Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 08-17-11, 09:22 AM   #166
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

How the hell are you guys jumping tiers so much? I'm getting stuck with such crappy teams im only averaging 300-600 xp in my VK3601... little bit better in my Lowe.

Pain in the ass.

Edit: Goddamit just had a game with 3 leapords that were ranked mid tier and they all hid in the bushes behind our flag. I'm never gonna reach Tiger before I leave back for school

Edit2: Just got my first victory which happened to be when I got face raped by 2 IS3s with a T-32 dinging me also. Needless to say I had barely any damage.. With the 5x modifier...1,482 xp.
Old 08-17-11, 05:05 PM   #167
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
How the hell are you guys jumping tiers so much? I'm getting stuck with such crappy teams im only averaging 300-600 xp in my VK3601... little bit better in my Lowe.

Pain in the ass.

Edit: Goddamit just had a game with 3 leapords that were ranked mid tier and they all hid in the bushes behind our flag. I'm never gonna reach Tiger before I leave back for school

Edit2: Just got my first victory which happened to be when I got face raped by 2 IS3s with a T-32 dinging me also. Needless to say I had barely any damage.. With the 5x modifier...1,482 xp.
Don't fall into the trap of rushing through the tiers. You need to enjoy each tank you play for you to play better game. People who feel the rush to upgrade through tiers usually play badly in effect slowing their tier evolution. . Enjoy every tank.
Old 08-17-11, 05:23 PM   #168
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
True but specifically true only for the lower tier tanks.

I take it back. Yeah German has substantially more accurate gun tier per tier
Old 08-17-11, 06:04 PM   #169
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Oh I understand what you're saying but, being in the same tank since christmas? I'm ready to move on. However, I'm considering getting the VK3002DB and then the Tiger I as it opens up the Panther as well.
Old 08-17-11, 08:18 PM   #170
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 17

@ Krauter:
I understand what you mean about not seeming to progress, due to noob team members.
Yesterday I had a bad run of about 9 or 10 games where we got decimated in most of those games. People hanging back where in fact they should have moved up, pushed the flank attacks.
I was in my L°we with a couple of other heavies attacking and attempting to hold a flank against a couple of IS-4's, a IS 7 and a E-75. We got absolutely slaughtered, I looked on the mini map and screamed for support, firstly from arty and also noticed that 3 or 4 heavies had base-camped.
Needless to say I wasn't happy with the lack of team work there.
It seems very prevalent at the moment that players just really do not know how to play this game. And moreso do NOT play as a team. Point in case: Heavies rushing out to a position by themselves, Heavies base-camping when support is needed on a flank or the push up the middle, arty not supporting, perhaps too busy eating chips and watching youtube videos, Tank Destroyers moving up too quickly and being exposed or found in no cover, attempting to go head on with heavies.
All these, and of course people not knowing where the weak spots are on a tank, and shooting blindly into a tank and then wondering why a tank is not getting maimed and killed.
I had that 9 game losing streak yesterday, and really wondered if I was going to get my Tiger after all.
Things improved again, finally. Got some awesome match-ups, and in a few of the winning games we absolutely smashed the enemy forces, deploying what seemed like blitzkrieg tactics, leap-frogging down the flanks beautifully, all the while holding the middle ground and arty supported well and actually hit their targets!
But you guys, I have to admit, the most frustrating way to lose is when the team is going really really well and ahead on the score board, and lo and behold the base gets captured with absolutely no-one defending it! That to me is the most frustrating way of losing a match! I hate that.
On a side note, I have adjusted my play style for the Tiger 1, since it's armor is paper-thin.
I still need 1 engine upgrade to improve its mobility, the gun upgrade is almost complete, only the 8'8 (last tier) to go, but tactics for this tank are, even at fully upgraded, do NOT go head to head with other tanks! It is a good sniping tank, with its awesome 8'8 gun and mobility, it can also but ONLY support heavies and mediums from the second line.
NEVER should you attempt to go head to head with this tank against other heavies, and NEVER should you play peek a boo with other heavies.
Even mediums will go after you and take you on one on one, as the Tiger 1 has a reputation for thin armor and perhaps its all about the operator, how its used.
Which goes for every tank in game.
The cost of running the Tiger 1 is quiete expensive too, I find that my credits are halved pretty much all the time, with repairs and ammo.
I'm leaving it garaged at the moment until 1 more gun upgrade (final one) and final engine upgrade, then take it out for my daily doubles, and once I get the Tiger 2 I will sell it. No point in keeping it, as the Tiger 2 is supreme in every stat over the Tiger 1!
See you on the battlefield. Kill 'em all!

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Feuer Frei! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-11, 08:19 PM   #171
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

I swear the idiots come out to play at night. Today during the morning and afternoon I ended up having some decent matches in my Lowe and VK3601. Making on average 1-1.4k exp a match. Now, I'm getting hung out to dry left and right and having the stupidest team mates ever.

GAH. I hate online gaming
Old 08-17-11, 08:25 PM   #172
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Hahah. Yea, agree.
Yesterday I had someone call me a cheat! I asked why? I knew exactly who it was, the enemy player who I'd maimed down to 1% health and then rammed to death
He said I cheated, I said I killed you fair and square buddy, I was in my IS and just stomped on him with my left tread and reduced his health from 1% to 0%!
He didn't think it was fair. Alls fair in Love and War I say.

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Old 08-17-11, 09:03 PM   #173
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Reminds me, I was up to some shenanigans in my Leo and chased down a speedy Luchs with the 20mm auto cannon. Was right behind him when he went down a hill and looped back to face me. I turned towards him and we both collided. He promptly exploded and I backed up and continued on my merry way Only to get one shotted by a Herpa-Derp KV2

Also, Feuer, I think I just msg'd you. If you want to platoon (I have the premium from the event) for a few matches thatd be cool
Old 08-18-11, 02:36 AM   #174
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

New Physics in development for WoT.
Looks awesome:
Note: Loltraktor piggy-backing on a Maus is FTW!

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS
Old 08-18-11, 10:26 AM   #175
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

No, that's a MS1 Maus surfing.

*about the tiger 2, The best gun isn't always the best gun. In alot of cases the KWK 43 is alot better than the 46. as you can get 4 shells for the 8.8, for the price of 1 shell for the 10.5.
Old 08-18-11, 12:07 PM   #176
Spyguy101
Helmsman

Downloads: 39

Great, now a got to worry about flying tanks
Spyguy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 12:27 PM   #177
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy101 View Post

HunterICX
Old 08-18-11, 02:25 PM   #178
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Got the Tiger I, plays O.K. Don't have much for her, save for the Short 88, 2nd Engine and the upgraded radio. All from other tanks, however, I think I'm going to split time grinding the turret and L/71 between it and my Lowe, then I'm doing a 64k grind through 3002DB to Panther. Hopefully I'll have both the Tiger and the Panther, as they were in WW2, in my garage by the time I leave back for school next Thursday.

Also, sadly I'm giving up the Konisch/Gold rounds duo on my Vk3601 as it's getting expensive and I don't need to use it that much anymore. Better to get used to the L/56 and the Long 75.

See you out there!
Old 08-18-11, 02:37 PM   #179
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Good luck with the stock tiger. The stock turret is a nightmare, and the short 88 is worthless against anything at, or above your tier.
Old 08-18-11, 07:14 PM   #180
Feuer Frei!
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyguy101 View Post
Keep in mind that the video I posted is only a work in progress, just to show off the physics capabilities.
You won't be flying or turning 360 degrees, performing barrel rolls whilst shooting. I t looks awesome, word is if your tank rolls over, you will die, or if your tank lays on its side, etc etc.
Can't wait for this to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
Got the Tiger I, plays O.K. Don't have much for her, save for the Short 88, 2nd Engine and the upgraded radio. All from other tanks, however, I think I'm going to split time grinding the turret and L/71 between it and my Lowe, then I'm doing a 64k grind through 3002DB to Panther. Hopefully I'll have both the Tiger and the Panther, as they were in WW2, in my garage by the time I leave back for school next Thursday.
As TaskForce said, stock is woeful, but that is like every tank stock.
Once you upgrade Maybach engine and upgrade to the long 8'8 gun, things are a little better in it.
I make a habit of not entering battle with a newly-bought tank, especially if I haven't any upgrades for it to mount prior.
I have a golden rule for newly-aquired tanks:
I'm playing heavies so this is most prevalent to them, but upgrade-wise, always always always upgrade gun. First and foremost.
Gun gun gun. Can't say it enough.

Also, sadly I'm giving up the Konisch/Gold rounds duo on my Vk3601 as it's getting expensive and I don't need to use it that much anymore. Better to get used to the L/56 and the Long 75.

See you out there![/QUOTE]

LINK TO MY SH 3 MODS