Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-20, 12:19 PM   #1
rfxcasey
Bosun

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default UConnect Just Keeps Spinning

So I just installed Silent Hunter 5 Gold Edition. Let U Connect update the game and ran it no problem, game version 1.20. Now I just installed TWoS the latest version following all install instruction. Version 2.2.20, set U Connect to start in offline mode and not auto update games. Now when I start SH5, UConnect logs in but then I just get the UConnect loading screen with a spinny thing in the lower right corner that never goes away. HELP! No mods running in JSGME if that helps.
rfxcasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 12:28 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

rfxcasey! After a decade's silent run! Good help will arrive shortly!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 01:46 PM   #3
rfxcasey
Bosun

Awe man, this sucks, I deleted my TWoS install directory of SH5 and copied back in the entire original install I had backed up and it's doing the exact same thing when I try to launch the game. I'm wondering if the .Net update or Directx 9c install that TWoS did messed something up. I've rebooted my computer with a clean install of SH5 and it won't work now, it was working fine before the TWoS install attempt. Now I can't even play the vanilla version. Validated all game files and all checked out OK. Win 10 by the way.
Old 11-10-20, 03:16 PM   #4
rfxcasey
Bosun

OK, something strange is going on. Reinstalling the game didn't fix the problem so I uninstalled Ubisoft Connect and then reinstalled it. On first new start of Ubisoft Connect when launching the game the dialog says updating game Ubisoft Connect files, and the game actually launches and plays. Strange thing is, on second startup of the game it no longer launches and I have to reinstall Ubisoft Connect each time to get the game to play once and only once.
Old 11-10-20, 03:28 PM   #5
rfxcasey
Bosun

Yup, just did it again, played the game once, exit the game, then restart the game and stuck on Ubisoft Connect screen with progress spinner in lower right corner. Uninstalled Ubisoft Connect again, re installed it, launch the game and it works fine. Exit the game, re launch the game and it's broken again. Seems like something is wrong with the Ubisoft Connect software. I'm putting in a support ticket not that it'll do any good.
Old 11-10-20, 06:51 PM   #6
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

i would try to start the game though KSD and see what happens
Old 11-10-20, 07:18 PM   #7
rfxcasey
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
i would try to start the game though KSD and see what happens
Just got the game last night, KSD? Sorry, you're going to have to break it down for me a little more.
Old 11-10-20, 07:36 PM   #8
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

when you install twos should have ask you if you wanted to install KSD which is program like sh3 commander and though that you can launch sh5 when i do it on my it bypass even logging in on uplay whatever it call now
Old 11-10-20, 07:57 PM   #9
rfxcasey
Bosun

Quote:
when you install twos should have ask you if you wanted to install KSD which is program like sh3 commander and though that you can launch sh5 when i do it on my it bypass even logging in on uplay whatever it call now
OK, I found it and tried it, but when I hit the start button nothing happens.
Old 11-10-20, 08:13 PM   #10
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

did you try installing Uplay Download Version Fix For SH5 And TWoS if not here a link to it and directions https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=452
Old 11-10-20, 08:18 PM   #11
rfxcasey
Bosun

Tried a fresh install of SH5 and reinstall of the TWoS. During the install I'm getting an error now when the Generic File Patcher part comes up saying that the version of 'SH5.exe is a different version than expected'. The game is vs 1.20 so I don't know what the problem is.
Old 11-10-20, 08:31 PM   #12
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

The Generic File Patcher is looking for the dvd patch http://www.mediafire.com/file/s65f2i...5.exe.zip/file

Instructions.
Cut and paste the default SH5.exe to a convenient place.
Download the zip file into your SH5 game folder.
Unzip the file and use the Extract Tab.
Cut and paste the zip file to a convenient place, this is now your backup.
Check that the new SH5.exe is set to run as an administrator. hope this helps you
Old 11-10-20, 09:11 PM   #13
rfxcasey
Bosun

Quote:
The Generic File Patcher is looking for the dvd patch http://www.mediafire.com/file/s65f2i...5.exe.zip/file

Instructions.
Cut and paste the default SH5.exe to a convenient place.
Download the zip file into your SH5 game folder.
Unzip the file and use the Extract Tab.
Cut and paste the zip file to a convenient place, this is now your backup.
Check that the new SH5.exe is set to run as an administrator. hope this helps you
THANKS DUDE, YOU ARE AWESOME! Yeah, I guess that was a problem cause it's loading now and seems to be working fine. Couple of questions though, I have enabled a bunch of these JSGME mods that came with the TWoS pack, two in particular. So when I start the game, I save and then reload like it tells me to but this 'TWoS Campaign Advance Verifier_Testing' mod keeps telling me that it found a problem with my campaign advancement but to ignore if I'm entering or leaving the bunker, is that normal? Also, I'm getting horrible fish eye lense effect, I did in the vanilla game too. I'm running this 21:9 mod from the GSJME Mod Enabler, but it's still horrible. I'm on 2560x1080 resolution, is there any fix for this horrible fish eye effect?
Old 11-10-20, 09:31 PM   #14
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

glad you got it to work you don't need TWoS Campaign Advance Verifier_Testing' mod enable so you can disable that can you take a pic and post the horrible fish eye lense effect that your getting,you might try Boogie's Refit for TWOS v3.0 Complete and reshade see if that helps

Last edited by les green01; 11-10-20 at 10:09 PM.
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-20, 10:43 PM   #15
rfxcasey
Bosun

OK will do, one more weird thing, game seems to crash when I'm saving. Well, first time I tried to start a new patrol when as soon as I got on the sub it just crashed, but there was no crash report or anything, it's like it just immediately closed and went straight to desktop. Reloaded, tried again and I was able to get in the sub and pull out of the sub hanger. A little later I tried to save and it immediately closed and went to desktop again, is there something I'm doing wrong? I'll try disabling all mods in GSJME and see what happens.

Also, the fish eye thing, doesn't seem to be a problem in external camera mod, seems like the scene is rendered perfectly. It seems like it's when I'm in first person view, it's like I'm way zoomed back or something, any way to adjust the FOV in first person view? I'll post a pick.

Just double checked and yeah, crashing on save, I was out at sea when autosave kicked in and immediately crashed me to desktop, any idea why? Am I don't something wrong?