SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-04-12, 09:50 AM   #46
andqui
Soundman

Downloads: 195
Uploads: 0

Great mod!

Can you recommend anything about the distance aircraft are spotted at, per your last comment? I'm currently using your unofficial rocket fix for GWX, which (I believe) adjusts the detection probabilities for the RWR, throwing in some late detection and uncertainty. Is there anything similar that can be done to the visual sensors? You are right in that now, as long as you dive immediately, aircraft aren't really a threat, simply because you always spot them at time. I have never been suddenly ambushed by a plane- I have always been able to detect it early through RWR or lookouts.
andqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-12, 10:46 AM   #47
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by andqui View Post
Great mod!

Can you recommend anything about the distance aircraft are spotted at, per your last comment? I'm currently using your unofficial rocket fix for GWX, which (I believe) adjusts the detection probabilities for the RWR, throwing in some late detection and uncertainty. Is there anything similar that can be done to the visual sensors? You are right in that now, as long as you dive immediately, aircraft aren't really a threat, simply because you always spot them at time. I have never been suddenly ambushed by a plane- I have always been able to detect it early through RWR or lookouts.
Hi andqui,

I´m devoloping a new mod to try to fix it (or at least make it work better). As you said and noticed, in RL it was exactly the opposite. The aircrafts were frequently a dangerous thread because their detection were frequently uncertain and sometimes too late.

The idea is to add a new separate visual sensor for each uboat just to detect planes (anything more than 10m above water). This way the ship detection will stay as it is, untouched (only that the actual visual sensor will only detect at 10m high max now, so no airplane detection at all). This new Visual_airplane sensor to be added will then detect at high levels but at short distance, we will have freedom to adjust it without interfer with anything more. I´m confident that this will work. I will have more info on it in some days ahead.

The RWR sensibility and properties is absolutelly moddable as we want since now.

Also the fix for propellers issue with diesel/engines sounds and that propeller wake that didn´t stop even after propellers destruction is going ok with good results. Let´s see on the next days...
Old 09-04-12, 12:28 PM   #48
sublynx
Sea Lord

Location: In the conning tower of my VIIC scanning the sea through the periscope
Downloads: 173
Uploads: 7

Thanks a lot for this great addition to the game
Old 09-08-12, 12:27 PM   #49
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

...essential...amazing......pure....modding !
nothing can stop the clever ...minds !

@Rubini: thank you very much

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-12, 01:12 PM   #50
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Air Torpedos and WAC 4.1

Hello Rubini,

Thank you very much for this
fantastic mod

I would like to report my experience with WAC 4.1 (+ many added units):

The mod works, and I forged change the Sim.cfg, even like that works.

I implemented the torpedoes on
USTorpedoBomber (imported from SH4/5 I think) and Anson. Everything works.

The torpedoes hits the U-boot even from 200 m high, but I can not see them in this case. I implemented the torpedo planes inside Naval Artillery in Academy (no the Flak Artillery) at 200 m, and they hit the U-boot. I was with the external camera below the U-boot, and I confirm that it was not any visible torpedo, just the hit and the explosion. . . and game over.

I can open the Library files, but I can not understand how to change the in-water running speed of the torpedoes. If I understood well, they are 2: one "normal" and one acoustic - FIDO.

Can you, please tell me the chunk number of those 2 values, because my U-boots are tweaked and they crash-dive faster than normal, so I need make the 2 torpedoes faster.

Thank you again. You did a great work, again.

Hope you understand my English. . .
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-12, 04:39 PM   #51
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT View Post
Hello Rubini,

Thank you very much for this fantastic mod

I would like to report my experience with WAC 4.1 (+ many added units):

The mod works, and I forged change the Sim.cfg, even like that works.

I implemented the torpedoes on USTorpedoBomber (imported from SH4/5 I think) and Anson. Everything works.

The torpedoes hits the U-boot even from 200 m high, but I can not see them in this case. I implemented the torpedo planes inside Naval Artillery in Academy (no the Flak Artillery) at 200 m, and they hit the U-boot. I was with the external camera below the U-boot, and I confirm that it was not any visible torpedo, just the hit and the explosion. . . and game over.

I can open the Library files, but I can not understand how to change the in-water running speed of the torpedoes. If I understood well, they are 2: one "normal" and one acoustic - FIDO.

Can you, please tell me the chunk number of those 2 values, because my U-boots are tweaked and they crash-dive faster than normal, so I need make the 2 torpedoes faster.

Thank you again. You did a great work, again.

Hope you understand my English. . .
Hi NGT,

Lets start from the beginning:

1. To all this scene works correctly is important to you adjust your sim.cfg as explained on the first post/readme,
2. Is also important that you make the planes a level bomber to achieve the correct drop torpedo behaviour from the airplanes,
3. They (the airplanes) must be scripted with waypoints only 30m high.

4. As explained on first post/readme, no real torpedos for Air torpedos. In the other hand, he fido is a 3d real one but will be spawn with certain restrictions around the torpedo water hit site. Few seconds after it´s release you will be able to see it running into water, trying to find your uboat.
5. So, try to stay on the above directions to have good results with the mod.
6. And to finish, I´m cooking a new version with better FIDO behaviour, crash dive randomization and better (more realistic) airplanes random detection by crew. All this togheter will make the entire airpower side of the game much more challenge.

7. The node that adjust the FIDO speed is the 288 "amun_AcousticTorpedo", open it and you will find a Speed entry. It´s, by default, setted on 15knts. The air torpedo is a virtual cannon, so no need to adjust it. By what you said you really need to put your airplane detection to down, will be not possible to have any torpedo hit on default game/super mods as they are now, because you will always detect the planes too far way and the crash dive is also always very fast...
Old 09-15-12, 07:12 PM   #52
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Amazing work Rubini.... and a fantastic mod too.

Me thinks you deserve a SubSim Award for doing this and getting it to work. So say I.

BTW, any chance of you doing this mod for SH5? Would be awesome in there too.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.

Last edited by GT182; 09-15-12 at 07:24 PM.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-12, 10:42 PM   #53
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
Amazing work Rubini.... and a fantastic mod too.

Me thinks you deserve a SubSim Award for doing this and getting it to work. So say I.

BTW, any chance of you doing this mod for SH5? Would be awesome in there too.
Thanks mate!!

But...Do not Sh5 already had a stock airtorpedo? Or are you refering to FIDO? This air torpedo mod probably will work easily on SH5 as it is. But Fido can be much better as Sh5 have the necessary controller (I guess). IF SH5 really don´t have anything similar, yes, i guess that is possible to do it.
Old 09-20-12, 09:41 AM   #54
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Thanks

Thank you very much for the reply Rubini.

I did not realise that the no-acoustic is not visible.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-12, 06:48 AM   #55
Troublous_Haze
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hello,

I would use some help dealing with sound and SH3.sdl thing.

I'm not following what and how should I do to make sound work.

I made one attempt but it end up in CTD due to sound problems.

Something like Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files including your sound would be a relief.
Old 10-04-12, 09:27 AM   #56
Troublous_Haze
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

So finnaly I made it.

This is how it was done: Since I'm using "Ace's Combined SH3.SDL Files V2" mod I opened it's sdl via S3D (the SH3.SDL in GWX sounds folder can not be opened with S3D), I did the same with the small sh3.sdl that is in this mod, copy/pasted those three entries into "Ace's Combined SH3.SDL Files V2" SH3.SDL file and saved it. Now I have the torpedo drop sound working.
gl
Old 10-04-12, 10:04 AM   #57
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

I'm a bit late to this particular party (about six weeks late!) but finally managed to get some time to try your mod last night.

Awesome piece of work Rubini

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-12, 10:32 AM   #58
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublous_Haze View Post
So finnaly I made it.

This is how it was done: Since I'm using "Ace's Combined SH3.SDL Files V2" mod I opened it's sdl via S3D (the SH3.SDL in GWX sounds folder can not be opened with S3D), I did the same with the small sh3.sdl that is in this mod, copy/pasted those three entries into "Ace's Combined SH3.SDL Files V2" SH3.SDL file and saved it. Now I have the torpedo drop sound working.
gl
Thanks by the interest on this mod, Troublos! And i´m happy that you have managed to adjust it by yourself. I´m sure that you then have learned a bit more on how to mod SH3!

@Wreford-Brown:
Thanks to try it!
I have a new version of the Air torpedo mod ready, I´m just playing with it a bit before release. BTW, the adjust on sh3.sdl don´t need to be remade, you can use this one that you have now.

Cheers!

Rubini.
Old 11-03-12, 03:12 AM   #59
Troublous_Haze
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
@Wreford-Brown:
I have a new version of the Air torpedo mod ready, I´m just playing with it a bit before release.
Still working on it ?
Old 11-03-12, 04:48 AM   #60
BUKER
中国水兵

Downloads: 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
I have a new version of the Air torpedo mod ready, I´m just playing with it a bit before release. BTW, the adjust on sh3.sdl don´t need to be remade, you can use this one that you have now.
Good news!

P.S. Thank you for Your labour!