SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-13, 02:38 PM   #16
fithah4
Torpedoman

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

This looks just amazing ; nice graphics and blending of textures! And a lot of
detail included, very nice job indeed!
Can't wait to give this a trial run!

Fithah4
fithah4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 06:27 PM   #17
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
Elco? Why? as is known, he's already in the stock SH-IV. Or you want to he was redone?
I had originally thought that you meant playable PT boats.

I was kinda thinking of the Subsim PT Boat contest and the work that the guys over there have done. If you were planning on a playable Elco....

I guess I misunderstood. An overhaul of an Elco would be pretty...but not necessary.

You're doing beautiful work on your other models though and I'm excited to see where it goes.
Old 06-19-13, 02:55 PM   #18
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

fithah4, look the first post downstairs there is a downloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I was kinda thinking of the Subsim PT Boat contest and the work that the guys over there have done. If you were planning on a playable Elco....
I guess I misunderstood. An overhaul of an Elco would be pretty...but not necessary.
That's all right. perhaps this is my fault too. I only recently figured out. This topic is more suitable for the section "SH4 ATO Mods", because I was doing everything for SHIV U-Boat missions. Sorry, "I opened the wrong door". I almost brand new up here, my english is bad, I'm not sure what all I write, and all I read - I understand correctly, I'm just learning. But I try to study quickly.

I wanted to make more variety of torpedo boats in SH IV (not controllable player). In addition I wanted to make in game their influence and behavior more approached to the plausible. In a original add-on game everything is very poor with it: having met the PT-boat it is possible to shoot easily it from a deckgun, or if there is no deckgun - to dive and quietly to go away on a depth. It is very boring. While in reality PT-boats could operate against submarines in the coastal areas. they could be armed with the anti-submarine weapons, depth charges, start up torpedoes ... They could arrange more trouble for submarine (player) than it was in the UBM SHIV add-on game. All this I tried to add for PT-boat. In addition to that I was interested to implement a smokescreen effect.

Vosper - is the first result. Unfortunately, I have not tried fashion playable boats in the SH, and I can not imagine what it looks like ( the simulator PT-boat on simulator submarine.?).

I like the torpedo boats. Elco, Higgins, Schnellboot, Mas and others - each interesting - and it would be great to see all the historic types in the game. what will be after Vosper in the next project? - yet I don't know. Probably I will return to this subject and we will continue, but later.

Thank you all for your interest, suggestions, and support!
Best Regards!
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-13, 05:07 PM   #19
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosomaha View Post
That's all right. perhaps this is my fault too. I only recently figured out. This topic is more suitable for the section "SH4 ATO Mods", because I was doing everything for SHIV U-Boat missions. Sorry, "I opened the wrong door". I almost brand new up here, my english is bad, I'm not sure what all I write, and all I read - I understand correctly, I'm just learning. But I try to study quickly.

I wanted to make more variety of torpedo boats in SH IV (not controllable player). In addition I wanted to make in game their influence and behavior more approached to the plausible. In a original add-on game everything is very poor with it: having met the PT-boat it is possible to shoot easily it from a deckgun, or if there is no deckgun - to dive and quietly to go away on a depth. It is very boring. While in reality PT-boats could operate against submarines in the coastal areas. they could be armed with the anti-submarine weapons, depth charges, start up torpedoes ... They could arrange more trouble for submarine (player) than it was in the UBM SHIV add-on game. All this I tried to add for PT-boat. In addition to that I was interested to implement a smokescreen effect.

Vosper - is the first result. Unfortunately, I have not tried fashion playable boats in the SH, and I can not imagine what it looks like ( the simulator PT-boat on simulator submarine.?).

I like the torpedo boats. Elco, Higgins, Schnellboot, Mas and others - each interesting - and it would be great to see all the historic types in the game. what will be after Vosper in the next project? - yet I don't know. Probably I will return to this subject and we will continue, but later.

That's quite alright.

You're doing great work...but when you're done you should look at helping the guys in the contest thread do the Elco. I know they needed some help with modeling.
Old 06-27-13, 03:13 PM   #20
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
" it has the external torpedoes which haven't been hidden in apparatus. while I don't know how to make these torpedoes disappeared at startup. Does anybody have ideas?
Now I try to research Particle Generators, but it not too quickly."

If you find out how to do it, let me know. I need to model a UB-I submarine for my mod, with torpedoes that stick out from the bow. I don't know how to make them disappear after they are launched.
It's all in how you do the animations/timing stuff.
Old 06-29-13, 05:21 AM   #21
Rosomaha
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
It's all in how you do the animations/timing stuff.
Greetings, Privateer!

What kind of animation do you mean? Where is it located? Can write more detailed?
If is possible to make disappearance of a external shell (a torpedo, rockets) after a shot - is would be great.
Old 07-05-13, 02:23 PM   #22
Rosomaha
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
You're doing great work...but when you're done you should look at helping the guys in the contest thread do the Elco. I know they needed some help with modeling.
Do you mean this contest thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=193766 ?
I a bit looked screenshots - are very good models! Only I do not understand: a that project is suspended, completed, or in progress?
you can write to me about problems and what is needed help, my mail is open.
furthermore/

I have this high poly model of ELCO (not my production), taken from foreign colleagues

If need it just drop me a PM.

============================================

Now is my next work that I started long ago and with long intervals returned to him :

Old 11-02-20, 04:18 PM   #23
yubba
Admiral

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 2
Default How did I miss this

going to download ad take a peek
yubba is offline   Reply With Quote