SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-07, 01:59 PM   #16
U-Bones
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwine
Hi NvDrifter... !

The template file for Balao class...seems to do not create the "copy of XXX.zon" file.... other templtes do it, but that for the Balao Class doesnt.

I am not worry for the back-up file... i made them, but i am woory if the file works in the correct way...

Can you check this behaviour in your installation please ?

In an earlier rendition of the Tweak Pack - one of the NSS_Balao.*.txt files points the PATH variable to the wrong Sub. Make sure you check this. I think you will find you are working on one of the Japanese subs.
U-Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 02:07 PM   #17
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Bones
Quote:
Hi NvDrifter... !

The template file for Balao class...seems to do not create the "copy of XXX.zon" file.... other templtes do it, but that for the Balao Class doesnt.

I am not worry for the back-up file... i made them, but i am woory if the file works in the correct way...

In an earlier rendition of the Tweak Pack - one of the NSS_Balao.*.txt files points the PATH variable to the wrong Sub. Make sure you check this. I think you will find you are working on one of the Japanese subs.

Thanks !! Thats correct, i changed the Japanese sub... i loss my original file.

Any fix for this yet ?

Can i use the file of japanese sub and rename it as Balao ?
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 02:11 PM   #18
U-Bones
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi NvDrifter... !

Any fix for this yet ?

You can fix it yourself.

Under C:\Program Files\SH3 Mini tweaker\Tweakfiles\
Edit NSS_Balao.zon.txt
Change the PATH to use the file Data\Submarine\NSS_Balao\NSS_Balao.zon
Old 04-03-07, 02:15 PM   #19
Redwine
Sea Lord

Quote:
You can fix it yourself.

Edit NSS_Balao.zon.txt
Many thanks !!!
Old 04-03-07, 08:01 PM   #20
NephilimNexus
Swabbie

Downloads: 18

I love this! However, there is one small glitch - the data on the American 5" submarine deck ammunition storage is wrong. It gives 100AP & 100HE ammo, but the tweek seems to be aimed at the wrong memory location, showing is as carring HE & AA ammo (AA?) and wrong values for both.

Other than that, this thing seems to work beautifully!

I did notice that the 4" deck gun, however, shows the correct ammo load for the 5" deck gun. I'm going to try modding this instead and seeing if that works. Probably just a minor typo, no big deal.

Addenum: Duh I'm stupid! I was using a S18 which only has the 4" deck gun. DOH!
NephilimNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 08:27 PM   #21
nvdrifter
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi NvDrifter... !

Any fix for this yet ?

You can fix it yourself.

Edit NSS_Balao.zon.txt
I guess people missed my previous post in this thread. I already corrected the mistake and uploaded again a few days ago!

Last edited by nvdrifter; 04-03-07 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-03-07, 09:17 PM   #22
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)
Downloads: 0

Is there a cameras.dat tool yet? The one for SH3 doesn't work on SH4 and I'd love to adjust the height of the camera a bit.

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.
Beery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-07, 11:19 PM   #23
U-Bones
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beery
Is there a cameras.dat tool yet? The one for SH3 doesn't work on SH4 and I'd love to adjust the height of the camera a bit.
DTB posted a camera.dat somewhere recently with a free cam ceiling of 2000? ft and lets you get close to objects. I snagged it and am happily using it, let me know if you can't find the link.

I REALLY want a tweak file for camera.dat. I find it super annoying to have to immediately do shift arrow after the < > key views - the starting view is so far back you cant even see the ships at night, at day too far for details. I also dislike the restriction on how close you can get.
Old 04-03-07, 11:59 PM   #24
NephilimNexus
Swabbie

Downloads: 18

Okay a question about the torpdeo tweaks: What do the values for "impulse" and "straight_run" mean?
NephilimNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 05:49 AM   #25
Redwine
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdrifter
I guess people missed my previous post in this thread. I already corrected the mistake and uploaded again a few days ago!
Yes... and sorry , there are many mods and files, i loss the line of some of them when attempt to use. I am become ederly ! :rotfl:
Old 04-04-07, 05:52 AM   #26
Redwine
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NephilimNexus
Okay a question about the torpdeo tweaks: What do the values for "impulse" and "straight_run" mean?
Impulse is related to the "shake" the explosion cause in nearest objects. Not related to its power or damage capability.
Old 04-04-07, 06:01 AM   #27
Beery
Admiral

Location: Silver Spring, MD, USA (but still a Yorkshireman at heart - tha can allus tell a Yorkshireman...)
Downloads: 0

Quote:
Quote:
DTB posted a camera.dat somewhere recently with a free cam ceiling of 2000? ft and lets you get close to objects. I snagged it and am happily using it, let me know if you can't find the link...
Oooh! I have to get that. I tweaked it myself for SH3 using TT's tool, but if someone else has done it for SH4 that's great! I'll look for that right away.

[edit] I got it, but it slows my framerate down to a crawl and the camera actually goes through the seabed and the ground. I think there's something wrong with it - could it be that it's just the old RUb cameras.dat file? If so, that would explain it, as the SH4 cameras.dat file is quite different.

"Anyrooad up, ah'll si thi"
- Missen.

Last edited by Beery; 04-04-07 at 07:07 AM.
Beery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-07, 07:29 AM   #28
U-Bones
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
DTB posted a camera.dat somewhere recently with a free cam ceiling of 2000? ft and lets you get close to objects. I snagged it and am happily using it, let me know if you can't find the link...
Oooh! I have to get that. I tweaked it myself for SH3 using TT's tool, but if someone else has done it for SH4 that's great! I'll look for that right away.

[edit] I got it, but it slows my framerate down to a crawl and the camera actually goes through the seabed and the ground. I think there's something wrong with it - could it be that it's just the old RUb cameras.dat file? If so, that would explain it, as the SH4 cameras.dat file is quite different.
I guess we could ask I never payed the RuB mod, but this behaves like the SH4 camera with distances etc. However, you would think a binary tweak would result in near identical file sizes and it is smaller than stock SH4... Stock 41,620 bytes, DTB 40,763. Weird. The SH3 camera was significantly smaller at 32k.

I got a little framrate hit, but the numbers are almost rock solid instead of jumping around, so I kinda like it. I am getting ~25 with everything high on a 7600 GT.
Old 04-19-07, 05:57 PM   #29
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Downloads: 65

This mod want work on any torpedoes, post 1.2 except for the type 27. What did they do? I'm not a hex editor so no idea how to get it work with the wierd numbers they have now.

Example: Max Turn Angle : 7.61844E+3

Example: Range: 50
Old 04-20-07, 02:26 PM   #30
Deepquiet
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtWalt65
This mod want work on any torpedoes, post 1.2 except for the type 27. What did they do? I'm not a hex editor so no idea how to get it work with the wierd numbers they have now.

Example: Max Turn Angle : 7.61844E+3

Example: Range: 50

Hi there...

You can use a Hex-Editor to change the Torp-Settings..

Ok, i will try with my 20 years old school english to explain

First you download Hex-Workshop ---> http://www.download.com/Hex-Workshop...l?tag=pdp_prod

Install and run hex-workshop

Ok, now step by step

1: Open the Torpedoes_US.sim with hex-workshop

2: Look now for speed

You see on the pic that i mark it with a red cycles. Just mark with your mouse this area "...A" on the right window. On the left window the fields 0000 F041 are now marked. The Torpspeed will show now by the option "Float" and with 30. 30 meens 30 knots.

3: Ok, you can change this settings.

Example: may you want that your torp runs 36 knots, just change in the LEFT window this 0000 F041 to 0000 1042

4: More speed?

Just change the settings from 0000 F041 to 0000 3842 = 46 knots

You can change all Torps step by step with the hex-workshop

5: The same way is to change the Torp-Range

Just take a look to the Pics

9000 means 9000 meter (i am a german so i change the gamesettings)

6: or this settings for 12500 meters

or 3200 meters

Ok... this pics are all examples...you can try to find your own torp-settings by different trys

Greetings from Germany

Deepquiet
Deepquiet is offline   Reply With Quote