SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-11, 10:06 PM   #1
Kaye T. Bai
Samurai Navy

Location: Western Hemisphere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Default Battleship (2012)

The H.D. theatrical trailer for the upcoming modern naval film, Battleship (2012) was just released recently. It shows an international naval fleet of ships from the United States, Australia, Thailand, South Korea, Peru, Canada, France, Colombia and Japan, partaking in a military training exercise in the Pacific Ocean (à la, RIMPAC), when they encounter a hostile extraterrestrial naval fleet of alien ships. Fierce ASUW and aerial combat ensues.

Actors and actresses in the film include Alexander Skarsgård (Generation Kill), Liam Neeson (Schindler's List and Taken) and the R&B singer, Rihanna.

Personally, I've been waiting for a big-budget modern naval action film for quite some time and while this may not be exactly what I expected, it looks amazing. The last few modern naval action films I can think of off the top of my head are Crimson Tide (1995), Behind Enemy Lines (2001), and Tears of the Sun (2003). While the story seems cliché and corny, I'm just glad the film is coming out soon and will definitely see it, for sure, mainly for its action sequences. So, give me your thoughts. What do you think of the film based on the trailer?

The release date is set for May of 2012. Links for the trailers are below.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810116793/trailer

P.S. Looks like the Iowa-class BBs didn't stay decommissioned in this film.

Last edited by Kaye T. Bai; 07-29-11 at 04:10 AM.
Kaye T. Bai is offline   Reply With Quote