SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-14, 07:31 PM   #91
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

Hi Casey

Quote >This is off topic but I may as well ask it here, wasn't the bug with your sub not touching the seafloor gotten rid of through a mod??

There is a patch in TDW's Generic File Patcher that should stop that happening.

That is I am assuming that you mean that when your sub gets to a certain depth you can no longer control its depth and it carries on going deeper and deeper?

And yes you are right about a mod but that was used before the GFP fix so should no longer be needed.

It was called Depth_Keeping_Problem_TheDarkWraith and came with two mods in it.

Depth_Keeping_Problem_HB_2_0_0_TheDarkWraith

Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_2_0_0_TheDarkWr aith

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 10:36 PM   #92
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Casey

Quote >This is off topic but I may as well ask it here, wasn't the bug with your sub not touching the seafloor gotten rid of through a mod??

There is a patch in TDW's Generic File Patcher that should stop that happening.

That is I am assuming that you mean that when your sub gets to a certain depth you can no longer control its depth and it carries on going deeper and deeper?

And yes you are right about a mod but that was used before the GFP fix so should no longer be needed.

It was called Depth_Keeping_Problem_TheDarkWraith and came with two mods in it.

Depth_Keeping_Problem_HB_2_0_0_TheDarkWraith

Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_2_0_0_TheDarkWr aith

Peter

That isn't the problem, the problem is going to as deep as I can go, to the seafloor, and I am "Hitting" the seafloor but if I look in external, I am about 2-3 meters above it.

Also, I just thought of this,I am using WOS and am not sure if it is the mod or the base game that does this, but check your captains log at the start of each patrol. Mine gives me grids to hunt and usually a message comes in telling me to hunt that grid and an 80km radius. Just this last patrol sunk 4 ships in that radius and I believe it credited all of them. Worth checking out.
Old 11-12-14, 04:26 AM   #93
Firebiro
Watch

Downloads: 42

I wonder if something to disable the AIG saves would sort this out, from your own research Peter it appears AIG's are, at some point, messing with the tonnage issue, but not all the time?

Its curious that it is only a recent issue, I know I was having it with my original Steam version but figured that was down to being unable to patch. I now have a DVD version and a new Uplay account and my heart sank (pardon the pun) when it happened again.

As it is not happening to everyone I wonder if it is a particular hardware setup?

NB. I did not get to test last night but will hopefully get to tonight and keep a record. Lets see if us suffering can come up with an exact cause so we can inform modders? It looks like Peter is almost at the bottom of it (again the hilarious depth puns) If all of us who are having the problem can keep a record as detailed as his we may be able to resolve this. I am almost convinced it will be something to do with the AIG saves.
Firebiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-14, 10:16 AM   #94
THEBERBSTER

Hi guys

Just bring you up to date from Post #90

I started the game off line 12/11/2014 at 19.45

I loaded the manual save from 11/11/2014 real time 23.08

This created for me an unexplainable situation as I could see straight away the target Dale Class Fleet Oiler at around 85 degrees over 2,000 metres away.

Now I should not be seeing this target for another 5 to 10 minutes in real time.

When I originally attacked it I was 1,400 metres away and fired my torpedo at 80 degrees with Uzo bearing 350 degrees.

I exited and loaded the manual save again and this time the target was not showing.

I then did a manual save at 20.11 which over wrote the previous days 23.08 manual save.

I did not want to use that old save again just in case I needed to use it and it corrupted again.

As I already knew the targets course it was just a case of running parallel to it at flank speed and taking up a new firing position which again proved successful with torpedoing the DCFO and then using the deck gun on the Rongel SOS.

Both sinkings again showing on the tonnage bar.

Although the game synced at start of game loading it would seem that it was not synced correctly at the first save loading but corrected when the same save was re-loaded.

Never seen that before, most strange, no wonder things sometimes go wrong (tonnage bar) for example.

Peter
Old 11-13-14, 12:48 PM   #95
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Just an update on my end.

Last night I started the western approaches campaign, and was northwest of scapa flow en route to my patrol area, and found and sunk a merchant for 4k tons. Didn't record on the bar.

Finally got my patrol area and sank another, no tonnage. Seems I was incorrect in assuming maybe it had something to do with your patrol area. I'll try to work the aig/Aeb angle next time I play.

I really like the immersion, feel, graphics and even gameplay of this game, more so than sh3 but this tonnage bar issue is a killer.

On another note, is anyone having trouble with the crash dive command with the WOS mod installed?? I will be below deck. And call crash dive, the sound plays, but my boat stays surfaced until I hit the button again.
Old 11-13-14, 01:34 PM   #96
THEBERBSTER

Hi Casey

It is not a WOS issue as I do not use WOS.

I have to press twice sometimes on the depth gauge to make sure the red line sets to the correct depth and I do not start to drop past it.

Very important if you crash dive in shallow waters.

To be safe I always press the crash dive twice anyway as from previous experience once does not always seem to work.

I have found this can also happen on the dive icon as well.

The problem if there is one seems more likely to be an interface one.

Does the dive procedure takes longer than our expectations?

I know U-Boats with good crew could dive quite quickly.

I know from experience when you need to get down below quickly those few seconds waiting for something to happen seem to take forever.

You have raised a good point, never really thought about checking it out before just accepted the situation.

I will press a few icons, keyboard keys, and do a few dives and see what happens.

Peter
Old 11-13-14, 04:08 PM   #97
grujo86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ok...i had a same problem playing with WOS megamod online with launcher and notihing happens with progress bar. I almost throw my DVD in garbage.

But then I switched to offline mode and when asked where to save my game i choose local hard drive.

Then i loaded my save game i whooooohoo it started to fill. Now everithing counts. Near patrol area or far...neutral ships...dolphins )))) i was so happy about that... so there is no problem with mods...its something with offline/online.

So try to start carrear online save game switch to offline and enyoy
Old 11-13-14, 07:28 PM   #98
THEBERBSTER

Thanks for the feed back grujo this is exactly what we need to build up a picture.

On line > Torpedoed a Rongel SOS but it did not add to the tonnage bar total.

Reloaded the save and noticed that the targets course was 7 degrees difference than last time.

I could not see it from the bridge using the binos but somehow it spotted me in medium fog and made a dash for it but I sank it with the deck gun this time and the tonnage bar filled.
Old 11-14-14, 04:01 PM   #99
grujo86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

And even for the record there is nothing wrong with TDW patcher because I have literally "BUTCHERD" that patch with my own disable/enable function for my needs even on patrol and tonnage bar is still rising. I didn't conntact BDU or anything similar.

I have installed optional mods and it's always working.... there must be some strange bug with UBI online sync server....I will also try with Sjizzle WFTD but i think I will got same result.

So I always start online in bunker...save...exit...back...upgrade...go to patrol....save...exit...go offline...reload... and then R'n'R meine freund.

It's friday night and it's time to visit BAR after long patrol..

Gute Jagd und fette Beute Kaleuns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI

Last edited by grujo86; 11-14-14 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-18-14, 09:06 AM   #100
Firebiro
Watch

Downloads: 42

This is brilliant, it looks like you are making headway on this Grujo and Peter, I haven't been testing both time and willingness to waste an hour just to not have the tonnage bar fill. When I get some time I will test out some sequencing on online and offline
Old 11-18-14, 10:37 AM   #101
jibouil
Mate

Downloads: 173

I'll try to test !
See you soon

don't work for me on the first mission

Last edited by jibouil; 11-19-14 at 10:16 AM.
jibouil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-14, 11:20 AM   #102
LesBaker
Loader

Downloads: 521
Uploads: 5

grujo86's method does not work for me either.

Les
LesBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 03:44 PM   #103
test_m4a1
Helmsman

Downloads: 199

I agree with poster above - it doesnt work, still no change...
test_m4a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 05:12 PM   #104
grujo86
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

HELL I dont freakin' know whats the problem...for me it was work part of time and then breaking the fortres not....i dont know is it because i didnt request mission or what?????? and now somtimes it says (for breaking the fortres) online incomplete and offline failed mission (I have sunk ROYAL SOVEREIGN 31000 tons and depth charged 2 times while escaping scapa flow) AHHHHHHHH I think i will stick to SH3 I dont want to waste my time anymore (I spent more hours trying to fix this then enyoing to play...It's OVER) ....but I was so happy because I thought I have solved problem.

Last edited by grujo86; 11-20-14 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-20-14, 07:32 PM   #105
THEBERBSTER

My tonnage problems seem to have sorted themselves out so far after a lot of previous problems with it.

Sank another 2 last night, North West Approach just need another 1 or maybe 2 to complete the tonnage bar fill.