Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-30-09, 12:04 PM   #121
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochem View Post
Hi ZW,

I experiment a critical error when I launch the game using the mod.
I installed ZW installer to a fresh install of Tiger vs T34.

Critical error

[ScriptManager] Duplicate class "Cu_veh_t34_85_44ModelSkin" definition.

I'm using a french version of Tiger vs T34 I have bought there is some months ago in a Games Store in France.

What do you suggest ? Do I have to use an english version of Tiger vs T34 to make the mod to work ?

Thanks for help and many thousands for your devotion for this Tank Sim. Hope we will be very numberous to help you to realize your dream !

Best regards,

joch
I am in the need of more data on whether the non-English version will have
compatibility issues. But with the limited information you submit I would first
tell you to un-install T34 vs Tiger and make sure you delete everything
if any files, directories and sub-directories.
Then install a T vs T again. Play it make sure it's working well as a default
install. Then install using the Automatic Installation version.

Then let me know,

Regards
ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 01:47 PM   #122
Jochem
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 245
Uploads: 0

With a clean install of my french version, I experimented always the same error. So, I installed an english version and...all is working ******** well !!! Thanks a lot ZW ! I tell your more later !

<< "Quod me non necat me fortiorem facit"...

Last edited by Jochem; 12-30-09 at 02:00 PM.
Jochem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 02:40 PM   #123
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochem View Post
With a clean install of my french version, I experimented always the same error. So, I installed an english version and...all is working ******** well !!! Thanks a lot ZW ! I tell your more later !
That's wonderful Jochem!
Thank you,
ZeeWolf
Old 12-31-09, 09:52 AM   #124
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
New PM and Very Happy New Year!

|Greetings ZW, I have sent you another ||PM.Have a very happy and successful New Year and may all your enterprises be fruitful and rewarding.

Looking forward to your work and talking to you.

Regards

Frnik.

Happy New Year to all of you fellow SIM lovers.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-10, 06:39 PM   #125
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
|Greetings ZW, I have sent you another ||PM.Have a very happy and successful New Year and may all your enterprises be fruitful and rewarding.

Looking forward to your work and talking to you.

Regards

Frnik.

Happy New Year to all of you fellow SIM lovers.
Likewise Kamerad Frinik

ZW
Old 01-03-10, 09:27 PM   #126
trek
Sailor man

Downloads: 610

I've had TVT since November 2008 also. I'm running Vista 32-bit and a killer gaming pc, I can run Crisis on max settings.

I'm having the same crash on the last German mission too. I just replayed it again and after taking out six T34s in front of me and two behind me I advanced forward hidden by the large hill on the right and some distance from the fork in the road.

Like a good Tiger commander I always use as much distance and try to take out my targets at long-range. I took out the two AT guns on the hill as well.

As I advanced closer to the road fork, that is when my game freezes. I've had no freezes on any other German or Russian missions, so I would agree with the coding bug on this particular mission.

I've also not been able to use the Zee_Mod and I've tried every method listed here (see my other thread and conversations with ZeeWolf and Mikhayl).

I think some of these Mods also have problems with Vista 32-bit on certain PCs and graphic cards, mine (ATI Radeon 4850).

I've had somewhat the same problem with Steel Fury. I was able to successfully install the Steel Panzer Mod v1.4 and the Hetzer-Panther and Tiger 0.97 Mod.

For some reason the Winter Beta Mod and the T34-85 Campaign Mod will not work.

Computers as a breed are strange and at the same time wonderful machines to behold.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-10, 10:54 PM   #127
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
I've had TVT since November 2008 also. I'm running Vista 32-bit and a killer gaming pc, I can run Crisis on max settings.

I'm having the same crash on the last German mission too. I just replayed it again and after taking out six T34s in front of me and two behind me I advanced forward hidden by the large hill on the right and some distance from the fork in the road.

Like a good Tiger commander I always use as much distance and try to take out my targets at long-range. I took out the two AT guns on the hill as well.

As I advanced closer to the road fork, that is when my game freezes. I've had no freezes on any other German or Russian missions, so I would agree with the coding bug on this particular mission.

I've also not been able to use the Zee_Mod and I've tried every method listed here (see my other thread and conversations with ZeeWolf and Mikhayl).

I think some of these Mods also have problems with Vista 32-bit on certain PCs and graphic cards, mine (ATI Radeon 4850).

I've had somewhat the same problem with Steel Fury. I was able to successfully install the Steel Panzer Mod v1.4 and the Hetzer-Panther and Tiger 0.97 Mod.

For some reason the Winter Beta Mod and the T34-85 Campaign Mod will not work.

Computers as a breed are strange and at the same time wonderful machines to behold.
It's really hard to pin down some times trek but these kinds of problems can be from any number of sources. The two that I would start with is video then sound.
Because there is a post by rowdied that had trouble and the fact he never did resolve it on the computer that was running his ATI Radeon 4850 I took special note when you said you had the ATI Radeon 4870. So I would start there.
Then from there the freeze in mission 6 also seems to (just guessing) coincide with the start of the convoy (90sec from start) and that is what maybe a point of interest because of the sudden truck accelleration sound produced. So that is why I would mension sound of course.

Video: adjust the parameters for the card in the ATI console.
Sound: card unknown.

ZeeWolf
Old 01-04-10, 01:33 AM   #128
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Re 6th German Mission & Steel Fury

Hello trek,

I used to experience the same problem with the 6th German mission. I also believe like you and KDf that it's a coding error.My solution - which I posted last week to KDF - is to avoid the main road in order to successfully complete the mission.I have been able to do it three times by going left after taking out the first 2 AT guns and the couple of T34s in front and the other 3 sneaking up your back. For the remainder of the mission I attack the Sovs from the rear and take them out including the last very well defended outpost with Su76, At guns, T34s and trucks infantry.Then I get a mission ended successfull message with the prompt to press tab.Otherwise yesterday I tried to complete that mission through the main road and I crashed just after taking out 2 T34s past the tank wrecks( T34s and PzIVs).This confirms that there's a built-in error in the game.

Re Steel Fury I have the T 34-85, the Winter and even T60 mods installed and working successfully.Since this is out of topic ,I would suggest we talk on the Steel Fury Thread instead

Cheers

Frinik
Old 01-04-10, 01:49 AM   #129
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Re ATI Radeon

Trek, ZeeWolf, I have 2 installs of TvsT34; one with vista premium and an Nvidia 7000(256 mb dedicated) gc and the other with vista HE and an ATI Radeon 3650(512 mb dedicated) and both games crash at the same place when I use the main road. I don't think it's a graphic card issue or even a Vista one because I have read threads about people with XP installed and also crashing that 6th mission.It's definitely an error in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
It's really hard to pin down some times trek but these kinds of problems can be from any number of sources. The two that I would start with is video then sound.
Because there is a post by rowdied that had trouble and the fact he never did resolve it on the computer that was running his ATI Radeon 4850 I took special note when you said you had the ATI Radeon 4870. So I would start there.
Then from there the freeze in mission 6 also seems to (just guessing) coincide with the start of the convoy (90sec from start) and that is what maybe a point of interest because of the sudden truck accelleration sound produced. So that is why I would mension sound of course.

Video: adjust the parameters for the card in the ATI console.
Sound: card unknown.

ZeeWolf
Old 01-04-10, 02:53 AM   #130
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Trek, ZeeWolf, I have 2 installs of TvsT34; one with vista premium and an Nvidia 7000(256 mb dedicated) gc and the other with vista HE and an ATI Radeon 3650(512 mb dedicated) and both games crash at the same place when I use the main road. I don't think it's a graphic card issue or even a Vista one because I have read threads about people with XP installed and also crashing that 6th mission.It's definitely an error in the game.

I'll fix it then when I have time to focus on it. I already have a good idea what it could be and I am sure I'll find the bug. Again be patient.

ZeeWolf
Old 01-04-10, 08:30 AM   #131
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

just had it happen, "...no longer responding and has to close..." near the knocked out PzIV and 2 t34s, and just started to engage 3 others further up the road

ASUS M3A32MVP dlx/wifi; 955BE @3.4ghz; ASUS EAH3870/Sapphire HD3870 x-fired; X-Fi Fatal1ty; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR2; WD3200KS, WD800JD; x18 DVR212D; XPSP3

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Capt. Shark Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 08:56 AM   #132
trek
Sailor man

Downloads: 610

Ok, I played the last German mission last night and got further than I ever have. I got past the crossroads after taking out the two AT guns on the first hill by the building and seven T34s in the front and rear of my position. From there I advanced further up the road and took out numerous T34s and SP guns. I killed 11 enemy tanks before being killed by a T34 hidden in the forest. I was 75% through the mission.

I'm starting to think avoiding a PC crash is all about pacing. After killing the Tanks in front of me and in the rear I continued down to the first road fork and killed the AT guns on the hill. I was driving just to the right of the road surface. I did all my control movements and advances slow and methodically, stopping every other minute and scanning the distance. I also paused the game several times.

On previous plays of this mission I hit my control keys rapidly and got crashes each time. Anyway, for what its' worth, this is my theory. I'll know for sure when I repeat this method on replay of the mission tonight.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 04:04 PM   #133
KdF
Loader

I made it almost thru once, a long time ago, only by going left after the initial engagement about 4 clicks way atop the hills and turning right in thru the forrest to engage the three tanks in the far fields. I thought I had it licked, but I still locked up and I still think it's coding , as the coulm of Germans moving seems to be the lock-up. No-one seemed to believe me, but noiw I feel vindicated as it does happen to others in here. As I am running a NIVIDIA chipset, Video and such, we now see it locks up with Radeons as well as other MB/Video arrangements. I shall now dissappear again and wait and see.
KdF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 04:19 PM   #134
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdF View Post
I made it almost thru once, a long time ago, only by going left after the initial engagement about 4 clicks way atop the hills and turning right in thru the forrest to engage the three tanks in the far fields. I thought I had it licked, but I still locked up and I still think it's coding , as the coulm of Germans moving seems to be the lock-up. No-one seemed to believe me, but noiw I feel vindicated as it does happen to others in here. As I am running a NIVIDIA chipset, Video and such, we now see it locks up with Radeons as well as other MB/Video arrangements. I shall now dissappear again and wait and see.

You are vindicated KdF and am sorry about any jump to judgment. It will take some time to straighten this out meanwhile I will certainly welcome some more input on this issue.

ZeeWolf
Old 01-04-10, 07:24 PM   #135
Capt. Shark Bait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3

went thru it agasin and got a bit further. managed to destroy the 3 t34 in ambush from behind, went the long way around on the road to the left and when the rest ofthe zug caight up to me, that's when it crashed. i'm wondering if there's something in that area, where the PzIV and abandoned t34s are, and your own tanks/trucks/halftracks that's causing some kind of conflict. if they hand't caught up woth me, i think i coulda finished it

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus 7870; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; coolmax CUG950B 950w psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 7SP1
Capt. Shark Bait is offline   Reply With Quote