SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-20, 09:51 AM   #1
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159
Uploads: 0
Default compress air

There are any mod (i suposs old) focus in change the air compresed amount or at least a discussion over compress air where they get a conclussion. I feel the sub use a ridicule low amount of compressed air when operate underwater. i have seen some old discusion about it, but never find something like a conclusion or if theres some moddeable element that could be change. Someone knows?
Old 05-25-20, 03:48 AM   #2
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
There are any mod (i suposs old) focus in change the air compresed amount or at least a discussion over compress air where they get a conclussion. I feel the sub use a ridicule low amount of compressed air when operate underwater. i have seen some old discusion about it, but never find something like a conclusion or if theres some moddeable element that could be change. Someone knows?

Dont' forget, as is the case with electricitiy as well, compressed air is used for many different things throughout the operation of the boat.

I find, that besides blowing the tanks, surfacing in bad weather, also uses alot of air. At times to a point, that blowing the tanks to surface, uses less air than surfacing normally.

Once surfaced, going to double diesel propulsion as soon as possible, also helps save on compressed air.

Also be aware, that historically, the boats could not fill the air tanks and load the batteries at the same time - which is possible in the game - as one diesel was used for propulsion. In order simulate this, I always go to dual diesel propulsion after surfacing, in order to fill the air tanks first and after that, charge the batteries.
Old 05-25-20, 07:43 AM   #3
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Dont' forget, as is the case with electricitiy as well, compressed air is used for many different things throughout the operation of the boat.

I find, that besides blowing the tanks, surfacing in bad weather, also uses alot of air. At times to a point, that blowing the tanks to surface, uses less air than surfacing normally.

Once surfaced, going to double diesel propulsion as soon as possible, also helps save on compressed air.

Also be aware, that historically, the boats could not fill the air tanks and load the batteries at the same time - which is possible in the game - as one diesel was used for propulsion. In order simulate this, I always go to dual diesel propulsion after surfacing, in order to fill the air tanks first and after that, charge the batteries.
SH3 is always dual diesels if I recall correctly.
Old 05-25-20, 08:54 AM   #4
La vache
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 193

I know that on the subject

Quote:
The compressed air gauge (i.e. Manometer) was a little bit offset by stock. The maximum pressure of compressed air (CA) was 205kg/cm² in reality, but the original dial only went to 200kg/cm². Oakgroove then exchanged the dial from a modern 600kg/cm² disk, but the real value of 200kg/cm² maintained. Beyond, oakgroove had to deal with the different minimum / maximum indicator positions of both 2D- and 3D-gauges. That´s why he changed the numbers into a non-continous row. In fact, this manometer went from -30 to +630 kg/cm². As a result, the instrument was rather useless. The kaleun could see if CA was used, but didn´t know how much nor did he know how much reserve left (really important in real life!!!).

When I was trying to figure out the function, I found some pictures of U-995 in Laboe as well as from U-505 in Chicago, where original instruments (250kg resp. 300kg) were mounted. Then I found a picture from a matching manometer in the internet, corrected the values in the .sim-files and now we finally have a compressed air gauge that shows the correct values!
Bordinstrumente_Patch

Old 05-25-20, 07:54 PM   #5
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by La vache View Post
I know that on the subject

Bordinstrumente_Patch

i have seen this but i dont undesrtand exacly what its the modification, its only a 3d change or he is making a real modification to how air compressed works.
this mod its impostible with nygm but aldo guc. so to replicate the modification is need to know exacly what change about it, its a big set of diferent modification to found by picking...

Witch .sim file was edited?

Last edited by Aquelarrefox; 05-25-20 at 10:06 PM.
Aquelarrefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 08:49 AM   #6
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

It looks this theme is not that simple.
There was compressed air and compressed oxygen.
Stiebler (not Steibler) was done before:

"Oxygen in U-boat - U-boat Officer's Reply"
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=185993

"Air supply in H.sie mod – New Options Selector 1.6C"
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=236848

Greetings.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-20, 09:01 AM   #7
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post
It looks this theme is not that simple.
There was compressed air and compressed oxygen.
Stiebler (not Steibler) was done before:

"Oxygen in U-boat - U-boat Officer's Reply"
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=185993

"Air supply in H.sie mod – New Options Selector 1.6C"
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=236848

Greetings.
Compressed oxygen is a patch add-on, it affect diving rib time. Compressed air should work in load and unload ballast in tanks in normal operation not only when you realise ballast.
Old 05-26-20, 10:09 AM   #8
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Quote:
Compressed oxygen is a patch add-on, it affect diving rib time. Compressed air should work in load and unload ballast in tanks in normal operation not only when you realise ballast.
Activate "Oxygen supply Fix" and move the 1st slider to 4.5 does not help?
Old 05-26-20, 12:04 PM   #9
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post
Activate "Oxygen supply Fix" and move the 1st slider to 4.5 does not help?
No.
That's the oxygen, air compressed is s different thing, it's related to th he diesel compressor.
Old 05-29-20, 02:56 PM   #10
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Quote:
No.
That's the oxygen, air compressed is s different thing, it's related to th he diesel compressor.
After some test with *Uboat7_CR.sim and Menu/Dials.cfg it looks to me that changes only in Dials will not change the amount of air-pressure. Someone may find the initialize-area in sh3.exe.