   #2
MaddogK
XO

Bump-

I will probably edit the plank model to make it fit correctly on the VIIB, and move the node for the VIIC provided I'm not the only one with this issue.

Old 03-25-11, 08:16 PM   #3
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Import the one from SH3. I dont think it exists in the native files. (/data/library/GE_Sensors or something like that)

Alternatley, you can rip it right out of the nine delta two beta. I don't give a rats ass. You might want the sonarman graph file from 9D2 as well, it fixes alot of issues and i don't think any other mod has addressed.

Be advised though, I don't think the snorkel refresh's O2 like it should. You can run diesals or charge the battery, but the O2 isn't being refeshed.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 10:17 PM   #4
MaddogK
XO

The VIIB snorkel mask is in the /data/library/Sensors file, but I'm leery about messing with it as it fits the VIID so well. I hate to edit the the subs external models to fit the planks, but it might be easier than creating a new plank model and writing it into the equipment and upgrade upc's. I don't have a copy of SH3.

<edit> Ain't particularly thrilled with the original mapping, but plank resized for the VIIB at the nodes original location. I'll remap it tomorrow.

Last edited by MaddogK; 03-26-11 at 12:35 AM.
Old 03-28-11, 10:10 PM   #5
MaddogK
XO

Default finito

Finished the model tweek and remap for the OM VIIB. Used existing textures and parts, no photo editing done to any texture. Looks wonderful, now just need permission to release it.
Lurker ?