SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-14, 07:40 AM   #121
test_m4a1
Helmsman

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0

Hi again!

Do You wanna tell me that its just few of us who have this problem??

I thought its more or less whole community...
test_m4a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 08:34 AM   #122
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

[QUOTE=THEBERBSTER;2265908]Hi Test

Quote:
I played for nearly 2 years without any problems and then suddenly for whatever reasons this tonnage bar problem arises.
Same thing happened to me too

Quote:
I remember also having Game Launcher problems with a Windows error that would not let me connect to UPlay.
Same thing happened to me too
mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 11:41 AM   #123
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

I have tested this several times with stock SH5 without any TDW's patches installed, and still the tonnage bar didn't rise correctly. It just seems completely random, not sure if online or offline has anything to do with it.

I think this has to affect all players. But not everyone reports their problems, and I think SH 5 may not have that many players anymore.

About a week ago I sent Ubisoft an error report because of the tonnage bar problem, waited for 4-5 days, and got an reply: I need to send them a screenshot of the problem! Maybe I'll just send them a image from the empty bar...

But I think every SH5 player should send Ubisoft error reports, it seems we can't do anything about it ourselves.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 02:38 PM   #124
test_m4a1
Helmsman

Thanks for answers guys

Im glad to see that smarter people then me are trying to solve this problems )

One thing i can say - with Fifi's modt list i almost didnt have this problem but maybe its connected to this magic "2 years..." when i was playing this mod.
Old 12-03-14, 05:19 PM   #125
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi guys

I am confident that this has nothing to do with mods.

Do make one manual save sometime about 10 minutes after an AIG save somewhere in your game session.

Do send Patrol Reports.

Try sending a Patrol Report when you have spotted a target and before you attack it.

You should be able to complete the Baltic Mission.

If the tonnage bar not filling persists delete all of your saved games and start a new career.

Check the Captains Log for the sinkings being recorded correctly.

If they are corrupted then start a New Career otherwise you will just be wasting your time.

Do not select missions.

Make a save in the bunker.

This will overwrite your Autosave Enter Base (AEB) save.

You will probably need to change one of your game play options to be able to make this save.

Having overwritten the original save (AEB) this will now change your patrol starting time.

Do not load any saves that are behind later saves.

If you need an earlier save do make sure you delete the later saves first.

Have you had to replace your Game Launcher?

Having found a target to attack.

Make a manual save.

Exit the game

Now go off line

Load that last save again and carry out the attack.

Your Autosave in Game (AIG) saves will now not synchronise with the cloud.

When you exit the game it will not save to the cloud.

When start your next session on line you should be given a choice where to save your games to.

Select Local Saved Games.

Importantly write down what changes and actions you are making so that you can see what you have done.

Make sure you read your notes from time to time as this might spark an idea that you had not previously thought of.

Any change you make is better than struggling on getting more and more frustrated hoping it will suddenly sort its self out.

There is an answer.

Its just a question of finding it, and trust me, it can be found.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 05:31 PM   #126
THEBERBSTER

Hi Mikael

Did you have to get a third party new Game Launcher?

The original Game Launcher shows as being Ubisoft.

Although the replacement Game Launcher comes from Ubisoft it shows in the Control panel as Uplay.

Have you had constant problems since replacing the Game Launcher?

I bought 2 new dvd's as they are so cheap.

One is a spare.

The new dvd installation allowed everything to install correctly including the Game Launcher.

It did not immediately cure my tonnage bar problem.

It did however give me a solid foundation to start working out what permutations/combinations to work with that was important to me in being able to get on top of the problem after many troublesome months of aggravation.

Peter
Old 12-07-14, 01:44 PM   #127
test_m4a1
Helmsman

I have just one question

Is there anyone who has this problem with Steam verios of SH5?

If its only connected to Uplay and steam version is free of this bug - ill buy on the spot steam version
Old 12-09-14, 06:34 PM   #128
THEBERBSTER

Playing on line I spotted a Target at around 800 metres in medium fog.

Not having time to continue the session I did a Manual Save.

Coming back on line for the next session and on loading the game the target sees me and changes course.

I exit the game to the menu and load the game again with the same result.

I exit the game again this time back to the desk top and go off line.

I load the game and the target does not see me this time so I go full rudder and the target disappears.

I do a manual save and then a Resume.

I take up a firing position but I have gone to far over the course line and have to use my stern tube.

I sink the target but the tonnage bar does not fill.

I exit the game to the menu and load the game again.

This time I get the chance to use my bow tubes.

I know 1 torpedo will sink it as it is a Rongel O S 2434 Tons but I fire 2 as I know both will hit, and you never know it might just make a difference.

The tonnage bar fills.

A while later I almost run into a AMC in medium fog again only 800 metres away so I go full astern and full rudder which brings me sharply round to be able to do a fast 90° shot.

I sink the AMC Patroclus 1,1204 tons with 1 torpedo and I immediately get a AIG completed patrol save and NWA mission shows 2 stars and full tonnage bar.

So the NWA need 50,000 tons to complete this.

It is only November 7th 1939 so I will have some free patrol time to fill in before my next patrol.

It just goes to show how unpredictable this tonnage bar problem is.

I thought I had beaten it so I was disappointed when it started playing up again.

I tried a few options and as you can see I won this round.

It will be interesting when the next patrol comes up as to what happens.

As I have got some free time now I will not have to bother about whether a tonnage bar fills up or not.

Peter
Old 12-09-14, 06:40 PM   #129
THEBERBSTER

Hi Guys

In relation to this tonnage bar problem.

How many saves do you keep before you start to delete them?

For example when you complete a mission do you delete all the saves except the last Autosave Enter Base (AEB) which is the one that starts your next mission?

Peter
Old 12-11-14, 06:09 AM   #130
jibouil
Mate

Downloads: 173

I don't delete my save.
I keep all
jibouil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-14, 11:41 AM   #131
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827
Default Tonnage bar trouble

I have had this problem on and off for some time. I play the stock missions, and I was always able to go back one save, try the attack again and it seemed to go away.
Now, the problem is back and I find it's much more resilient. I have tried reloading, reinstalling, reconfiguring mods ect...and all my attempts have failed to get that bar moving again.
This last time, the first ship I sunk appeared in the bar. The second would not, even after replaying the save. I then did a full reinstall, and that is where I stand now.
I am also going back to an older version of the patcher to see if there is any difference. I am also playing with the game in online mode. I feel that the Berbster is absolutely correct about the problem not being a mod issue, however, I am still looking at some old mod lists that I used back when I was having no problems with this at all.
I'll keep everyone posted on my progress, especially if I come across a good clue.

D40
Old 12-15-14, 07:05 PM   #132
mainexpress
Ensign

Downloads: 292

Playing the baltic campaign now...sunk 2 ships 9 torps left...but tonnage bar is not filling up and i just recently noticed this thread so, it is obviously an issue i was unaware of.I am wondering if i can even salvage this career anymore....or start fresh with a new career,any suggestions would help thanks.
mainexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-14, 07:13 PM   #133
THEBERBSTER

Hi Dogfish

I would not go back one save.

If by this you mean that you are going behind your current save.

I would concentrate on the current save even if It means you quit and reload it several times.

Reload from the main menu.

Each time you load the same save you will change something from within your game play that you did not do before, and it might be this that makes the difference.

If you do want to load the previous save then before exiting delete the current save so that the next time you load your previous save becomes the current one if you understand what I am trying to say?

As you know AIG saves are every 25 minutes so it does not hurt to do a manual save in between the AIG saves during a playing session.

This will then give you AIG 25 minutes manual save 37 minutes AIG 50 minutes.

Keep a note of what you are doing as it will give you a better idea of what to try next.

As you can see from my posts things can be very hit and miss but I get on top of it with perseverance and making changes.

Make sure you are working from your local saves and not from the cloud synchronisation.

Peter
Old 12-16-14, 10:00 AM   #134
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Dogfish

I would not go back one save.

If by this you mean that you are going behind your current save.

I would concentrate on the current save even if It means you quit and reload it several times.

Reload from the main menu.

Each time you load the same save you will change something from within your game play that you did not do before, and it might be this that makes the difference.

If you do want to load the previous save then before exiting delete the current save so that the next time you load your previous save becomes the current one if you understand what I am trying to say?

As you know AIG saves are every 25 minutes so it does not hurt to do a manual save in between the AIG saves during a playing session.

This will then give you AIG 25 minutes manual save 37 minutes AIG 50 minutes.

Keep a note of what you are doing as it will give you a better idea of what to try next.

As you can see from my posts things can be very hit and miss but I get on top of it with perseverance and making changes.

Make sure you are working from your local saves and not from the cloud synchronisation.

Peter
Yes,
I meant that I go back and try the currant save again. That had worked before, I would reload my current save, try the action again and it used to resolve the problem, usually for good. Recently, the problem appeared on the "Blockade" mission with five armed merchants and the carrier needing assistance to the bottom. This time, the problem again appeared in the British coastal waters and won't go away.
As I mentioned though, I have started a new carrier with a fresh install. I have moved a couple of mods around and gone back to the 1.64 patcher.
Another thing that I'm very interested is, if the problem comes up, I read the excellent sounding CFG workaround in your thread. It might be possible to "kickstart" the tonnage bar. If the CFG workaround works, I will simply use this for a temporary fix.
I'll see how all this pans out.
Thanks
Old 12-20-14, 03:08 AM   #135
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

It could be either of these .
OH II v2.5 Grid Request fix Patch SH5 mod
or
RPM inertia patch in the exe patcher . Are the ships that don't record tonnage moving or stopped ?
or
ubilauncher

Last edited by THE_MASK; 12-20-14 at 03:30 AM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote