Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-21, 02:32 AM   #6466
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Hello Gorpet, thanks for answering.
I admit i did not know Florida had 67 independent counties . So you are not allowed to leave one without an 'official' reason? But i take it this this a temporary Corona thing?

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 05:48 AM   #6467
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 05:49 AM   #6468
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

GCSEs and A-levels cancelled in England by the pandemic will be replaced by grades decided by teachers, exams watchdog Ofqual says.

Schools can determine grades this summer by using a combination of mock exams, coursework and essays.

It is important the pandemic does not prevent students going on to the next stage of their careers, schools minister Nick Gibb says.

It comes after education secretary Gavin Williamson says a "full return" of schools and colleges in England on 8 March is justified by data.

He is due to give more details on the plans for grades in the Commons later
A review by US regulators of the single-shot Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine has found it is safe and effective.

Coronavirus cases and deaths are continuing to fall globally, a new report from the World Health Organization says.

The France rugby union team stops training for its Six Nations match against Scotland after an 11th player tests positive for Covid-19

Old 02-25-21, 05:53 AM   #6469
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The US is poised to pass its third major spending package of the pandemic - a $1.9tn (£1.4tn) plan President Joe Biden has championed as a way to help struggling Americans.

The organisers of the Tokyo Olympics have confirmed that the Games' torch relay will begin next month as planned, but are asking spectators to restrain themselves and will keep a close eye on overcrowding.

Old 02-25-21, 08:16 AM   #6470
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It's not about power plays but science, no wonder autocrats don't like science.

Why not..

Yes, authoritarians hate science, which is why say there is the denialism of human biology happening.

As to my point - germans using mysticism to judge that populations must be reduced tends to be a bad idea.
Be it the new age mysticism with Gaia and immune system or the new age mysticism with the Arian race's destiny to expand.

Any way, you got the song wrong.

Please don't make us stop a well wishing (and Nazis believed themselves to be moral, didn't they?) ethic German state from trying to genocide us again.
Old 02-25-21, 10:41 AM   #6471
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

FOCUS comments:

"Do you still remember Ugur Sahin, the founder of Biontech, the man who brought us the miracle cure against Corona. Just recently celebrated as the hero who saves humanity from virus death and Germany from eternal lockdown. And now? Now he's the ugly face of capitalism. The EU Commission under Ms. von der Leyen has started a small dirt campaign. As with any successful smear campaign, you can't say with certainty who is behind it, of course. Let's put it this way: Papers appeared out of the blue on ARD [Germany's first TV state propaganda channel, Skybird], according to which Biotech originally demanded 54 euros per vaccine dose. What usury! No wonder that the EU Commission did not want to sign the contract immediately.

Conventional vaccinations are significantly more expensive. These are the prices for a vaccination against conventional diseases:

Chickenpox: € 56

Hepatitis: 60 €

Rabies: € 75

Shingles: € 104

But of course, 54 euros for a vaccination against Corona is of course totally overpriced. That's why people in the EU fooled around until they reached 13 euros. It just took 4 months, so the Americans and Israelis are now ahead. In Baden-Württemberg 80-year-olds are still waiting for their appointment. In New Jersey, being a smoker is enough to get vaccinated. But hey, we saved money for that. Avarice is cool. [A german commercial's slogan, Skybird]. Or maybe not.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-25-21 at 10:59 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 11:09 AM   #6472
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I got my invitation letter to book an appointment at the nearest China virus vaccination centre, when I checked where it was I thought "you can bollocks to that you plonkers".
They want me to travel roughly 18 miles and go to the same area my neighbour got infected with this China virus and died from it I might add, so I can get inoculated.
Bleeding brilliant I thought, no mention of the word "sorry" for killing my bleeding neighbour or anything, typical NHS admins who don't give a bleeding toss if you kick the bucket or not.
Luckily it said that If you cannot travel to any of these vaccination centres, you can wait until a centre nearer you opens. More centres are opening all the time - check back regularly, to get in touch.
Yep, I think I'll wait until there's one in my local area, or people start talking like mindless morons....... oh wait.
Old 02-25-21, 11:25 AM   #6473
Skybird
Soaring

And a red carpet, thats the minimum they owe to you.

Are you wanting the jab in principle, or not? If you do not want it anyway, okay, I rest my case. But if you want it, get off your lazy lower back, swing it into a taxi, bus, or your own car, and get there.

Its not as if they owe to you, you know. And you simply do not know whether time is on your side - or not.

We have one vaccination centre per district over here. Not more. Hopefully one day you can get the shot in every house doctor's office, but we are far away from that.

-------

I get a jab next week. Tetanus.
Old 02-25-21, 11:31 AM   #6474
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Are you wanting the jab in principle, or not? If you do not want it anyway, okay, I rest my case. But if you want it, get off your lazy lower back, swing it into a taxi, bus, or your own car, and get there.
--------

Hey Skybird, talk like that will get you more than a Tetanus jab around here you know.
Old 02-25-21, 12:45 PM   #6475
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I, my wife, and my neighbor/boat captain are all getting out first Moderna shots on 3/4. It's technically the only hot date I've been on during the year-long Covid lockdown. After the second shot, I'll even resume sailing. Two live-aboard boat owners on our dock had tested positive which has crimped our outings as being 70ish is considered an underlying condition!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 01:36 PM   #6476
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Hey Skybird, talk like that will get you more than a Tetanus jab around here you know.
I jjust tlak plain reason. And if it woukld come so that you get bitten, and went to the vaccination becasue of me biting you first, and you sruvie, where otherwise you may have gone into ICU and playing the lottery there - then I would have saved you and you owe me a thanks.

"If", of course.

Serious, I tell you the same what I told Reece some days ago:

Quote:
Reece, listen here at exactly 10:00. Thats the best answer you can get to your question.

Old 02-25-21, 01:39 PM   #6477
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post

Its not as if they owe to you, you know. And you simply do not know whether time is on your side - or not.

We have one vaccination centre per district over here. Not more. Hopefully one day you can get the shot in every house doctor's office, but we are far away from that.

-------

The BBC televised a visit to Brussels main vaccination centre today and during the course of their hour long visit they witnessed only one person arriving to be vaccinated. When they interviewed the centre manager she said she was unable to do anything about it because of a current acute lack of vaccines but later on in the report when interviewing the Belgium Health Minister he stressed the fact that a growing number of people are refusing to trust the AstraZeneca vaccine because of concerns stated by the French and German governments. They then showed footage of a health manager (or something like that) at a German vaccination centre and they confirmed there were tens of thousands of the AstraZeneca vaccines lying around unused because of the same mindset/concerns.

Old 02-25-21, 01:57 PM   #6478
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
They then showed footage of a health manager (or something like that) at a German vaccination centre and they confirmed there were tens of thousands of the AstraZeneca vaccines lying around unused because of the same mindset/concerns.
Tens of thousands? That German then was glossing over the facts. Around 1.2 million, to be closer to the truth. I reported it two days ago or so. Back then only 1/7 of the delivered AZ doses were vaccinated.

The AZ vaccine is suspicious a bit, yes, and has stornger reaciton symptoms for significantly more people, but it gets the key job done: it prevents even in case of infection and illness that people get hospitalised and die. And that is what it is about.

Dr. Seheult put it best: you should get that vaccine that you can get the quickest into your arm.

Choice is for those who actually have a choice. AZ would not be my first choice, too. But to wait and reject one vaccine because one hopes that later another one will be available - that is simply stupid. If they would give me the choice tomorrow: AZ next week or Biontech in 6 months, i would take the AZ next week. Heck, that is a no brainer, really.
Old 02-25-21, 02:01 PM   #6479
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Hungary is extending its partial lockdown until 15 March as the country continues to see a rise in cases.Hungary has recorded its highest number of infections so far this year today with 4,385 new cases.

The Czech Republic is to receive 100,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine from France, Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis has confirmed.

South Africa’s government is aiming to get 1.1 million people vaccinated by the end of March.

Bangladesh has started vaccinating sex workers in the country’s largest brothel due to their vulnerability to the virus.

Syria will begin vaccinating healthcare workers next week after receiving its first batch of vaccines, the country’s health minister has confirmed. Hassan Ghabash didn’t say where the vaccines had come from, telling state media that the doses were from a “friendly country”.

Old 02-25-21, 02:02 PM   #6480
Skybird
Soaring

More material sometimes indeed work much better for sure. The discussion about masks and the hot debate about their merit, is one if the biggest nerve-killers of the whole corona thing for me.

A fisherman using a net with smaller loops catches more small fishes than a fisherman with a net with bigger loops.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7007e1.htm

Several to US polticians of the govenrm,ent have eben seen indeed wearing TWO masks over another. Including the president himself.

I experiment with something like that, too, to improve the fitting of the FFP mask and to better seal it at the rims. I also shaved off my beard.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan