Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-07-20, 08:30 AM   #61
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Would be far better if the sound worked

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 04:32 AM   #62
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon12 @ JIMBUNA: the sound works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Would be far better if the sound worked
My ol' Cessna 172 never sounded this good! I'd never seen a Tiger shark before!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 02:16 PM   #63
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
^Too bad I can't conveniently use that in a Diablo 12Gauge pistol: my backup to a pair of my trusty CivilWar re-enacting Colt Navy .36's

You do re-enacting? I used to. I have a Colt Navy .44 and a Springfield 1864 musket.
Old 01-12-21, 04:24 PM   #64
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
You do re-enacting? I used to. I have a Colt Navy .44 and a Springfield 1864 musket.
Nice! I shoot a Lyman .36 Navy and have an additional Uberti .36 Navy, boxed, with all apurtenances. My rifle is the British two-band Parker Hale Enfield .577 minie-ball used at Balaclava. I also have original Snyder bayonets for same!! It has real rifling as opposed to most lesser re-enactment copies and I (at age 70) can hold my own )in competitions...but for my one rival a Sgt. who owns a three-band Parker-Hale with a longer barrel which, at 200 yards, gives a flatter flight advantage to the typical moonbeam arc trajectory of the hollow cannelured round. The ladder sight is not used below 300 yards.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 02-19-21, 08:30 PM   #65
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

https://www.wired.com/story/how-esca...ken-submarine/

Old 06-01-21, 12:25 PM   #66
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default too cute to paß up!

Old 06-01-21, 08:49 PM   #67
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

That was a really interesting article. Thanks for posting.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-21, 01:50 PM   #68
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default WARTHOG 101

Old 09-27-21, 06:02 PM   #69
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Maybe American citizens should be afraid of A-10s now that our military is "woke".
Old 11-01-21, 11:27 PM   #70
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

cool ONE STOP; NO SHOP (almost)

https://allthatsinteresting.com/history-maps

Old 11-02-21, 07:18 AM   #71
tmccarthy
Admiral

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Where's the gun news?

Show me the beef
Yes, please. What's going on with the Open Carry in Texas? I don't really watch the news anymore but I cruise over headlines occasionally and hear stuff other places.

I have not heard a single word the re Open Carry since the week it started. ( and when is it coming to California? )
Old 11-04-21, 08:08 PM   #72
tmccarthy
Admiral

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 16

Old 11-28-21, 01:17 PM   #73
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

These P3 Orions used to take off over my Mt View apartment from Moffit NAS; now i see what they were up to...

Old 12-26-21, 03:17 PM   #74
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

https://www.businessinsider.com/navi...ng-wwii-2021-8
Quote:
Submarines showed early in their existence that they could have an outsize impact in major wars.

They were so effective that major naval powers set out to build different kinds of submarines for different missions. The Japanese even attempted to create dedicated submarine aircraft carriers.

These radical submarine designs had wide appeal but ultimately had limited utility, especially cruiser submarines.

Designed in the inter-war period, these massive subs relied just as much on large guns and turrets as they did on torpedoes. Cruiser submarines trace their origin to two models of the Imperial German Navy during World War I: the Type 151 class, which had seven subs, and the Type 139 class, which had three.

Both types had torpedo tubes — two on the Type 151s, which had storage for 18 torpedoes, and six on the Type 139s, which could store 24 torpedoes — but their primary armament were two massive 5.9-inch deck guns normally fitted on surface warships, which were located in front of and behind the coning tower.

Their massive size and displacement — about 200 feet to 300 feet long and over 2,000 tons submerged — allowed them to sail much farther than smaller submarines and without assistance.

Type 151 and 139 boats operated in the waters off the Azores, Africa, and even the East Coast of the US, sinking dozens of ships. One Type-151 boat, U-156, became the first foreign warship to shell the continental US in 70 years when it fired on a Cape Cod town in July 1918.
<U-155, a Type U-151 U-boat, in London after World War I. https://uboat.net/wwi/types/?type=U+151 <U151- captured; in French port ca: 1920. From 1917 until the Armistice in November 1918 she was part of the U-Kreuzer Flotilla, and was responsible for 34 ships sunk (88,395 GRT) and 7 ships damaged (13,267 GRT and 1,025 tons). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SM_U-151

Old 12-26-21, 03:57 PM   #75
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

As an aside, I would like to play the HMS M1 in a sub sim game.