SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-06-05, 03:31 PM   #1
Mau
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Aegis Sucker - Punch scenario

This one probably goes to Molon Labe.

Played the Aegis Sucker - Punch scenario.
This one is a Multiplayer one but I tried to play it single.

Of course because my helicopter (I played as the FFG) killed both the Kilo sub I didn`t have any results. Is that normal (I mean 0 points and no kill mentioned).

The other thing is when the Arleigh Burke was sending the Kilo on the link, it was sending it as a Neutral submarine. First I found it had great sonars!!? since the Kilo was closer to me then to him, but that might be just an operator efficiency!! Of course I played everything in manual.

I tried to change the neutral subs as hostile but it was coming back as neutral. Anyway what I found strange is that my helicopter was able to attack it anyway. I thought it was supposed to be hostile to be able to attack it?

i tried to put a manual tgt beside the link track (designated as hostile) and to promote it on the link to see if the P-3 would attack it but.... to no avail.

Is there something I should know or something may be I don`t do properly.
Is it doing it because this one is only made for multiplayer?

Thanks
Mau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 06:19 PM   #2
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Well, the Burke shouldn't be getting the Kilos on sonar unless its really close. What version of the mission are you playing, and what version of DW are you using? I'm guessing you probably used a mission version intended for 1.01+LW/Ami 2.x with DW 1.03PB, in which case the Kilos might be easily detectable.

The ROE in that scenario only declare the subs hostile if they close to within 10 or 12 nm, depending on the version of the mission. They will be classified neutral until the ROE changes. You will receive a radio message when that happens.

DW never gives credit to the FFG when you kill a target via Helo/ASTAC.

You don't get to classify incoming link contacts, they are provided by other ships. You'd have to promote your own contact. I think you can get AI to engage your link promotions, but I think they must be high confidence, and the fact that a neutral sub was in the vicinity may have made the AI reluctant to engage... or maybe the AI was just being a bitch, it does that.

EDIT: I'm not sure I ever re-released that one for LW/Ami, but if I didn't, its because it works fine with it...in fact it certainly works better with LW/Ami than it does with stock 1.01+HF.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 07:30 PM   #3
Mau
Sonar Guy

Molon Labe,

I am using stock 1.01 with the Hot Fix (Sound/Speed).

Is it the problem?
I took it at the SubGuru site and I think it was done for that version. no?

So you are saying that if that sub is inside 10nm it will then be send as hostile on the link.
i think you are saying it actually in the brief at the beginning.
Thank you in advance!
Old 12-06-05, 07:30 PM   #4
Mau
Sonar Guy

Molon Labe,

I am using stock 1.01 with the Hot Fix (Sound/Speed).

Is it the problem?
I took it at the SubGuru site and I think it was done for that version. no?

So you are saying that if that sub is inside 10nm it will then be send as hostile on the link.
i think you are saying it actually in the brief at the beginning.
Thank you in advance!
Old 12-06-05, 07:39 PM   #5
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

It's not a problem if you want it to be easy. Without Lw/Ami, the Kilos will be detected by any dicass within 6nm and any surface ship within 10. If you're getting them on link earlier then that... maybe they're cavitating... stupid AI doctrine...
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-05, 10:29 PM   #6
Apocal
Navy Dude

Downloads: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau
First I found it had great sonars!!? since the Kilo was closer to me then to him, but that might be just an operator efficiency!! Of course I played everything in manual.
I've had a similar experience, only this was in a quick mission. Within seconds of launching my helo, I recieved a link contact on a hostile sub a good 6-9 nm away. Something tells me that AI sensors connected to Link are just a bit *too* good.

EDIT: And he definantly wasn't cavitating. The Link solution gave his speed as 6 knots.
Apocal is offline   Reply With Quote