Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-21, 07:59 AM   #826
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
“I don't know if he'll run in 2024 or not, but if he does, I'm pretty sure he will win the nomination,” Romney said in an interview with the New York Times DealBook DC Policy Project.
Pressed on the prediction, Romney said, “I think he’d win the nomination if he runs. I mean a lot can happen between now and 2024.”
“I look at the polls, and the polls show that among the names being floated as potential contenders in 2024, if you put President Trump in there among Republicans, he wins in a landslide,” he added.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...-2024-n1258709

There is no mercy for the stupids.
Old 02-24-21, 09:24 AM   #827
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I'm wondering if GOP isn't in a precarious situation.

Trump is very popular among the Rep. voters, if he decide to create his own party/movement-The GOP may lose millions of voters.

On the other hand, if GOP make him as their candidate for the 2024 election they may lose it.

This is based on that a little majority who voted Dem will most likely do the same if he runs for the Rep.

If Biden makes a very bad job, then maybe Trump could win.

That's how I see it.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 09:57 AM   #828
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

My "request" to stop talking about Trump is just my personal take, it can certainly be ignored, I don't mean it in an "official forum admin" way.

As I said before, Trump had his shot, I will never vote for him again. So my fellow Republicans, start looking for a more serious candidate.
Old 02-24-21, 03:48 PM   #829
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
My "request" to stop talking about Trump is just my personal take, it can certainly be ignored, I don't mean it in an "official forum admin" way.

Either way you probably didn't mean that you preferred that people continue to talk about Trump but only refer to him as the "nameless one" or similar moniker.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 04:22 PM   #830
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post

As I said before, Trump had his shot, I will never vote for him again. So my fellow Republicans, start looking for a more serious candidate.
So - what is it that you didn't like about him to not vote for him a second time?

I would argue that expecting a statesman is a bridge too far and that I'm happy to elect *any* candidate, no matter how flawed, who can destroy the entrenched government-industrial status quo that has seen stagnant wages for average people, continued government overreach, and continued spending of tax dollars like a drunken sailor.

It took Biden 10 days to even address Texas's current situation - it's now in the 70s there. What took him so long? What happened to his 100 days in office that are now turning out to be business as usual - continuing to put kids in cages but using polite language? Or the response of the North Koreans and China - who knew exactly how to emasculate the current administration?

I don't care if the guy was a tax cheat in his personal dealings. I don't care that he used coarse language or that he was prone to hyperbolic exaggeration - his ability to keep his opponents off-guard and to get foreign governments to at least come to a negotiating table are exactly what we needed and still need.
3catcircus is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 05:03 PM   #831
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I'm sure texas didn't need to expend resources showing Biden around at the time and he declared an emergency on Feb. 14.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 05:43 PM   #832
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I'm sure texas didn't need to expend resources showing Biden around at the time and he declared an emergency on Feb. 14.
Declaring an emergency and actually doing something *effective* are quite different.

FEMA sent a grand total of 60 generators, some blankets and some food and water. Their response was anemic.
Old 02-24-21, 05:51 PM   #833
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Biden will declare an emergency at the request of the Governor. When did the request go out?
Old 02-24-21, 05:58 PM   #834
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Declaring an emergency and actually doing something *effective* are quite different.

FEMA sent a grand total of 60 generators, some blankets and some food and water. Their response was anemic.
As a person who has been baptized by Katrina and dealing with FEMA, relief supplies don't show up at a blink of an eye. Not to mention FEMA distribution in Fort Worth was in the thick of the ice and outages. Let me know when you want to discuss logistics and relief efforts. I have years of sleepless nights getting relief supplies from Maine to Pago Pago at the request of FEMA. A task that is nothing less than daunting.
Old 02-24-21, 09:25 PM   #835
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Biden will declare an emergency at the request of the Governor. When did the request go out?
How about this one...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...y-declaration/

Wasn't this at the request of the governor?
Old 02-24-21, 09:32 PM   #836
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
As a person who has been baptized by Katrina and dealing with FEMA, relief supplies don't show up at a blink of an eye. Not to mention FEMA distribution in Fort Worth was in the thick of the ice and outages. Let me know when you want to discuss logistics and relief efforts. I have years of sleepless nights getting relief supplies from Maine to Pago Pago at the request of FEMA. A task that is nothing less than daunting.
I'm well aware they don't come immediately. We're talking 10 days.

1 day to get activated to do stuff. 1 day to start loading up shipments - because FEMA is *supposed* to have stuff prestaged . 1-2 days to transport. 1 day to distribute.

We're not talking Maine to Pago Pago. We're talking cross-country. We're talking dumping truckloads of sand or salt on icy roads me event that getting stuff where it needs to go is a concern.
Old 02-24-21, 09:46 PM   #837
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I'm well aware they don't come immediately. We're talking 10 days.

1 day to get activated to do stuff. 1 day to start loading up shipments - because FEMA is *supposed* to have stuff prestaged . 1-2 days to transport. 1 day to distribute.

We're not talking Maine to Pago Pago. We're talking cross-country. We're talking dumping truckloads of sand or salt on icy roads me event that getting stuff where it needs to go is a concern.
What part of FEMAs distribution center in Fort Worth TX that was under ice and no power did not register. FEMA prestages outside of the area that will be affected. Say a hurricane will hit Miami. You don't park your supplies in Miami waiting for the hurricane that can take out the supplies. So, the supplies in Fort Worth are stuck like the entire region was. Trucks were not moving. Heck, one of my trucks was stuck in TX for five days. As far.as Pago Pago, that was easier getting supplies there via Russian AN124 Antonov. BTW, the Russian crew are a nice bunch of guys. The Antonov is a piece of flying history. I have other FEMA war stories if you are interested.

As a side note, TX has zero salt or sand stockpiling for snow and ice because it has never seen weather like this ever. It ain't CT. It ain't as simple as dump trucks dropping salt or sand. Not to mention, FEMA does no have it's own fleet of trucks and aircraft. Each task(transportation)is put out for bidding. Assembling 100's of tractors takes time. Specifically when having to deal with icy roads as in TX.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 02-25-21 at 08:47 AM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 09:55 AM   #838
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Biden’s Foreign Policy Is Obama All Over Again: Empowering Our Enemies At Our Expense

Quote:
President Biden says his foreign policy goal is to promote American values. Yet serious questions deserve to be raised as to whether these were only empty words following the Biden administration’s recent controversial moves on China and Iran that seem all too eager to appease America’s adversaries.
https://thefederalist.com/2021/02/24...t-our-expense/

Quote:
The Biden administration’s appeasement of Tehran will not only harden Iran’s resolve to demand maximum concessions from the United States without giving up its nuclear ambitions but also will send a clear message of weakness to all of America’s adversaries around the world that all talk from the Biden administration about promoting and defending American values are nothing but a fig leaf.

Biden’s foreign policy is clearly a potentially worse retread of Obama’s foreign policy, rarely backing up lofty rhetoric with needed tough actions. The foreign policy of the Biden administration looks poised to treat America’s foes with kid gloves, both ignorant of the true uncharitable nature of our adversaries and too arrogant to learn otherwise. It’s an ideology that mistakes wishful thinking as sound policies that will somehow induce desired changes.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 10:15 AM   #839
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
So - what is it that you didn't like about him to not vote for him a second time?

I would argue that expecting a statesman is a bridge too far and that I'm happy to elect *any* candidate, no matter how flawed, who can destroy the entrenched government-industrial status quo that has seen stagnant wages for average people, continued government overreach, and continued spending of tax dollars like a drunken sailor.

I don't care if the guy was a tax cheat in his personal dealings. I don't care that he used coarse language or that he was prone to hyperbolic exaggeration - his ability to keep his opponents off-guard and to get foreign governments to at least come to a negotiating table are exactly what we needed and still need.
I disagree 100%, we do not need and should not reply on a conman who glorifies cheating, adultery, and incivility. We can do better, we have many other choices, better qualified, more sensible, and much more intelligent. I know there is a tendency in this country to let the extremes program people, I don't want any part of it. Trump is out, he better stay that way. I will vote Democrat before I vote for Trump again.
Old 02-25-21, 10:21 AM   #840
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
As a side note, TX has zero salt or sand stockpiling for snow and ice because it has never seen weather like this ever. It ain't CT. It ain't as simple as dump trucks dropping salt or sand. Not to mention, FEMA does no have it's own fleet of trucks and aircraft. Each task(transportation)is put out for bidding. Assembling 100's of tractors takes time. Specifically when having to deal with icy roads as in TX.
Sure it has, It's just that weather is not a regular occurrence for that area. As for FEMA, it's a Federal Agency, anyone that expects them to operate in a timely and proficient manner is Whistling Dixie.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote