SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-21, 06:24 AM   #1
Thinly Sliced Ham
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default Impenetrable Loading Screen Defense?

Howdy all!

I picked UBOAT on the recent steam sale, and I'm having a blast.

I did encounter one strange... bug? Interaction? I'm not sure if this is user error or not, so I figured I'd post here and get everyone's thoughts.

While closing in on a convoy, I cross into the red circle of the convoy instance, and trigger the "SC CONVOY" loading screen. After passing through the screen, (possibly gaining more accurate info on the target's location), the game realizes that I should not, in fact, be in the "SC CONVOY" instance, and then loads the "OPEN SEA" instance. Then, I charge forwards and try to enter the "SC CONVOY" instance, and the process repeats etc. etc. etc.

I spent a good 5 minutes being defeated by the loading screen defense, before realizing I was over my head. Any ideas of what's causing this issue? Are there steps I can take to break their "defenses" ? (Now that I think of it, I should've tried at 1x speed to see if it was a compression issue).

Here's a video to show the problem with more clarity:

Cheers all, and thanks for any help you can offer!
Thinly Sliced Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-21, 08:54 AM   #2
Hartroff
Seaman

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

I assume it is a compression issue for now.
Please also try x12 and x48 TC options. Normally we can't use x1800 TC when we have other ships around. Game basically doesn't allow it. Maybe your location is also important. I mean maybe you are somewhere between these 3: open sea, coast/strait and convoy. So these 3 together create this problem. Maybe.
Hartroff is offline   Reply With Quote