SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-12, 02:58 PM   #31
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
New version is finally available, v.1.1 is here! Well not here actually, it's in the first post...

As far as I know, no campaign restart is needed. New version is more challenging, no more morale boost after sinking merchants, it was too easy to have full morale even after long patrol. Also morale boost from talking with the crew is much reduced. Feedback is welcome!
Thank you Rongel

By the way, is your mod messing the crew management screen as No Magic Skills did?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-12, 03:25 PM   #32
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374
Uploads: 0

Thanks Rongel!
D/L and try it now..

PS: Some changes in the files which need translate?

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 05:57 AM   #33
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:

By the way, is your mod messing the crew management screen as No Magic Skills did?
Do you mean the blue efficiency bars (that are shown in No Magic Skills description)? Yep, some of them don't work like they should, and it seemed to be futile to try to fix it. Maybe later!

Quote:
PS: Some changes in the files which need translate?
No, there shouldn't be any new text in game, just tweaked values. Hmm, wait, I think every campaign dialogue text file is edited since last version (I removed lots of morale boosts). Maybe you need to check those???
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-12, 10:48 AM   #34
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Do you mean the blue efficiency bars (that are shown in No Magic Skills description)? Yep, some of them don't work like they should, and it seemed to be futile to try to fix it. Maybe later!
Yes please Rongel. Exactly those bars!
Old 08-14-12, 03:32 PM   #35
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
No, there shouldn't be any new text in game, just tweaked values. Hmm, wait, I think every campaign dialogue text file is edited since last version (I removed lots of morale boosts). Maybe you need to check those???
Thanks Rongel!

Only one to edit - CrewMembers.upc

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 08-18-12, 08:31 AM   #36
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
link dead.. may i have a new link for download pls?
tnx
gamefront.com is not working now.. try to d/l later..

Old 08-18-12, 08:43 AM   #37
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
gamefront.com is not working now.. try to d/l later..
tnx
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 10:56 AM   #38
firezard
Nub

Downloads: 87

Broken link, help...

Hey wait... it back on line...

Last edited by firezard; 08-18-12 at 11:15 AM.
firezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-12, 11:23 AM   #39
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Yep, looks like it's working now! Gamefront has issues...
Old 08-18-12, 01:27 PM   #40
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Yep, looks like it's working now! Gamefront has issues...
Your mod is fixing that problem of torpedo speed abilities fix too?
Old 08-18-12, 01:29 PM   #41
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
v.1.01

-Removed all TorpedoSpeed entrys in Special Abilities that were causing errors in TDC.

Old 08-18-12, 01:57 PM   #42
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Default tnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
cool, tnx
Old 09-09-12, 05:51 PM   #43
GT182
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 658

Rongel, a version for stock SH5 would be great.

One question tho. Why wouldn't moral increase if your men are doing what they'e supposed to do..... fight the war? I'd think moral would decrease if they just sat around with nothing to do.

Starting a fresh brand new campaign is a PITA. But seeing that it will work advancing to the next campaign section is good. I'll go for that... cause I ain't startin from scratch again for a long long time. I've reinsatalled SH5 at least 9 times in the last 3 months.

No Borders, No Language, No Culture =s No Country

I'm a Deplorable, and proud of it.
GT182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-12, 06:28 PM   #44
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
One question tho. Why wouldn't moral increase if your men are doing what they'e supposed to do..... fight the war? I'd think moral would decrease if they just sat around with nothing to do.
In the last few days I had a look at many historical type VII patrol reports. I noticed that, especially at the beginning of the conflict, U-boat war patrols rarely exceeded 4-6 weeks, even if they had still fuel and plenty of torpedoes left. Though not being the norm, returning at base even not having spotted any contact or fired a single eel was quite a common occurrence.

On the contrary, what happens in SH5 is that virtual captains can keep their boat at sea ad libitum, as long as they have enough fuel and ammo left. In my opinion this is utterly unrealistic, and might contribute by a big extent to the unrelistically high tonnage figures per patrol that people are often complaining for.

So, returning to the topic of this thread, I agree that succesful attacks should slightly increase crew morale and, by a bigger measure, morale pool. But in the meanwhile I would expect that during unusually long patrols crew's morale and their overall efficiency would drop so much that tonnage sunk couldn't compensate for it, forcing us to return to base at full speed before the general mutiny.
Old 09-10-12, 04:33 AM   #45
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT182 View Post

Starting a fresh brand new campaign is a PITA. But seeing that it will work advancing to the next campaign section is good. I'll go for that... cause I ain't startin from scratch again for a long long time. I've reinsatalled SH5 at least 9 times in the last 3 months.
Hi! Good points, let me try to explain the decisions...

Yep, I took out the morale boost if you sink ships. The reason is that in the average patrol you migh sink 7-10 ships or even more. Every sunk ship gave you one point of morale back which is about 1/10. So basically your morale would be at max in almost every patrol. The increase was just too big. And the game doesn't take any difference if you sunk a fishing boat or a huge tanker, morale will increase just the same.

I would love to reduce that value instead of taking it out completely, but the game understands only full numbers in these cases! So 0,1,2 etc. One more point is that this mod tries to simulate the crew efficiency loss too and not just morale. So even if you are succesful, there is a limit that the human body can do. But I have thought that when you complete your goal, the morale boost could be increased to 2 instead of one.

As far as I know, this mod will function even without the restart of the campaign. At first I thought you needed to restart because the campaign dialogue changes, but it doesn't seem to be so. Only the starting skills are a bit different (you get one point to some of them automaticly). So basically it should work.

I would really like to hear what kind of morale values people have had when they return to port (and how long that patrol was). That way the mod could be improved further.