SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-21, 01:13 PM   #1696
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boche View Post
Hi guys! one question. Has anyone found a fix for starting patrols at Bergen?

Everytime I try i always spawn slighly behind the uboat pen and on ground, leading to my death. I know its got something to do with moving the spawn coordinated but i dont know how to do that. Also starting patrol at sea leads me to the same outcome.

Thank you!

What year, what boat, which WAC-version?
To me it looks there is no problem with the Startposition in original WAC v5.2 Campaign_LND. The Startpoint in Bergen with a 7c-boat in 1942 and 43 works for me.

What do you mean with starting at sea? The use with Commander, or a separate Mod?
What i have seen so far there is a "WAC_5.0_Commander_light" with that option, but the related file "Start at sea.cfg" is empty. So i think with that constellation you will not see any difference in a "normal" Start and a "Start at Sea".

The Startpoint is always located in the Campaign_LND.mis. To change it you have to open that file with the SH3Missioneditor and move the related Harbor-point a bit in the right direction. This may need some more steps to find the right position. You have to use "Open LND Units" and "Save as LND units" in the Loading -Options. It may or may not needed to put the new coordinates (Lon Lat) also into the Flotilla.cfg.
Then you should put these changed files into a JSGME-drawer-structure under the same Name as the Originals.
For example
MODs (or whatever your MODs-folder-name is)\MyNewBergenStartpoint(or something like that)\data\Campaigns\Campaign\Campaign_LND.mis
and
...\data\cfg\Flotilla.cfg

HTH.
Hebe Vollmaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 01:41 PM   #1697
Boche
Watch

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post
What year, what boat, which WAC-version?
To me it looks there is no problem with the Startposition in original WAC v5.2 Campaign_LND. The Startpoint in Bergen with a 7c-boat in 1942 and 43 works for me.

What do you mean with starting at sea? The use with Commander, or a separate Mod?
What i have seen so far there is a "WAC_5.0_Commander_light" with that option, but the related file "Start at sea.cfg" is empty. So i think with that constellation you will not see any difference in a "normal" Start and a "Start at Sea".

The Startpoint is always located in the Campaign_LND.mis. To change it you have to open that file with the SH3Missioneditor and move the related Harbor-point a bit in the right direction. This may need some more steps to find the right position. You have to use "Open LND Units" and "Save as LND units" in the Loading -Options. It may or may not needed to put the new coordinates (Lon Lat) also into the Flotilla.cfg.
Then you should put these changed files into a JSGME-drawer-structure under the same Name as the Originals.
For example
MODs (or whatever your MODs-folder-name is)\MyNewBergenStartpoint(or something like that)\data\Campaigns\Campaign\Campaign_LND.mis
and
...\data\cfg\Flotilla.cfg

HTH.

I will see if I can upload a photo of my mods:

I started trying in late 44, early 45. I tried yesterday mid 43 and it still happens. All with VIICs.

Im going to try in 42 see what i get.
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 02:26 PM   #1698
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

In your mods list, better is today to play wac5.2 with DGUI 1920x1080 lighter and more stable than ARB

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=248596

ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 05:52 PM   #1699
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boche View Post
I will see if I can upload a photo of my mods:

I started trying in late 44, early 45. I tried yesterday mid 43 and it still happens. All with VIICs.

Im going to try in 42 see what i get.
Useless. If you dont change the related Mods, you will always get the same result. For short, your problem with Start from Bergen is "Pseudo Docking for WAC50". This is old. 2017 or older. Look here Post from ericlea #381 and HanSolo78 #385 in this thread.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...233626&page=26

As far as i know, the WAC5.0 at there release-date has no Campain-files integrated. All released Campaign-files for WAC50 where additional Mods. So the Start-position at Bergen must have enything to do with the original SH3 Bergen. This has been changed for WAC5.2. You are using a Mod which is not compatible with WAC5.2.

It is a known and widely used method to find such a problem, by de-activating each and every Mod, one at a time, as long as the problem is identified.
Old 03-10-21, 06:02 PM   #1700
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Useless. If you dont change the related Mods, you will always get the same result. For short, your problem with Start from Bergen is "Pseudo Docking for WAC50". This is old. 2017 or older. Look here Post from ericlea #381 and HanSolo78 #385 in this thread.

As far as i know, the WAC5.0 at there release-date has no Campain-files integrated. All released Campaign-files for WAC50 where additional Mods. So the Start-position at Bergen must have enything to do with the original SH3 Bergen. This has been changed for WAC5.2. You are using a Mod which is not compatible with WAC5.2.

It is a known and widely used method to find such a problem, by de-activating each and every Mod, one at a time, as long as the problem is identified.
One would assume that installing the pseudo dock as the 2nd mod before the 5.2 patch would solve the problem
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-21, 06:21 PM   #1701
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
One would assume that installing the pseudo dock as the 2nd mod before the 5.2 patch would solve the problem
Yes. True. If one would waste time and Disk-space.
I would get it out and forget it forever. It would be overwritten completely by the v52 update.

Its the same if one has the WAC Full 5.0 installed.
Then the update 5.1
and then the update 5.2

5.1 here would be useless.
Old 03-10-21, 06:46 PM   #1702
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 241

Quote:
Yes. True. If one would waste time and Disk-space.
I would get it out and forget it forever. It would be overwritten completely by the v52 update.

Its the same if one has the WAC Full 5.0 installed.
Then the update 5.1
and then the update 5.2

5.1 here would be useless.
Not necessarily true for every mod. Depends upon the contents of each update. I don't know the specifics of what is in 5.1 and 5.2, but there could be something in 5.1 that is not overwritten by 5.2.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 01:40 PM   #1703
midnightcrisis
Seaman

Downloads: 337

Best solution to play WAC with full Interiors for Type II, VII and IX (all the icons are working and Perizoom x12 are possible). On this point: many thanks to Diego_Gut for his awesome DGUI and Eric Lea for it's convertion to WAC.
midnightcrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 02:22 PM   #1704
Boche
Watch

Downloads: 37

Quote:

Removed the pseudo docking and worked like a charm!!! thank you very much for the info!
Boche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 05:12 AM   #1705
padi
Officer

Downloads: 126

Hi, is it possible to use the Stiebler add on together with WAC?
I´m trying to get it work but would ask if anybody knew of any incompatibility...

Join the Real ASW Mod Discord-Server:
https://discord.gg/Yg5ZE25
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-21, 11:57 PM   #1706
phooey
A-ganger

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
Hi, is it possible to use the Stiebler add on together with WAC?
I´m trying to get it work but would ask if anybody knew of any incompatibility...
Hey padi, any luck with that? I don't remember where, but in this thread HanSolo78 said he never played with stiebler patch on so you can test it however you want.
phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-21, 02:51 PM   #1707
padi
Officer

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
Hey padi, any luck with that? I don't remember where, but in this thread HanSolo78 said he never played with stiebler patch on so you can test it however you want.
Hi Phooney,

didn´t get that you answered.

I managed to get them working together after working in the files.

But I stumbled over a problem while working on the Real ASW Mod.

The Kingfisher produces a CTD for me (without Stiebler Add On), which could be reproduced on my other install of the mod.

To test simply create a SP-Mission with the ship and a player controlled sub.
Would be great if someone could try to reproduce it because I´m relatively sure that it isn´t because of my install and every other class by now works...

Join the Real ASW Mod Discord-Server:
https://discord.gg/Yg5ZE25
padi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-21, 11:54 AM   #1708
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi View Post
Hi Phooney,

didn´t get that you answered.

I managed to get them working together after working in the files.

But I stumbled over a problem while working on the Real ASW Mod.

The Kingfisher produces a CTD for me (without Stiebler Add On), which could be reproduced on my other install of the mod.

To test simply create a SP-Mission with the ship and a player controlled sub.
Would be great if someone could try to reproduce it because I´m relatively sure that it isn´t because of my install and every other class by now works...
Hi padi,
you have mail.

For the WAC-Kingfisher i use the complete Kingfisher-drawer out of CCoM12 in WAC.
But only for Testing porposes, i cannot really say i "use" WAC.
The reason is a Museum-Crash. So i find it is not needed to create a SinglePlayer-Mission to see that there is something wrong with this Ship in WAC.

Another Museum-Crash exist with the ATBS_Vildebeest.eqp and *.sns.

Greetings.
Old 09-13-21, 07:11 PM   #1709
shoiga
Helmsman

Downloads: 838

I installed WAC 5.1
But when shoot deck gun, there's not any smoke!

How to fix? or Is this correct?
shoiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-21, 09:50 AM   #1710
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Install WAC v5.2