SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-04-21, 06:53 PM   #7786
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

When your liberty holds me hostage, we have a problem.

The vaccines in the US and Europe are effective for Covid19 and its variants. Its not a cure, however. It means that if you get the newer variants you'll feel crappy for a few days. It also means you WON'T be taking up valuable space in the ICU.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 06:56 PM   #7787
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
When your liberty holds me hostage, we have a problem.

The vaccines in the US and Europe are effective for Covid19 and its variants. Its not a cure, however. It means that if you get the newer variants you'll feel crappy for a few days. It also means you WON'T be taking up valuable space in the ICU.
True, however we do not know what the future brings us in term of mutated corona viruses and to stay on top you need to take a jab every 6/8 month a booster so to say

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 07:19 PM   #7788
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
True, however we do not know what the future brings us in term of mutated corona viruses and to stay on top you need to take a jab every 6/8 month a booster so to say

Markus
What we DO know is what happens to the folks who don't get the vaccine. There are hospitals in the US that are still overflowing with patients. Guess what those patients have in common? Same as last Winter, they aren't vaccinated.

Its really a simple choice. Don't get the shot and roll dice you won't end up in an ICU with a tube down your throat. Or, get the stupid shot and go on with your life.
Old 08-04-21, 07:36 PM   #7789
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
What we DO know is what happens to the folks who don't get the vaccine. There are hospitals in the US that are still overflowing with patients. Guess what those patients have in common? Same as last Winter, they aren't vaccinated.

Its really a simple choice. Don't get the shot and roll dice you won't end up in an ICU with a tube down your throat. Or, get the stupid shot and go on with your life.

I was thinking on those who got the vaccine..I know 15-20 % of those who get infected will end up in the hospital and some of them in a respirator.

While the number of people ending in the hospital in USA it's different here in Denmark..The number of infected is high despite this the number in hospital goes down and sometime up little and almost all of our restriction has been removed since couple of weeks back

Markus

Old 08-04-21, 07:38 PM   #7790
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
What we DO know is what happens to the folks who don't get the vaccine. There are hospitals in the US that are still overflowing with patients.
. Name three, and don’t quote a headline, bring in the statistics. Most metro hospitals already operate at near capacity.
Quote:
Guess what those patients have in common? Same as last Winter, they aren't vaccinated.
Don’t forget, the other things they have in common such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, broken limbs, stabbing & gunshot victims. If you want do your part so as not overfill ICU’s go jogging ten miles a day, eat tofu, and lots of fruit and vegetables and yoga.

Quote:
. Yep, now let us know how many miles you ran today and what your doing to reduce the chance of heart attack or stroke. Because those are back to being the leading causes of death and keep our hospitals at near capacity with or without COVID. Good luck to ya, keep us posted.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 07:42 PM   #7791
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

How many percentage of those who died from Corona had an underlaying sickness and how old were they ?

Here in Denmark and Sweden it's very clear. If you are suffering from some other disease a corona infection can be deadly... It can also be deadly for a fresh person at high age.

Markus

Old 08-04-21, 08:01 PM   #7792
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time

Old 08-04-21, 08:48 PM   #7793
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
. Name three, and don’t quote a headline, bring in the statistics. Most metro hospitals already operate at near capacity. Don’t forget, the other things they have in common such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, broken limbs, stabbing & gunshot victims. If you want do your part so as not overfill ICU’s go jogging ten miles a day, eat tofu, and lots of fruit and vegetables and yoga.

. Yep, now let us know how many miles you ran today and what your doing to reduce the chance of heart attack or stroke. Because those are back to being the leading causes of death and keep our hospitals at near capacity with or without COVID. Good luck to ya, keep us posted.
Sorry, Senator, I'm not going to violate the next-of-kin by giving a list of names or addresses to shoot down your feeble point.

You want a list of names? Try asking a Dr. or ICU Nurse and see what they tell you.

Just do me one favor, please? Next time, bring your A game.
Old 08-04-21, 09:15 PM   #7794
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Want to know why Texas covid rates are so high? The Democrats in action:

Quote:
More than 1,500 coronavirus-positive migrants released in one week into Texas border town.

by Anna Giaritelli, Homeland Security Reporter August 04, 2021 04:55 PM

MCALLEN, Texas — A border city in south Texas declared a local disaster this week as it struggles to respond to surging cases of the coronavirus among migrants as thousands are released by the Border Patrol onto the street every week.
Last week, a record-high 7,000 migrants were released in downtown McAllen, where they were immediately tested for the coronavirus through a city contractor. More than 1,500 people tested positive over the past seven days, according to a city document issued Wednesday, compared to a total of 7,000 confirmed cases over the past five months. Those who test positive are told to quarantine for two days but are ultimately released into the public.
The city said in a statement that the "shockingly large number of immigrants" released by Customs and Border Protection into the city overwhelmed Catholic Charities, which provides humanitarian services in the city for migrants. "This significant change increases the threat of COVID spread or other lawlessness within the city," the city said.
The Catholic Charities shelter downtown has taken in migrants released by federal border authorities for seven years but has never seen numbers like those over the past few weeks. In early July, the shelter averaged 750 arrivals daily, increasing to 1,100, and up to 1,900 per day in the first few days of August. The center is only approved to hold 1,236 people at a time.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...as-border-town

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 09:22 PM   #7795
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Sorry, Senator, I'm not going to violate the next-of-kin by giving a list of names or addresses to shoot down your feeble point.

You want a list of names? Try asking a Dr. or ICU Nurse and see what they tell you.

You brought it up, I didn’t. Name three hospitals that are overwhelmed, just three that are serving our 350 million strong populace. I looked at Johns Hopkins COVID dashboard I didn’t see any, maybe I missed something. Help me out.

I also want you to develop an exercise program and diet plan. Don’t clutter up my ICU’s because you had a heart attack on account of your poor health and too many cheeseburgers. Let’s go troop, I want to see your log book detailing your program and eating habits to make sure it reduces the load on my ICU’s. I got mine I want you to start one tomorrow, it’s for your own good. You don’t seem to know what’s good for you I demand you do this because I think it’s a good idea.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-05-21 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-04-21, 09:28 PM   #7796
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Want to know why Texas covid rates are so high? The Democrats in action:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...as-border-town
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58077311

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-21, 11:05 PM   #7797
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:

Let me help you out: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/covid19/rep...hor_1594392704
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-21, 02:10 AM   #7798
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Isaid it before and say it again. If you drive without seatbelts and crash and fly through the windshield and are dead, you did not die of your fatness, your skin colour, ylur recent heart attack or your smoking, but you die because you did not fasten your seat belt.
Old 08-05-21, 05:48 AM   #7799
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Yes seatbelts save lives and I’m all for them. I am also of the opinion that ones own personal health will determine the bodies response to the treatment of injury, sickness and disease. Even so I also suggest getting a vaccine and if you did good for you and if you didn’t good for you too. Leave people alone let them live their life as they see fit. If you’ve been vaccinated then those that didn’t shouldn’t be a threat. If anyone wants complain about something how about placing politics aside and find the origin of this virus and if it is from GOF experiments hang the bastards that developed it so it doesn’t happen again.

The initial response to COVID was to prevent overwhelming hospital ICU intake. Mission accomplished. Vaccines are not miracle cures. You can be vaccinated yet be in such poor health vaccinated or not you’ll still die from the flu.

Get up off your lazy arses people and go work out, don’t be such lazy eff-ups it could save your life and others by not cluttering up my ICU’s for the people who really need it. I want you to carry a log book with you at all times too so it can be shown how many miles you are running, jogging or hiking. I also want that signed by a witness and or a physician. We want strong hearts people because there may be a link between stimulating the immune system through vaccinations and atherogenesis.

I can’t wait for the latest Seroprevalence studies.

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-05-21 at 06:33 AM.
Old 08-05-21, 06:55 AM   #7800
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Hey what do ya know California doesn’t even bother with tracking seroprevalence. You know I’m kinda thinking it’s because as of 9 July 2021 damn near everyone they test has antibodies. That’s called herd immunity isn’t it? Or do you people consider it misinformation because it interferes with your virtue signaling and quest for facebook likes.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID...ffb48dd4185a6f

Last edited by Rockstar; 08-05-21 at 11:39 AM.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan