SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-14-20, 11:17 AM   #1
RickSarg
A-ganger

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] New Weather Meter

This mod can be used with both widescreen GUI's : Ahnenerbe_WS-GUI_1920x1080_for_CCoM_by Wurmonkel & ARB WideGui 1920x1080

Simple mod which replaces the cloud icon used by Stiebler in his weathermeter fix. Now a worded icon>'CLEAR' icon appears when the weather is reported as clear, 'FOG' (green) when fog is light, 'FOG' (amber) when fog is medium and 'FOG' (red) when fog is heavy.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/P3oDHIJB#r10Itn...yvo3JvcOD0iilw

RickSarg
RickSarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 11:46 AM   #2
divemonkie
Medic

Downloads: 1031

Your timing couldn't be better!
Was hunting grd BE17 the other day, had to recharge batts when I was almost run over by a DD. I knew it was fogy but I'd not realized it was that bad.

I escaped but took more than a few brusses for it.

will this work for Magui?
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 11:59 AM   #3
RickSarg
A-ganger

Not at present but I can have a look if you let me know which MaGui you are currently using.

RickSarg
Old 05-14-20, 12:05 PM   #4
U301
Officer

Downloads: 782

Does this work with NYGM?
WAC MaGui for *** - 136*x768
KUrtz

Last edited by U301; 05-14-20 at 01:20 PM.
U301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 12:31 PM   #5
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSarg View Post

Not at present but I can have a look if you let me know which MaGui you are currently using.

RickSarg
WAC MaGui for *** - 136*x768
Old 05-14-20, 12:46 PM   #6
divemonkie
Medic

Quote:

RickSarg
WAC MaGui F for 1360 x768
that would be great. I took a peak at them in winmerg and think I found the corresponding lines in MaGui but I'm not at all confident under ini files hood. it's kinda like MG wiring under there.
Old 05-14-20, 01:52 PM   #7
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemonkie View Post
WAC MaGui F for 1360 x768
that would be great. I took a peak at them in winmerg and think I found the corresponding lines in MaGui but I'm not at all confident under ini files hood. it's kinda like MG wiring under there.
Wac magui is not quiet good, I prefer 3.4 with caws not only visually. Only great thing of wac version.in rise down scope in the bar.
I have my own custom version and replace the compass fur annenerve s and make easy for real navigation with hide bout mod
Old 05-14-20, 02:11 PM   #8
divemonkie
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
Wac magui is not quiet good, I prefer 3.4 with caws not only visually. Only great thing of wac version.in rise down scope in the bar.
I have my own custom version and replace the compass fur annenerve s and make easy for real navigation with hide bout mod
DOH! yes your right, I use Wac commands files for new Uboat comp but am using MaGu 3.4i F. I like it couse it removes weapons officer temptation for solution to target but I can still have him id targets
Old 05-14-20, 02:24 PM   #9
RickSarg
A-ganger

Default [REL] Weather Mod for MaGUI NYGM 1360 v1.0

download here: https://mega.nz/file/fmokzarD#hKLfHM...23jb9-OzlAnnrQ

let me know what you think of this guys!!

RickSarg
Old 05-14-20, 02:43 PM   #10
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO [REL] New Weather Meter... question...

Would be interested in this, if per chance this mod worked for LSH3-2015, since LSH3-2015, comes packed out with a widescreen adaption for it included.

furthermore, no clear release date yet known, but do know that the modder that authored LSH3-2015, has stated that a release is soon to be done for an updated LSH3, tentatively now referred to as LSH3-2020. This has been mentioned, in the appropriately named forum post for it, on page 93 of that forum posting & item post # 1393, found here:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1393

Secondly, know that with h.sie's patch for SH3, in regards to rain, it is now set up for when it starts to do so it is tagged as foggy conditions so that if you are traveling about in TC, rain will drag you back to a reduced TC of somewhere in the ball park of 1 to 8 TC. Does your mod, allow for that or not.. as well.?

I have to say that I am very much interested in what you have set up, yet don't want it stripping out other benefits of what has come before, and am hopeful that your mod, has taken this into account or if it hasn't yet... may do so, if it is indeed feasible.

Mad Mardigan

Old 05-14-20, 03:28 PM   #11
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
DOH! yes your right, I use Wac commands files for new Uboat comp but am using MaGu 3.4i F. I like it couse it removes weapons officer temptation for solution to target but I can still have him id targets
i love his work but, you know... ja, wac is hounted jajaja. i have only one thing i dont like of magui and i had to make my own is get bearing out of scope and also edit the obs periscope to and old mod rectangular shape, all with other marks. cross is right in magui but i dont know, tis a delicate thing... you are pointing with it.

Side note, I edited the tga to replace icon to vr visual range and I change color to go lightblue-yelow-orange-red-bordeaux (red it's much dangerous becouse you have no visual range but it's not raining so could have planes with radar in mid-late game

Last edited by Aquelarrefox; 05-14-20 at 04:19 PM.
Aquelarrefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 04:45 PM   #12
divemonkie
Medic

Quote:
i love his work but, you know... ja, wac is hounted jajaja. i have only one thing i dont like of magui and i had to make my own is get bearing out of scope and also edit the obs periscope to and old mod rectangular shape, all with other marks. cross is right in magui but i dont know, tis a delicate thing... you are pointing with it.

Side note, I edited the tga to replace icon to vr visual range and I change color to go lightblue-yelow-orange-red-bordeaux (red it's much dangerous becouse you have no visual range but it's not raining so could have planes with radar in mid-late game
Nice! you mean you've moved bearing out of scope view like Hitmans? I realy like his scope with bearing on top in it's own little window with the white background,...makes it very easy to read.

all I've managed is to rework the big compass making it easier to read.
it aint pretty but I can find N. S. E. W. and all points between
the other thing I like about 3,4 different from Wac is the scope depth gauge. I never liked on mouse over in Wac, was always haveing to check my scope depth...good thing though couse I've a habit now of setting depth to 13, 14 meters and just running the scope all the way up.
Old 05-14-20, 04:54 PM   #13
divemonkie
Medic

Quote:
download here: https://mega.nz/file/fmokzarD#hKLfHM...23jb9-OzlAnnrQ

let me know what you think of this guys!!

RickSarg
Didn't work for mine, jumbled my TDG.
but than I'm using GWX, so that dont mean much, wait for others to report in.

you still get a
Old 05-14-20, 05:04 PM   #14
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Nice! you mean you've moved bearing out of scope view like Hitmans? I realy like his scope with bearing on top in it's own little window with the white background,...makes it very easy to read.

all I've managed is to rework the big compass making it easier to read.
it aint pretty but I can find N. S. E. W. and all points between
the other thing I like about 3,4 different from Wac is the scope depth gauge. I never liked on mouse over in Wac, was always haveing to check my scope depth...good thing though couse I've a habit now of setting depth to 13, 14 meters and just running the scope all the way up.
I believe I will upload my nygm/gwx hybrid, with my gui and smart jfo. I call it cgm= consolidated gm mod.
And bearing is sterch so hard to read.
Old 05-14-20, 05:16 PM   #15
divemonkie
Medic

Quote:
I believe I will upload my nygm/gwx hybrid, with my gui and smart jfo. I call it cgm= consolidated gm mod.
And bearing is sterch so hard to read.
Pleas do. I'd like to try it.
ARB is another master peace but sad for me I cant read my TDC at 1920x768 so I'm stuck at 1360x768.
thanks to Tycho I can read grds on my nav map, otherwise I'd be stranded on Gilligan island.