Incredible
A dream for us
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 05:43 PM   #17
Jojojung
Seaman

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Very, very good news! Looking forward to get this.
Jojojung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 06:29 PM   #18
Jojojung
Seaman

Downloads: 50

Is there any oppertunity to support the devs? Crowdfundig?
Jojojung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 12:34 AM   #19
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Currently they are discussing with a publisher, if the deal is done they will have all the funding they need, if not, they will turn to a crowdfunding.

They will tell us if they need $$$.
Old 10-29-20, 01:48 PM   #20
stormrider_sp
Planesman

Downloads: 51

I hope it's not Microprose.
Old 10-30-20, 06:03 AM   #21
Pandur
Watch

Downloads: 42

Just saying, a must buy for me when this comes out.

It looks like the 1st person DW in modern gameplay and graphics, mechanics, multiplayer with mulitstations, that i always wanted, is there anything more i could ask? I dont think so.

Good luck Maslas!
Pandur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 07:21 AM   #22
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Learning Modern Naval Warfare....

Very interesting....

I like the complexity of underwater warfare. But how do you learn this?
My problem with the vast majority of simulators is that the "academies" "youtubes" etc. made by people who know it all very well, while a novice still knows nothing. Too often they assume foreknowledge ... They more often show how well they know than they attempt to teach a nitwit something. .. eg an incident that vexed me wildly: On Youtube: We sail from Kiel to Kristiansand. Here rises a problem for a novice: How the hell do I get my boat in Kiel ??

Often the type of English is downright bad. Mostly for a non-Englishman, way, way too fast ...

To my taste, there should be "in game" lessons, in a calm manner, in plain English, clear sound, without abbreviations, with a clearly visible pointer, constantly targeting the target audience, the pointer not constantly flying across the screen etc. etc.

First with the help of a teacher, where you can easily take steps back ("what did he mean exactly?"),not only with an explanation WHAT you have to do but also WHY you have to do something, then the same exercise without a teacher. Because submarine warfare is so complex, you should actually have an education expert check the lessons.

In this way you will grow even more enthusiasts of this kind of simulators ...

easy
Old 11-13-20, 12:57 PM   #23
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormrider_sp View Post
I hope it's not Microprose.

Why?
Old 11-13-20, 04:28 PM   #24
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy View Post
Very interesting....

I like the complexity of underwater warfare. But how do you learn this?
My problem with the vast majority of simulators is that the "academies" "youtubes" etc. made by people who know it all very well, while a novice still knows nothing. Too often they assume foreknowledge ... They more often show how well they know than they attempt to teach a nitwit something. .. eg an incident that vexed me wildly: On Youtube: We sail from Kiel to Kristiansand. Here rises a problem for a novice: How the hell do I get my boat in Kiel ??

Often the type of English is downright bad. Mostly for a non-Englishman, way, way too fast ...

To my taste, there should be "in game" lessons, in a calm manner, in plain English, clear sound, without abbreviations, with a clearly visible pointer, constantly targeting the target audience, the pointer not constantly flying across the screen etc. etc.

First with the help of a teacher, where you can easily take steps back ("what did he mean exactly?"),not only with an explanation WHAT you have to do but also WHY you have to do something, then the same exercise without a teacher. Because submarine warfare is so complex, you should actually have an education expert check the lessons.

In this way you will grow even more enthusiasts of this kind of simulators ...

easy
Yeah, that's the long time dilemma for simulations, making them approachable for non-techies but also scalable for people who want to learn all the small details.

I like your idea of an "academy" style tutorial, that would be very engaging.

Hopefully, the devs will be able to include an easy mode where the TMA and fire control is assisted by the AI, but also a fully hands-on mode where the player will be able to work the contracts through sonar displays, classify them, designate them, develop a good solution through patient TMA, and then set up the shot.

The Cold Waters style of gameplay is fun but I like the challenge of Sub Command and Fast Attack, too.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 10:28 PM   #25
Kapitan
Sub Test Pilot

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 7

Well i can say i'm in for sure

Find out about Museum Ships here: https://www.museumships.us/

Flickr for all my pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131313936@N03/

Navy general board articles: https://www.navygeneralboard.com/author/aegis/
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 02:47 AM   #26
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

From the dev:

It will be the first SUB sim in the history of subsims that the ship moves with a real water physicseven on the demo that you saw a basic form of it was already there.

The pilots on MNW have work todo and what you saw on the demo is only 30% completeUse of ballast tanks and fore and aft planes are going to be there working with physics the same goes with propulsionAs I said a Subsim can never become a study sim like DCS because it is just meaningless but it can become a better dangerous waters.

Due to that fact and due to the quality standards that we have set, we can't give many platforms at initial release.

We will have to give the rest platforms on DLCs

Source :

https://discord.com/channels/4590954...96639371591741
Old 11-17-20, 01:43 PM   #27
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

It's been so many years since DW, this is going to be great. Serious modern sub action again. Oh man.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-20, 02:12 PM   #28
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
It's been so many years since DW, this is going to be great. Serious modern sub action again. Oh man.

A very exciting time indeed! Can't wait.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 04:55 AM   #29
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Looking forward for this little gem!!!!

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 07:03 AM   #30
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 134

Good design. Today I receive letter from Subsim about this pre-alpha. Graphic is excellent. It is my word. Design game is exellent like. But have few questions:
1 - how many resources need for this sim? After install Windows 10 in my computer game "Cold water" not run normal. In this sim I see best graphic then before - so this question and rise.
2 - As I remember first modern subsim was "Red storm rising" many-many years ago... As I know today - it was not realistic submarine sim. So now need know about: what about modern submarine countermeasures? What about data modern torpedoes and modern modification elderly torpedoes? Would be or not data about homing systems modern torpedoes, f.e. "Mark-48 mod.7 APB-5" - whta now loading in "Virginia" class submarine with elderly "Mark-48 mod.7 CBASS"? Would be or not resistance to various countermeasures for modern torpedoes? Whjat about data in subsim modern world (US f.e.) submarine sonars? In simulator I see one from last US submarine "Virginia" class what have “AN/BQQ-10(v)6 LABA” sonar. Khow this equipment would be releasing in game? What about ESM “AN/BLQ-10A (v)2 TI-14” install in this submarine? What data would be used in subsim? What about anechoing coating for US submarine and enemy submarines? And more more questions about realising modern equipment US submarine and enemy submarines and ship?

Iteresting read answers, so "Red storm rising" was simple shooter and not realistic. Not interesting another shooter seen...
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote