SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-19, 09:35 AM   #8491
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Out of curiosity was there a conclusion on why you think the planes ignore the boats now, with the exception of "Betty"?...
The problem is the Visual timing, so we have adjusted that, but are attempting some further "fine-tuning" now. The range of the 20mm is what dictates what you can "hit" when shooting. As the game stands, that is like 1400-1600 yards - rather close in if you don't manage to shoot down the plane, cause a bomb-drop there results in a "hit" on your sub... But we have it much better now, but we just want to get it as good as we can before release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkhen20 View Post
i was asking because with some mods there is a key to push to either show the flag or not to show it. ive heard that uboats would take it down when heading out to patrol and when in port would fly the flag. so id assume the US subs commanders would do the same correct ?
FotRSU does not have a raise/lower flag mod, but we have been debating whether to include a work-around. Part of the problem is that the game only has so many "raise / lower" and similar commands available, and they are all in use at this time in the game. To do a work-around though, the game would require a Save and Exit, change the enabled mods, then reload the Saved game. We have not begun work on that though.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 10:04 AM   #8492
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 0

Gato August 1943 no longer using fuel. Stays at 100%

August 1943 Home port Brisbane just received the Balao. SJ radar only no improved SJ and it only gave me a 3 inch gun no option for a 4 or 5 inch. Saved game and exit.

Went back into the game and loaded the save ... now improved SJ is offered and 4 inch deck gun is offered.

Nothing changed between leaving and going in. Any clue why the game does this?

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Last edited by merc4ulfate; 08-31-19 at 10:30 AM.
merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-19, 11:19 AM   #8493
propbeanie

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do... the game is borked... - but seriously, the "clock" in the game is very strange, and sometimes needs a "kick in the breeches" to get it to update. Witness what happens when you come into port after a patrol. You'll see a "date" for your next assignment, which then gets updated when you actually start the next patrol. If you look in the "Save / Load" dialog screen, you'll see two Saves, one for entering, and one for leaving port. You yourself saving, exiting, restarting and reloading forces an update to that also. I suppose the devs had to "draw a line" somewhere for dating purposes. We should probably make a note of that in the mod's documentation [note-to-self, which I will probably lose]... Look at what happens when you Transfer. You immediately go to the next home port, yet you are assigned an old home port mission - Stock or Modded. Why not keep the player at the first home port, and when they depart, ~then~ assign the new home port? All tests I have done on that aspect yield the same result - you move first, keeping the old assignment. Then you are back to "normal" - sort of...

Old 08-31-19, 11:25 AM   #8494
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The problem is the Visual timing, so we have adjusted that, but are attempting some further "fine-tuning" now. The range of the 20mm is what dictates what you can "hit" when shooting. As the game stands, that is like 1400-1600 yards - rather close in if you don't manage to shoot down the plane, cause a bomb-drop there results in a "hit" on your sub... But we have it much better now, but we just want to get it as good as we can before release. :
You should be getting 4000-7000 yard range out of a 20mm at elevation.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 08-31-19, 11:39 AM   #8495
propbeanie

Quote:
You should be getting 4000-7000 yard range out of a 20mm at elevation.
Several settings were altered so that the DD didn't shoot torpedoes at the player's sub so soon... We might try to alter that later, but it is another "balancing act" getting things set somewhat "correct", so that the torpedoes still "hit" a target sometimes, yet still afford the player at least a few moments with the scope up before having them launched at them.

Old 08-31-19, 06:55 PM   #8496
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Several settings were altered so that the DD didn't shoot torpedoes at the player's sub so soon... We might try to alter that later, but it is another "balancing act" getting things set somewhat "correct", so that the torpedoes still "hit" a target sometimes, yet still afford the player at least a few moments with the scope up before having them launched at them.
I see them quite often less than a 1000 yards with the scope up 10-15 seconds. I find them fun to avoid. Especially when coming from more than one direction. To bad we can model the circling dive pattern thy had.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 09-01-19, 07:17 PM   #8497
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

REPORT:

October 9 got to go check the year again. Sibutu Passage 2200. Balao class with Mark 16 load out.

I found a Task force consisting of both Fuso and Yamashiro battleships.

I fired 6 torpedoes into the Yamashiro and they all ... went through it. All passed through the hull and out the other side without detonation. I fished two other ships to make sure it wasn't a fluke and they all hit but nothing hits the Yamashiro.

Thought I would let you know about that bug.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Last edited by merc4ulfate; 09-02-19 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-01-19, 09:01 PM   #8498
propbeanie

- confirmed... I shot 14s & 18s at it, impact and magnetic, and neither "saw" the ship, and just went on swimming, most going through, but two magnetics going under, and no reports of "dud" torpedoes...

Thanks for the report merc4ulfate! We'll get it patched-up to where it does not have hologram sides...

The ship is a full Fuso clone, and the zon file is not linked to the dat at all...

Old 09-02-19, 03:18 AM   #8499
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
REPORT:

October 9 got to go check the year again. Sibutu Passage 2200. Balao class with Mark 16 load out.

I found a Task force consisting of both Fuso and Yamashiro battleships.

I fired 6 torpedoes into the Yamashiro and they all ... went through it. All pasted through the hull and out the other side without detonation. I fished two other ships to make sure it wasn't a fluke and they all hit but nothing hits the Yamashiro.

Thought I would let you know about that bug.
Quote:
- confirmed... I shot 14s & 18s at it, impact and magnetic, and neither "saw" the ship, and just went on swimming, most going through, but two magnetics going under, and no reports of "dud" torpedoes...

Thanks for the report merc4ulfate! We'll get it patched-up to where it does not have hologram sides...

The ship is a full Fuso clone, and the zon file is not linked to the dat at all...
Fixed guys...

Mod author had not completed the links from the dat to the copied zon file.
File is in area 51 Pb - see PM.

Fired 9 torps, 2 were duds, gave them a good spread and after 7 hits, she sailed away!!!!

Last edited by s7rikeback; 09-02-19 at 04:59 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 06:45 PM   #8500
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Fixed guys...

Mod author had not completed the links from the dat to the copied zon file.
File is in area 51 Pb - see PM.

Fired 9 torps, 2 were duds, gave them a good spread and after 7 hits, she sailed away!!!!
WHAT?? 7 Hits? What did you use Mark 10's?

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 09-02-19, 10:21 PM   #8501
propbeanie

Naw, just a properly linked zon file so that the impact would "report"... - in my testing with the beast, I finally gave up after nine hits and it was still doing 5 knots, down just a pinch on the port bow, and apparently a jammed rudder stuck to where it constantly turned at about 2°. Since it's just a test, I quit... that was nine detonations, one dud. I didn't want to have to wait for all the reloads. Either the Yamashiro has a much improved damage repair team over what the Fuso has, or the crew is set to Elite... wait a minute... maybe I will try another test with it. Surely it will sink...

Old 09-03-19, 07:30 AM   #8502
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Naw, just a properly linked zon file so that the impact would "report"... - in my testing with the beast, I finally gave up after nine hits and it was still doing 5 knots, down just a pinch on the port bow, and apparently a jammed rudder stuck to where it constantly turned at about 2°. Since it's just a test, I quit... that was nine detonations, one dud. I didn't want to have to wait for all the reloads. Either the Yamashiro has a much improved damage repair team over what the Fuso has, or the crew is set to Elite... wait a minute... maybe I will try another test with it. Surely it will sink...
I found it in 1943. I thought maybe it had spawn to early and just didn't register. Until the next release I just won't shoot at it. That was the first time I had ever seen it. I know it was part of the Southern force at Leyte Gulf so maybe I will see it again.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 09-05-19, 11:05 PM   #8503
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345

so while at sea looking at my sub cutting through some waves i noticed it wasnt really moving alot and seemed stiff among the rolling tall waves. honestly there are a few things. not too much of a complaint either but ive also noticed my fuel goes down very very very slowly on my Tambor class and if i check range at current speed while maintaining STD it just climbs up higher the more i push the button. so my next question might seem to be out there or stupid but is this a stand alone mod youve created or am i supposed to "add" this to FOTRS original mod or TMO ? because right now its the only mod i have installed.
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 07:27 AM   #8504
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Quote:
so while at sea looking at my sub cutting through some waves i noticed it wasnt really moving alot and seemed stiff among the rolling tall waves. honestly there are a few things. not too much of a complaint either but ive also noticed my fuel goes down very very very slowly on my Tambor class and if i check range at current speed while maintaining STD it just climbs up higher the more i push the button. so my next question might seem to be out there or stupid but is this a stand alone mod youve created or am i supposed to "add" this to FOTRS original mod or TMO ? because right now its the only mod i have installed.
This is stand alone and should not be ran with any other mod. The modders have created and culmination of different aspects of other mod and worked very hard to have a one mod addition. The work they have done is really extraordinary. In the end however it is still a work in progress the mod is not finished so my suggestion is to keep playing it and report any bugs you might find here in this forum so they will know about it and check it out.

This is the latest version and is a public Beta. Let them know in this forum anything you find or suggestions you might have.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5108

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

Old 09-06-19, 08:40 AM   #8505
propbeanie

Quote:
We hope we have the fuel usage more "realistic" for the next release, but not so much as to have the Sboat captains running out of fuel near the Kuriles or off Formosa or China, due to earthly distortion of the Mercator projection of the NavMap. We are finalizing the BB Yamashiro damage zon (see above), and then the hand-off to RR and release - unless someone else finds something more that's "broken"... - as merc4ulfate says though, no other mods, put FotRSU in a "clean" game install and be sure and empty your Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) prior to starting the game with the mod activated.