SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-23-11, 09:22 PM   #61
Evil Koala
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Anyone else having problems controlling the SH-60's as the FFG-7? They will fly to the first waypoint and stop responding. I've waited over an hour in game just to make sure they weren't in the middle of dipping or something and nothing. When I return them to helo control, they still do nothing. Only when I recall them will they respond.
Evil Koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 01:45 PM   #62
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Just wanted to say thanks to the Lwami crew for an excellent mod, really appreciate your hard work. Thought I'd expand my Silent Hunter horizons and while I'm still mostly using autocrew, I'm starting to get a feel for the sub platforms, thanks to MolonLabe's tutorial mission and others.

I'll raise a glass to your efforts chaps, great work!
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-11, 08:45 PM   #63
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Thanks.
Old 12-13-11, 12:43 AM   #64
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Koala View Post
Anyone else having problems controlling the SH-60's as the FFG-7? They will fly to the first waypoint and stop responding. I've waited over an hour in game just to make sure they weren't in the middle of dipping or something and nothing. When I return them to helo control, they still do nothing. Only when I recall them will they respond.
Actually yeah, like the quoted guy, since installing this I'm finding waypoints for the Oliver Perry don't work - I can place them, but the ship doesn't move, even if you alter course manually and select 'return to waypoint'. They were fine in stock (same mission).

Not got as far as launching a helo yet (first mission of RSR campaign is all I've done)... but could be related?

0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 07:53 AM   #65
suttorad
Watch

Downloads: 5
Default AI sub & wake homing torpedos

AI Akula fired on my FFG at flank speed wakehoming torpedo, but this fish probably don't enabled, or fail to lock on my wake. I tried this situation 5 times, all wakehomers cross my wake, but fail to wakefollow. Then i changed sides and take under command Akula. I fired wakehomer on FFG, wait 30 seconds and fired UGST. Frigate accelerated to 29 kts, but wakehomer lock on her wake, then follow her and scored hit.
suttorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-12, 04:15 PM   #66
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttorad View Post
AI Akula fired on my FFG at flank speed wakehoming torpedo, but this fish probably don't enabled, or fail to lock on my wake. I tried this situation 5 times, all wakehomers cross my wake, but fail to wakefollow. Then i changed sides and take under command Akula. I fired wakehomer on FFG, wait 30 seconds and fired UGST. Frigate accelerated to 29 kts, but wakehomer lock on her wake, then follow her and scored hit.
This is a known bug of the game engine: wakehoming torpedoes doesn't work against player controllable platforms.

RA mod seems to solve this by hardcore tweaking.
Old 01-02-12, 01:06 AM   #67
suttorad
Watch

Downloads: 5

OK, thx.
suttorad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 01:33 AM   #68
canoe
Nub

Downloads: 11

Hello..

I have a problem after installing LWAMI 3.11

I installed by following instruction but at first the splash screen did not change and when I play either mission and quick mission or campaign the model disappear

Can you help me ??

I have DW 1.04 patch installed
canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 02:05 PM   #69
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

The splash screens are loaded separately from the mod itself via JSGME.

Assuming the models that are disappearing are of Ownship and the mod is enabled, then the likely cause is that the batch file for the 3d models was not run. So if you didn't run the batch file as instructed, go do that and it should fix the problem.
Old 01-04-12, 02:16 PM   #70
canoe
Nub

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
The splash screens are loaded separately from the mod itself via JSGME.

Assuming the models that are disappearing are of Ownship and the mod is enabled, then the likely cause is that the batch file for the 3d models was not run. So if you didn't run the batch file as instructed, go do that and it should fix the problem.
It's work !! thank you I really appreciate it
canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 02:32 AM   #71
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

You're welcome.
Old 01-10-12, 01:59 PM   #72
huntman
Nub

Downloads: 95

Hi All,

I've a question about some settings in the dangerouswaters.ini file.
With the LWAMI 3.11 what value should we use for .PercentTorpsExplodeOnCM ?? (default is 50) and .PercentDeadPlatformsIgnored ?? (default is 10)

I remember for older LWAMI versions, it was recomended to use .PercentTorpsExplodeOnCM 100. Is this value still needed ?

Thank you
huntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-12, 02:53 PM   #73
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

The mod removes expendable CMs from ini control, so the only CM affected by the ini are towed decoys.

It's personal preference as to whether you want torpedoes to explode on towed decoys, but I think it makes life easier for the FFG if they do. Considering that towed decoys could have access to the ship's power supply, it is possible that a towed decoy could produce an EM field strong enough to fool a magnetic fuze on a torpedo, so this may be the more realistic option too.
Old 01-15-12, 02:26 PM   #74
theflash
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 15

Great, thank you!
theflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 06:37 PM   #75
Darkhunter
Watch

Downloads: 4

Alright guys, I could use some help. I've tried multiple routes and still no success with installing this.

I start with a fresh install of v1.04 for DW.

I copy/paste "Mods folder" and "JSGME.exe" into my DW folder.

I then go to "Mods/LWAMI Mod/Filetools" and run InstallStuff.bat. The command prompt in the InstallStuff.bat continuously reads "'cmputil' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

I launch JSGME anyways and select "LWAMI mod" to enable, yet if I try to enable any splash screens I receive the error: ""SPLASH.bmp" has already been altered by the "LwAmi_Mod" mod."

I launch the game with just Lwami mod enabled, do a quick mission, and when the mission starts the enemy sub models are missing. They appear as a contact on the map but won't appear visually. It seems this is due to the batch file not being run correctly (as indicated in the above post) but I've tried everything with that one and can't get it to run properly.

I'm likely doing something clearly wrong, but I can't figure it out. Could any of you assist?
Darkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote