SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Red Storm Rising
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-17-06, 11:05 AM   #16
Captain Norman
Medic

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0

Dude, mountain water would be pure. Ive drank water straight from a spring, straight from a well, and untreated mountain water, and im fine. It builds up ur immune system anyways.
Old 06-17-06, 08:03 PM   #17
Kurushio
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurushio
Yeah but it still goes into reseviors for later use and thus gets treated, then you Americans love adding chemicals like flouride. Compare that to sticking your mouth under a mountain spring. :p
mountain spring = germs
treated water = sterilzed
Right....you do know Evian, Volvic, Vittel and all the other bottled water which comes from the French Alps is bottled straight from the source untouched/untreated etc? I only drink bottled water....and it says so on the label. And it also says it's biologically pure.

Also...maybe you should take a trip to a European health spa one day...not only is the water untreated, it's actually good for you and cures serious ailments such as liver complaints etc. Doctor's also recommend courses of treatments to these health spas after major surgery...not that I've had either.

Last edited by Kurushio; 06-17-06 at 08:06 PM.

Old 06-17-06, 09:11 PM   #18
Captain Norman
Medic

Well, although its weird that this topic now discusses water, and I cant remember why it does now, but ill give you all another water fact, which most of probably know.
Aquafina and Dasani really is purified and treated tap water (where I live, Dasani comes from the Carp River, the most polluted river in my area), so think twice before drinking it. If you need bottled water, drink Evian.
Old 06-18-06, 07:39 AM   #19
Kurushio
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Yeah they tried selling that crappy water in Britain about 4 years ago. It's basically tap water...it went bust when everyone found out about it. You know....we've got some of the best water here what with France being close (the Alps).

Though saying that...many rivers are polluted. But they should be pure at the source.

Old 06-18-06, 03:41 PM   #20
Captain Norman
Medic

One may hope, sometimes the source can be dirty too. But it was because of Dasani's launch in the UK that it was purified London tapwater (mmmm, water of the Thames) that it was discovered its treated river water across the rest of the world.
Old 06-18-06, 04:17 PM   #21
Kurushio
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norman
One may hope, sometimes the source can be dirty too. But it was because of Dasani's launch in the UK that it was purified London tapwater (mmmm, water of the Thames) that it was discovered its treated river water across the rest of the world.
LOL...no...Londoners drink the water from resevoirs. Nobody touches the water in the Thames. I don't think it's possible to purify it....from medieval times up to 1850 it was used as a sewer...so you can imagine what the riverbed is made of. It's still brown and murky today and fishes don't live there...I think it's radioactive.

Old 06-18-06, 07:36 PM   #22
Captain Norman
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurushio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norman
LOL...no...Londoners drink the water from resevoirs. Nobody touches the water in the Thames. I don't think it's possible to purify it....from medieval times up to 1850 it was used as a sewer...so you can imagine what the riverbed is made of. It's still brown and murky today and fishes don't live there...I think it's radioactive.
Lol, true, but its true from what I read in the report, Dasani was going to use treated water from the Thames.