SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-03-19, 07:51 PM   #1
podunkpete
Sailor man

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0
Default Time Compression Enemy Warning

It's getting late and my eyes/brain are shot. Somewhere in these forums is a thread detailing how to drop out of time compression when an enemy is detected. I had modified my last install per the posting but at this hour my post scanning and search skills seem to be nill. Can anyone direct me to the post or where the settings are to drop out of time compress when an enemy is spotted and how to limit max time compression? It's a new install, but that's a long story. Thanks for any help.
podunkpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-19, 09:43 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The settings for Time Compression are in the "game folder / Data / Cfg / Main.cfg" file. Under most circumstances, the game will return you to 1x TC when an enemy is encountered. The higher the TC level, the longer in game time it takes though... If you are below a certain level of TC (16x?? 8x??), the game might not take you back to 1x though, so be careful of that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 05:02 PM   #3
podunkpete
Sailor man

Yup! That's it by golly. It was set to 8 at enemy contact, and since at this point most enemies are planes they certainly had an advantage while my slow fingers moved to get back to x1. I wonder if there's a way to hot key to normal time! Thanks again for the info. Much obliged!
Old 11-04-19, 07:14 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Depending upon Stock or the mod, the <Backspace> "pauses" the game at "0"TC, while some mods have the number keypad's <Enter> key set to send you back to 1xTC. You can also edit the "Data / Cfg / Commands.cfg" and do it yourself. I usually end up messing that up though, misplacing commas and semi-colons... so the Backspace is my key.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 05:10 PM   #5
podunkpete
Sailor man

Another tip I wish I had known sooner! My version was a download with no manual (that I can find.) I've noticed at times that when I'm travelling in time compression to a patrol zone the game will "Hiccup", after which a convoy will sometimes appear. I've learned to mouse to the lower corner and go to x1 if the game stutters, just in case. There aren't always targets, but you never know. Thanks again for the info!
Old 11-09-19, 02:48 AM   #6
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by podunkpete View Post
Another tip I wish I had known sooner! My version was a download with no manual (that I can find.) I've noticed at times that when I'm travelling in time compression to a patrol zone the game will "Hiccup", after which a convoy will sometimes appear. I've learned to mouse to the lower corner and go to x1 if the game stutters, just in case. There aren't always targets, but you never know. Thanks again for the info!
That’s what i call the hydrophone cheat...common to all silent hunter series, even with some powerful CPU & GPU
Can hiccup up to 2 seconds depending the spawning objects numbers and the time compression you are running on.
I can never miss a convoy spawning at 1024 TC.
Well if sometimes the AI can cheat to find you, we also can do as well
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote