SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-19-21, 12:27 AM   #16
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer View Post
I'm really looking forward to your upgrade BH! Not having a realistic way of hunting and attacking at night is something many of us has longed for.

It's nice to see you bring life back to TMO!
No problem, it has become a labor of love. Wrapping a few things up before release first version. However, if you get the darkernights mod in the downloads area and then get the "better hunters " mod (see link) and enable them, should work fine with TMO as is while waiting on the rest of it.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5760

One big project in finishing up for the upgrade is combining ship packs(I added a lot of ships and put them in separate pack to keep things from betting mixed up) so trying to resolve conflicts etc that arise. Have a lot more merchants and warships to shoot at, plus allied vessels t0 encounter. The historical battles are scripted pretty well, Midway needs some touch ups but nothing can't knock out on evening. As of now all traffic layers have been successfully rewritten for historical accuracy, variety of play, etc. I am pretty satisfied with 44 and 45 as I just was killed on my 8th patrol in a Balao in April 1945, and things encountered on all patrols were perfect. The dark nights worked great (although I took some gunfire on one patrol). I am about to start an early war career in November 1941...plan is to have player at sea on patrol and arriving back at Pearl Harbor on December 7 as air raid is unfolding. I have the air raid scripted(to fit within confines of sim so prob 40-50 aircraft over harbor in each raid vs hundreds) the Kido Butai is in correct position etc. Have battleships placed, trying figure out how to remove the wrecks of the BB until Dec 7. All coming together, give the dark nights and my mod a try, let me know how works on your end, if you get a chance.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote