Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Ironclads
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-23-09, 07:21 AM   #1
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default ironclads: High seas new (June 22 2009) screenshots posted

Totem games have added a further batch of screenshots of their forthcoming game "Ironclads High Seas" to their site
Old 06-23-09, 10:13 AM   #2
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Although I was having some fun, I put the first one on the back-burner for one reason only. There was no way to refresh your mind of the mission details from a save. The orders would only spend 1-2 seconds on screen and there was no button or command to review them. Yes I could have written them down at the beginning, but I hadn't and didn't feel like starting the mission over.

Buddahaid
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 12:06 PM   #3
Maxim
Totem Games

Downloads: 0

You are absolutely right. Our first game had such problem. But in new game there will be no tasks for separate maps. Therefore there will be no such problem.

Our new game in real time. Any more there will be no step-by-step fights. The player will have a naval base for the ships. The player himself will book to itself the ships depending on money available for him. Therefore it will be possible to construct a horde of gunboats or some high-power frigates. This deviation from your message.

Now about tasks in game. The task will be one and constant. It will be necessary to destroy all ships of the enemy in battles between squadrons of vessels.

BR,
Totem Team
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 12:19 PM   #4
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Hi Typical Russian

I know the game is to be 3D realtime and that you are saying there will be no map tasks, does that mean all ordering of ships will be done in the 3D world? I know many of us like to have and even prefer the option of switching to a 2d map during the game to order ships and that this feature was added to "Jutland" with great success, any chance of incorporating a 2d ordering option as well?.

Thanks

Last edited by Sonarman; 06-23-09 at 05:30 PM.
Sonarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-09, 03:23 PM   #5
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Dont take me wrong here but isnt the title "Iron clads, high seas" a bit unfortunate as the iron clads were not exactly known for there seaworthyness?

ps; I may be way off base as I was un able to load the link and dont know what kind of Ironclads are involved but I think of the Monitor and the Merrimac when ironclads are mentioned.
Old 06-24-09, 01:28 AM   #6
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamWake View Post
Dont take me wrong here but isnt the title "Iron clads, high seas" a bit unfortunate as the iron clads were not exactly known for there seaworthyness?

ps; I may be way off base as I was un able to load the link and dont know what kind of Ironclads are involved but I think of the Monitor and the Merrimac when ironclads are mentioned.
Many of the famous Ironclads used in the ACW were unsuited for operations on the open seas (The Monitor is a good example), but a lot of other Ironclads of the time worked quite well. I think all of the Ironclads used in Lissa were ocean-going, for example.
Old 06-24-09, 02:26 AM   #7
Maxim
Totem Games

Downloads: 0

I hope, that this screenshot will answer both questions.
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-09, 10:34 AM   #8
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Ah thank you for the education. Not excactly one of my most knoweledgable fields.

Very interesting.