SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-10, 05:06 PM   #61
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea00cy View Post
I love your work, Markman!

Regards, rea00cy
hi Rea00cy,

not sure what you mean with the digital clock but there is no space for a rounded clock at the console.if you mean to make the hour appearing on the dragable stopwatch (like sh4 style) well, this may be possible but i think that this clock will be confusing (with all these needles speaning around). one question: do you really ever look at the time there ?

about the pointer of huge compass : read the readme ...it will answer all your questions

about the diameter of obs scope : i didn't change it at this last patch.you can see the scope at the first post

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 04-19-10, 01:54 PM   #62
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

Hi Makman,

I was using an elder version of this mod. Was thinking to install
the hitman gui this morning but i missed the "scheibe".
This afternoon i installed the 3.1 version of your mod.
One big WOW. I really enjoy it and all textures / figures are
better readable.

Thank you very much for your professional work
Old 04-20-10, 08:56 PM   #63
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by java`s revenge View Post
Hi Makman,

I was using an elder version of this mod. Was thinking to install
the hitman gui this morning but i missed the "scheibe".
This afternoon i installed the 3.1 version of your mod.
One big WOW. I really enjoy it and all textures / figures are
better readable.

Thank you very much for your professional work
thank you too Java

enjoy it ....

Old 04-22-10, 12:01 AM   #64
rea00cy
Loader

Downloads: 337
Default I can't live w/o this mod...

...but neither do I with some other "immersion-promoting" mods like the ones listed on this JSGME capture (I would like to thank Brett25 for this list of mods plus a solution to make them working):

There, you can also read the incompats brought by my attempt to enable MaGui 3 on top of that list.
On the other hand, Markman has created a a "FM-NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3" mod that according to some post # 22 in this thread addresses most of those incompats; with the exception of those related to the CT Open Hatch mod (those related to Urfisch's are .tga files, not so important. Am I right? If not forgive my ignorance)
Here's is another capture showing JSGME warnings while enabling this last fix:

Anyway, the game loaded (career, several tests) and apparently runs OK, with the exception of some very immersion-promoting features of the CT OH mod. What I really miss a lot are those xtra clickable points/dials and CT/bridge opened hatches (other hatches and doors worked OK) brought by that mod.
Unfortunately, a solution to this problem is way out of my skills and understanding.
Can someone come to the rescue, please?
Old 04-22-10, 12:49 AM   #65
Darkbluesky
Sparky

Downloads: 61

Hello makman94, I have seen the update 3.1 and wanted to congratulate you. There are quite some things I like very much, but on the other hand I have some questions:

1- I didn't know that the obs scope had these "black bars" on top and bottom of it, was it as that IRL? I wonder if it is a mask, and so if maybe, could I remove it myself (even if it becomes less realistic)?

2- Maybe the size of the obs periscope is more correct, but I miss so much the big size of the MaGUI 3 version (I loved your big obs scope!). At side that it shows more, it felt so different from the attack one, it was so quick and easy to differentiate/identify from the attack scope for me... I really would like to put back the big obs scope but without lossing the last nice additions you has put into the 3.1 version. I wondered also if I could do it myself, if so could you point me to what needs to be changed, pls?

3-And last. The bearing indicator at the top, in the yellow rectangle, sure is a very nice feature because it allows you to see clearer the bearing (and probably more realistic?), but for me it breaks a little the color balance of periscope screen, it is too evident. So I guess I have 3 options, repaint the yellow thing with another, more discrete (maybe more unrealistic, though) color, the second one, to move the bearing indicator to other place and change color, but I don't know where it could go (there is no place with the big scope and I guess it'd make no sense to put it at a side), and the third one: still better (I prefer this one), to put it back as it was in the 3.0 version. Is it too difficult for me?

These are no critics, it is mainly my own taste and way of playing. Thank you sincerely for your really wonderful work and continued efforts!. When I first saw it I was in love with your UI and I don't look anymore to others.

Thanks

Last edited by Darkbluesky; 04-22-10 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-23-10, 07:51 AM   #66
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rea00cy View Post
...but neither do I with some other "immersion-promoting" mods like the ones listed on this JSGME capture (I would like to thank Brett25 for this list of mods plus a solution to make them working):

There, you can also read the incompats brought by my attempt to enable MaGui 3 on top of that list.
On the other hand, Markman has created a a "FM-NI_Fix_for_MaGui 3" mod that according to some post # 22 in this thread addresses most of those incompats; with the exception of those related to the CT Open Hatch mod (those related to Urfisch's are .tga files, not so important. Am I right? If not forgive my ignorance)
Here's is another capture showing JSGME warnings while enabling this last fix:

Anyway, the game loaded (career, several tests) and apparently runs OK, with the exception of some very immersion-promoting features of the CT OH mod. What I really miss a lot are those xtra clickable points/dials and CT/bridge opened hatches (other hatches and doors worked OK) brought by that mod.
Unfortunately, a solution to this problem is way out of my skills and understanding.
Can someone come to the rescue, please?
hi Rea00cy,

talking about compatibilities is an endless story ...
as i have said i will give you a 'fix' to make MaGui compatible with ''CT Open Hatch mod'' which i also believe is a great mod ! but i am just waiting the FINAL version of Lucagaeta's mod (also i am bit 'lost' at his thread and can't figure out what is its current version)
once he give us its final version i will release a the 'fix' for its mod
two files needs adjustments : the commands_en and the cameras.dat
if you can't wait and want to try make it yourself,i have made a thread giving instructions on how to make your gui (not only MaGui) compatible with these kind of mods ( the thread is called "how to make your gui compatible with FM_NI mod'' or something like that ...do a search)
it is not difficult ...give it a try

bye

Old 04-23-10, 07:55 AM   #67
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbluesky View Post
Hello makman94, I have seen the update 3.1 and wanted to congratulate you. There are quite some things I like very much, but on the other hand I have some questions:

1- I didn't know that the obs scope had these "black bars" on top and bottom of it, was it as that IRL? I wonder if it is a mask, and so if maybe, could I remove it myself (even if it becomes less realistic)?

2- Maybe the size of the obs periscope is more correct, but I miss so much the big size of the MaGUI 3 version (I loved your big obs scope!). At side that it shows more, it felt so different from the attack one, it was so quick and easy to differentiate/identify from the attack scope for me... I really would like to put back the big obs scope but without lossing the last nice additions you has put into the 3.1 version. I wondered also if I could do it myself, if so could you point me to what needs to be changed, pls?

3-And last. The bearing indicator at the top, in the yellow rectangle, sure is a very nice feature because it allows you to see clearer the bearing (and probably more realistic?), but for me it breaks a little the color balance of periscope screen, it is too evident. So I guess I have 3 options, repaint the yellow thing with another, more discrete (maybe more unrealistic, though) color, the second one, to move the bearing indicator to other place and change color, but I don't know where it could go (there is no place with the big scope and I guess it'd make no sense to put it at a side), and the third one: still better (I prefer this one), to put it back as it was in the 3.0 version. Is it too difficult for me?

These are no critics, it is mainly my own taste and way of playing. Thank you sincerely for your really wonderful work and continued efforts!. When I first saw it I was in love with your UI and I don't look anymore to others.

Thanks
hi Darkbluesky,
thank you for your kind words
the obs scope ,according to the infos that exists has indeed these black areas even today
i haven't finished yet with the scopes so wait and you will see !

bye

Old 04-23-10, 12:30 PM   #68
rea00cy
Loader

Downloads: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hi Rea00cy,

if you can't wait and want to try make it yourself,i have made a thread giving instructions on how to make your gui (not only MaGui) compatible with these kind of mods ( the thread is called "how to make your gui compatible with FM_NI mod'' or something like that ...do a search)
it is not difficult ...give it a try. bye
I'm totally ignorant about these issues but I'll will give it a try. Thanks for your advice.

rea00cy
Old 04-25-10, 06:52 PM   #69
KL-alfman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 86

just want to express my sincerest thanks for this mod, Makman!
it's not only beautiful but helps a lot with manual plotting and targetting.
great work
Old 04-29-10, 09:34 PM   #70
makman94
Hellas

some very interesting data ''arrived'' and MaGui is updated again !

MaGui 3.2 is out !

check the first post,is updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL-alfman View Post
just want to express my sincerest thanks for this mod, Makman!
it's not only beautiful but helps a lot with manual plotting and targetting.
great work
thank you very much KL-alfman

Old 04-30-10, 02:16 AM   #71
Tobias99
Seaman

Downloads: 52

mankman94, first!..lt me say you makes a brilliant work!! I can`t find better words for your works, fantastic!

Please, i have one question..
I have your MEPv3 from your ff-site downloadet and i have activated with the supermod LSHv5..
Is this compatible? It seens like it work together, but how is it with sensors and the other things like detected etc..??

best Regards
Old 04-30-10, 03:35 AM   #72
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias99 View Post
I have your MEPv3 from your ff-site downloadet and i have activated with the supermod LSHv5..
Is this compatible? It seens like it work together, but how is it with sensors and the other things like detected etc..??

best Regards
Sorry, that I answer, but why do not use the "LSH3_V5_ENV_MEP" MOD ? It is an Add-On specially adapted to LSH v5 and based on MEP v3 ! YouŽll find it here: http://www.lsh3.com/v5/mods.html (the second MOD from the top).

Best regards,
Magic
Old 04-30-10, 04:01 AM   #73
Tobias99
Seaman

Downloads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Sorry, that I answer, but why do not use the "LSH3_V5_ENV_MEP" MOD ? It is an Add-On specially adapted to LSH v5 and based on MEP v3 ! YouŽll find it here: http://www.lsh3.com/v5/mods.html (the second MOD from the top).

Best regards,
Magic
im lucky for each helpfully Answer,

i think (but perhaps i feel wrong) the MEPv3 looks a little better than LSH3_V5 ENV_MEP, thats the reason for my question, at the moment i dont know how its compatible.
Old 04-30-10, 02:56 PM   #74
SkyBaron
Lieutenant

Downloads: 673
Uploads: 2

Hi makman94, thanks for your work on this GUI. I love the "rusty" feel you gave to it.
I'm having a problem with both periscopes, the "crosshair"(for lack of the right term) is out of place I guess:

I only have Sh3+GWX and your gui 3.2 installed. Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 04-30-10, 04:34 PM   #75
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
some very interesting data ''arrived'' and MaGui is updated again !

MaGui 3.2 is out !

check the first post,is updated

thank you very much KL-alfman
Many thanks for the new Version makman !

Best regards,
Magic