SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-22-20, 03:39 AM   #1
MarkShot
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 93
Uploads: 0
Default Is loading a save; not the same as execution?

RA 1.49

I have a close approach in a sub to destroyer. I have like 2 NB harmonics on DD, but solid (no faint ghost lines). I load 5 minute earlier save, I can play through and not be detected.

But if I load and save even closer, loading is instant detection; despite I can execute through that distance without detection.

Why?

I can think of 2 reasons:

(1) The doctrine files on a load are re-initialized, therefore I might during execution slip by undetected due to where the AI is in running the detection doctrine.

(2) A load results in a base noise level initially emitted which is then re-adusted for sea state, layer, flow, weather, and bottom. (If this true, then one should avoid saves when running on the edge of a razor.)

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks.
Old 11-22-20, 07:36 AM   #2
Captain Reyes
Bosun

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

I loaded several RA saves while being very close to enemies and didn´t run into immediate detection/persecution issues but most of my latest RA hours are clocked on 1.50b. Perhaps in that late save state they were already tracking you and about to ID/attack you.

Theory 2) recalls some memories but AFAIK this was long ago and only in 688HK. I remember observing scenarios where upon initializing assets left sonar traces for a short moment before going silent.
Captain Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote