SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-03-21, 08:20 AM   #16
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Oui, merci. if I knew where are the images composing this bar, I would know how to make them transparent with Photoshop
Il n'y a pas de quoi Pascal.

Check if adding a black alpha layer to the textures will do the trick, but I suspect the same textures to be used for other UI parts, so making them transparent might cause more problems than else.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-21, 03:53 PM   #17
Pascal
Captain

Downloads: 500
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Il n'y a pas de quoi Pascal.

Check if adding a black alpha layer to the textures will do the trick, but I suspect the same textures to be used for other UI parts, so making them transparent might cause more problems than else.
Yes, but first we have to find out where the image files of this bar are and I can't find them!

My Mods
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 07:48 PM   #18
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes, but first we have to find out where the image files of this bar are and I can't find them!
I thought you had said that you know where its texture is located, sorry for the misunderstanding. In order to find it, you should start the game in menu editor mode, or alternatively you should look into UI files with notepad. I wouldn't be surprised if the texture used on that bar was a white 4x4 pixels bitmap. You would have an hard time finding it by simply digging into the UI texture folder...
Old 03-01-21, 05:17 AM   #19
Pascal
Captain

So, dear fellows, don't tell me that nobody knows where these files are!

My Mods
Old 03-04-21, 07:55 AM   #20
Pascal
Captain

Quote:
No one felt like creating a mod for that because for most players the menu option that has already been mentioned below in this thread, works as supposed.

I am pretty sure that that annoying bar can be removed with a mod too, but I doubt it to be as easy as editing a couple of texture files. Menu Editor is the tool you need for investigating the issue and possibly for solving It.
Well in my French game, this option of the Menu, checked or not, doesn't produce any result in the game ...

My Mods
Old 03-04-21, 11:56 AM   #21
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well in my French game, this option of the Menu, checked or not, doesn't produce any result in the game ...
You were wondering how is it possible that no one had created a mod to remove that bar, and post was an attempt to answer that question.

I continued my answer by offering a possible solution to your problem. You need to check UI settings either with UI editor or by opening the rlevant files in notepad. Once you find where that bar is scripted, you will also know the texture files it uses. Much easier doing that than digging in the texture folder for a texture which is probably 4x4 bitmap with no resemblance with the bar itself. I also said that the same texture is probably used by several UI items, so removing it or making it transparent might not be the solution. If you found the bar within UI scripts, it would be safer reassigning a trasparent custom texture used only by that bar, or removing completely the bar from scripts
Old 03-04-21, 04:07 PM   #22
Pascal
Captain

Quote:
You were wondering how is it possible that no one had created a mod to remove that bar, and post was an attempt to answer that question.

I continued my answer by offering a possible solution to your problem. You need to check UI settings either with UI editor or by opening the rlevant files in notepad. Once you find where that bar is scripted, you will also know the texture files it uses. Much easier doing that than digging in the texture folder for a texture which is probably 4x4 bitmap with no resemblance with the bar itself. I also said that the same texture is probably used by several UI items, so removing it or making it transparent might not be the solution. If you found the bar within UI scripts, it would be safer reassigning a trasparent custom texture used only by that bar, or removing completely the bar from scripts
MercI. Very kind of you, but it's hopeless - I don't know how I managed to lower the heads of periscopes (Mod VIIB and C) - I left a message in the Ubisoft forum ... bottle in the sea

My Mods
Old 03-04-21, 05:11 PM   #23
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
MercI. Very kind of you, but it's hopeless - I don't know how I managed to lower the heads of periscopes (Mod VIIB and C) - I left a message in the Ubisoft forum ... bottle in the sea
Why hopeless? Unfortunately I have not the game installed at present, so I can't direct you, but understanding UI files is all but impossible. If you are interested, I can point you to some tutorial. They apply to SHIV, but they are still valid for SH5
Old 03-05-21, 10:51 AM   #24
Pascal
Captain

Default Eurêka !

1) In the folder "Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg" :
GameplaySettings.cfg
NoShipHealthBar= true (for all the different campaign levels)

And special pleasure:
2) To the nettles the file : HPBar.cfg

My Mods
Old 03-05-21, 01:56 PM   #25
gap
Navy Seal

Quote:
1) In the folder "Silent Hunter 5\data\Cfg" :
GameplaySettings.cfg
NoShipHealthBar= true (for all the different campaign levels)

And special pleasure:
2) To the nettles the file : HPBar.cfg