Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-28-12, 01:44 PM   #1
andym
Weps

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2
Default Just found the disc.

Well after the sideboard collapsed,my T34vTiger game came to light.Its been literally years since i looked at it.What patches and other bits n bobs do i need to get.I know about the Megamods and extra Missions by one of the Forum Members.

Cheers Andy.

Old 01-06-13, 09:05 PM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default TvT

Sorry Andym but except for Zeewolf's, excellent ,custom-made/pay-for-play mods and missions which require membership nobody plays that game anymore.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-13, 05:49 PM   #3
woofiedog
Engineer

Downloads: 9

Along with Zeewolf's excellent upgrades and other items... you might want to give the Panzersim site a look over for some info on new missions and updates and also you might want to checkout MMP7.

http://panzersim.forumotion.com/t383-try-mmp-7-here

http://panzersim.forumotion.com/f1-t34-vs-tiger-general

Also Tanksim.org.ru for info and downloads.

http://translate.google.com/translat...ksim.org.ru%2F

Good Luck & Hunting.
Old 01-10-13, 06:36 AM   #4
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default TvsT

The problem with MMP7 is that nobody is playing TvsT MP anymore.The modders have abandoned work on the mod and the MP aspect of the game is now over.Here's Murkz( one of the modders of MMP)' last post on the subject:

MMP

Murkz on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:20 pm

With T34 vs Tiger not having any work on it for 6 months and the fact that we are all really enjoying beta testing the new I44 beta build, MMP development has come to an end. It has been a great ride and we have met and made many new friends along the way.

For us as a team, we are still together and are doing all we can, from a tanking aspect to help I44 become as good a tank simulation as possible.

So good luck to all, our forum will remain and we hope to see you all playing i44 on its upcoming patch release.

Until then, thank you for your support and best wishes for the future.

PzU

MurkzAdmin

Old 01-10-13, 08:17 AM   #5
woofiedog
Engineer

Yes, I read at the time on the Panzersim site that post by Murkz about MMP7 and that he and others were moving on to other interests.

I have a four versions of TvT on my computer and MMP7 version is one of these that I still use and play.

My question to you... from what you are saying in your post, is that I should not be using or playing MMP7 because the people that developed this version are no longer working on MMP7?

andym orginal question is asking about any... quote "What patches and other bits n bobs do i need to get."

This is why I posted on this thread.
Old 01-10-13, 11:44 AM   #6
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default TvsT

My question to you... from what you are saying in your post, is that I should not be using or playing MMP7 because the people that developed this version are no longer working on MMP7?

Woofiedog I am not saying that you shouldn't play it or not I am simply informing Andym that if he expects to play TvsT MP he is going to be disappointed as nobody plays it anymore and SP-wise there's only Zeewolf's mods which you need to pay for through membership renewable every year. Now he can decide to do what he wants with the info.I also have MMP7 but it's not compatible with ZW's mods(I was a member the first year) .
Old 01-11-13, 02:21 AM   #7
woofiedog
Engineer

I agree that the following for online TvT MP is pretty much over and I44 and SB Pro the more popular for online gaming.

As an offline player MMP7 & Zeewolf's versions TvT are great games for tank sim play along with SF 1.5 and also RO Darkest Hour.

But hope andym finds what he is looking for.
Old 01-11-13, 09:06 AM   #8
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default TvsT

I would add Red Orchestra's Heroes of Stalingrad and Iron Front Liberation 1944 as good potential candidates.

For SP and sim-wise I think Steel Fury is better than TvsT in almost every aspect except for the maps which are bigger and the graphics which are a bit more polished in TvsT.Steel panzer Mod 2.0 is just available to for open testing and takes SF even further.
Old 01-11-13, 01:20 PM   #9
andym
Weps

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Cheers for the replies chaps.Its all a bit academical anyway,i cant get the code right,i did write it down but it still wont work.Looks like i will get the latest SBPPE upgrade,I was just curious as i said after the collapse of the sideboard it came to light.
Old 01-11-13, 10:23 PM   #10
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default TvsT

I remember reading back in the days whenTvsT still had players that the code was an issue.Sometimes it was just a matter of entering the number 0 instead of the letter o.

SBPPEis a great game but unfortunately there are no WWII mods made for it.Although Skybird said that you can play WWII style by disabling all the modern warfare paraphernalia and just using the optics.

Steel Armour Blaze of War also offers modern tank warfare in ahybrid combo rts/sim( you can play both 3rd and 1st person) with tanks of the 60s the M60 and the T-62. Lots of modding and players seem to like it.