SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-21, 02:18 PM   #1
KillerSpoon575
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter 4 Problems

I am having trouble even opening the game. I got the game on Steam, as it has always been a fascination to me as a child. I finally got it, but I am having several problems. Both 1.4 and 1.5 don't work, and I don't know why.

Edit: If you recognize me, that's because I posted to the forums yesterday about the game not working, as well.
Long story short, it worked once, then stopped working again. I can click "Play" on Steam to launch the game, but no window pops up, and trying to click "Stop" in Steam doesn't do anything. As far as I know, not even Task Manager can end the program. I moved the Steam folder out of my Programs x86 folder to try and fix the problem. It was only a temporary fix, however.

Edit 2: If anyone can help me figure out why the game isn't working for me, that would be great! I'm very new to the community, and I've always had a fascination of submarines, and I don't want some stupid technical problems stop me from living my childhood dream of playing this game.

Last edited by KillerSpoon575; 03-26-21 at 02:38 PM.
KillerSpoon575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 01:02 PM   #2
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Default THEBERBSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerSpoon575 View Post
I am having trouble even opening the game. I got the game on Steam, as it has always been a fascination to me as a child. I finally got it, but I am having several problems. Both 1.4 and 1.5 don't work, and I don't know why.

Edit: If you recognize me, that's because I posted to the forums yesterday about the game not working, as well.
Long story short, it worked once, then stopped working again. I can click "Play" on Steam to launch the game, but no window pops up, and trying to click "Stop" in Steam doesn't do anything. As far as I know, not even Task Manager can end the program. I moved the Steam folder out of my Programs x86 folder to try and fix the problem. It was only a temporary fix, however.

Edit 2: If anyone can help me figure out why the game isn't working for me, that would be great! I'm very new to the community, and I've always had a fascination of submarines, and I don't want some stupid technical problems stop me from living my childhood dream of playing this game.
Im not the most tech savvy, just came back to Subsim about a month ago. That said....
I have SH4 installed and working on two seperate win 10 computers. One is a dell laptop.

I also followed THEBERBSTER install instructions to a T so I highly recommend that. I also downloaded the Game from Amazon through the SUBSIM link.

1- a Good clean install
2-Follow THEBERBSTERs instructions carefully.
Old 03-28-21, 01:05 PM   #3
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

A. Stop cross posting.
B. Give us some time to work the problem.